Phantis Forums

Playoffs 2011

athinaios

Do you mean IF they win the CL playoffs :P PAO needs a weaker team to make it to the CL. Actually, if many players leave after the Greek playoffs, then it'll be like rebuilding the team again. Plus, I don't think Fereira will stay. So back to sqare 1.

after a fantastic goodbye in his last home game at OAKA last night, gremio officially announced that they have signed gilberto silva on a free transfer...

as much as i would have liked to see him stay on for another year then work at the club in some other capacity, we can really use the money saved on his 2+ million euro contract...apparently he has also left the door open to working with us in the future...

i am happy he fulfilled his wishes in going back to brazil to be near his family..he is a true champion, model professional and just incredible all around person...i suspect it will be a while until we see another player of his caliber and professionalism in this league...one of the best who has ever graced greece with a long, wonderful career full of fantastic achievements...

WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU GILBERTO AND THE DOUBLE YOU HELPED BRING US!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

PAO did it, beating AEK 2-0, with 2 goals by Cisse (whom I doubt we'll see playing for this club again).

Now PAO needs a weak team for the qualifiers, because with a new roster, this team won't be strong and ready for serious euro play.

PAO did it, beating AEK 2-0, with 2 goals by Cisse (whom I doubt we'll see playing for this club again).

Now PAO needs a weak team for the qualifiers, because with a new roster, this team won't be strong and ready for serious euro play.

Will we be seeded? If not forget it. Whether we draw PSG, Arsenal, Villarreal, Benfica, or Bayern, we're going out. We need a non-seeded team

athinaios...there is potential to build a very good team without big names, we have done it before and done just fine in europe...do i think it will happen? probably not. it will be very tough at this point..the economic issues have not been resolved, so things will be difficult...the questions of our manager, technical director have to be resolved immediately and a plan for the team needs to be laid down...things are very complicated at the club even without the sporting issues..someone needs to take the reigns quickly and set a path..only then can we hope to build a good enough team to play and compete in the CL...since summer is here and the main economic issues havent been resolved, it is hard to be overly optimistic...who knows..

PAO123,

I agree, and I think it's the future for poorer teams, where they develop their own players, get good scouts, but above all they need a great "institutional structure". In other words, a good professional internal culture. Of course, financial and managerial stability are a must. That's the challenge for PAO right now.

Archived