Phantis Forums

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifier: Greece-Malta

Omonoia9

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece 2-0 Malta HT

Genome is right, we looked bad in the last couple minutes of the half. Konstantopoulos is a spaz back there, I would hate to need him in an important match

Going forward we've been great. Fetfa, Torosidis and Ninis have been superb and Salpi has led the line excellently too. Best I've seen us play under Santos, albeit it against a very weak team. I like that the tempo is high and that we've shown variation in our attacks. Some times we cross it high other times low, sometimes we build down the flanks, other times through the middle. That's good.

Defensively we've been less than convincing though. Katsouranis and Karagounis in centre mid simply does not work. When losing the ball there's acres of space between the midfield and the defence. Karagounis can't get back in time, Katsouranis is too lazy to get back and goodness knows what Tziolis is doing from a positional sense. A stronger team would have punished. Konstantopoulos has also been poor, i'm putting it down to nerves for now. I still think our goalkeeping order should be sifakis, tzorvas and chiotis

first 5 mins of the half it looks like we've fallen into the same old bad habits. not pressing, playing at a low tempo and Malta have the ball. Why not go out there and win this 5-0? Or at least wait til it's 3-0 to relax? If they score the next goal now it will be a nervous finish.

first 5 mins of the half it looks like we've fallen into the same old bad habits. not pressing, playing at a low tempo and Malta have the ball. Why not go out there and win this 5-0? Or at least wait til it's 3-0 to relax? If they score the next goal now it will be a nervous finish.

Completely agree there is no reason, and I say this without wanting to underestimate Malta, not to win this 6-0!

Lazarus i thought Ninis was very good in the first half, didn't you?

I was referring to the first half too. ;) Personally, I didn't like him. I'd expect more and better distribution from a player that had been touted as the next best thing in Greek soccer. I liked Fetfa and Salpi (although he had no luck) in the first half.

Damn! Another "lets just make it difficult for us" game. It's Malta for God's sake!!!

What the hell is wrong with pressing for extra points? I just can't get this lack of work ethic about us......

Archived