Phantis Forums

Changes for 2011-12

Irlandos

I never heard such a thing! :o

I, honestly, like our choice: Dimi had a blinder of a game against us and I hope he performs like that for us as well.

He has been known to make the occasional mistake e.g. the unsteady performance v. Malta, etc. but let's hope he settles down early.

eidur came to sign.

a good signing i think but not such a huge MPAM like the papers make it to be. he hasnt had a good season in a handful of years, wasnt so fit since his return to the premier league. he is also turning 33 this year so hes no spring chicken and will not help too much to pick up the speed of aeks game, adding to a generation of ageing players. luckily aek have signed a handful of younger guys to hopefully help balance the issue.

dont get me wrong though, hes a talented player and will DEFINITELY help aeks game. he will add maturity, experince and creativity to the team and can surely be a success in the greek league, which caters better to ageing players in comparison to the premiership. so in that respect, he can very well be successful in the greek league.

its nice to see we can still attract players with a good european name to the league and i look forward to watching him play for aek. lets hope he can get fit and stay that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Eidur Gudjohnsen for ?650k a season!!! :o

That's f***n penauts for a quality guy like him!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

Is that the Jimenez impact? Or AEK can still bring in players for that amount despite a horrendous last season? :blink:

Considering PAO signed Toche to replace Cisse (!), this is a marvel signing!! ;)

Well Done!! :nw: :nw:

Genome, it was Eleftheropoulos that was having an affair with Antzas' wife, not Konstantopoulos, so don't worry Dellas won't need to rip his heart out for trying to bed his lady :D

Jimenez seemed very frustrated after Anorthosis' 3-0 win over AEK yesterday. He basically said that Michel & Diop were in his plans and he has no idea what is going on with players coming in. Cypriot teams are obviously strong now so AEK needs cheap options from leagues like that in my opinion.

For a start Konstantinou is available on a free &was top scorer in cyprus last season. If not him then why not Muslimovic who is available on a free, and probably the better option anyway at this stage of their careers. He has great close ball control and an excellent finish. Aloneftis is also available on a free and would add pace and goals to the midfield. Jaouad Zairi is another excellent player that AEK could get on a free or for dirt cheap. He'd add a lot of skill & a great delivery from the right. Tziolis could also be an option on a free in midfield to replace Diop.

So AEK would spend very little money and could end up looking something like this:

----------------------------------Konstantopoulos-------------------------------------

Kontoes--------------Manolas/Cala------------------Dellas--------------------Lagos

-------------------Makos/Gentzoglou---------------Tziolis----------------------------

Zairi--------------------------------Gudjohnson-----------------------------Aloneftis

------------------------Lybe/Muslimovic/Konstantinou/Sialmas---------------------

A 4-4-1-1 (or 4-2-3-1) formation that could suit an AEK team like this. I think they'd do quite well in the Superleague imo

No it wasn't! :nono: That was Kokkalis' son!

Eleftheropoulos was definitely doing her, i've got the tape! :P Ok i'm joking obviously but he definitely was sleeping with her, hearsay also claimed that Kokkalis' son was too but that was never proved hence the reason Antzas went back to Olympiakos after Eleftheropoulos left

Archived