Phantis Forums

Relegation battle 2011

Irlandos

for me, these decisions dont stamp out corruption, they add fuel to the fire and drive it further...i am heated about the subject so excuse me if i seemed harsh..i have had bad bad bad experiences working in greece, but they taught me a great deal not only about myself, but the country and the people who run it...

to get rid of corruption means a total revision of the system and new players in the important positions...this will not happen in my eyes because the links between the government and football are so strong..if the government is corrupt, the football is corrupt as well...i wish it werent true, but it is...

the people who are corrupt are the people who run the league. the small clubs get picked on to make us think good steps are being taken while also meeting certain peoples agendas...getting rid of minor corruption does little when you want to address the system as a whole...getting rid of 3/4 of the a ethniki will not end corruption, to me it is evidence that more corruption exists deeper in the system...bad paperwork is "small potatoes" compared to other CRIMES that happen behind the scenes...crimes that probably would warrant serious jail time...yet only teams like iraklis feel the pain in the end, because they are not high enough on the food chain...

please dont think the past presidents and officials are any different then the new ones...marinakis is kokkalis reincarnated, only more vocal..the same can be said for people like pilavios, who in my eyes is a big joke...every year we like to trick ourselves into thinking that we are taking steps in the right direction, when in reality, every year we get worst and worst and the shady back dealing go deeper and deeper...

the truth and unfortunate FACTS are that greek football has been spiraling downward for quite some time..i am just waiting for everything to explode...its a shame for us fans that love the game bc our league is tainted as a result of a handful of greedy and power hungry people...these people have no place in football if we want true change..unluckily, i dont think much will happen...this is not a prediction that i want to make, but someone will have to die for even the smallest bit of change to occur...even that probably wont be enough...

Archived