Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

GreekTV DVR Receiver

Above is the link with all the specifications.

It is a fraction smaller than the TV Plus one but its remote is a little bit bigger. This is not a DRV receiver but rather a PVR receiver meaning that you cannot pause live TV as in DirecTV or Dish Network ones.

It comes preset with only the Greek channels from SES1 and there is no option to add another satellite or select it from the list and scan it, or maybe I haven’t found it yet. If you make the mistake and do a system reset to default settings you will only get the Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No external hard drive came with the receiver.

I did manage to figure out how to get the Home2US channels from the correct frequency. It had to do with the LNB type. Still no luck how to change the name of the satellite or add another satellite to the list.

The video is not as good as the TV-Plus one, slightly worse.

The two smart cards that I currently have work on both receivers. I suspect that a different receiver with iderto smart card slot should also work despite what they would tell you. I will call and ask them if they can call the "real" tech guys and get a "real" answer to this question as I am willing to spend the money and get a better DVR receiver.

Maybe DKSat might know more about this

The response time on the remote is not good. In some cases you need to point exactly at the receiver. Although slightly bigger than the TV-Plus one, still the buttons are too small for an average size fingers.

DK Sat if you are listening!!!

Will an HD receiver with a (CA) Conditional Access slot work with the IRDETO card supplied by GreekTV-America or the CA slot needs to be specific to IRDETO technology?

thanks.

The HD receiver need to be MPEG4 with a IRDETO (CA) Conditional Access slot to work with the IRDETO card.

What HD receiver you are looking at to see if it will work with IRDETO card??

DKSat

• 2 weeks later...

The Greek TV America link (Greek TV America) now is redirected to the Greek Media Group.

What is that all about?

If you go to the Greek Media Group website and click on the Mega Cosmos link, Euro-World Network is no longer listed as a platform. Only RCN & Cablevision are listed. On the main home page if you notice there is a Mega Cosmos banner that reads, "Order today: 800-306-7526". All previous info that was on that banner has now been deleted. I remember that there was more info at 1 time on that banner. So anyone out there knows what this means?

A new epic series: "MY LOVER UNDERCOVER"

They have -or CLAIM to have:

---MEGA which is available only on two cables (while in order to cover 50% of continental US you probably need 50 cables) and on an UNDERCOVER satellite

-- ALTER which has filed under law 99, that is chapter 11, and is available nowhere.

-- ERTWORLD which they say it is available only on Dish satellite -as it has always been- but they have on the UNDERCOVER satellite as well

-- Star which was available on RCN but is no longer

-- RIKSAT which is available on a pirate platform !!!

-- GMTV which is available no where

Well, I wonder how long might be the line of international channels waiting to be distributed in the US by Stavros Theodorou and his team of 244 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY http://www.greekmediagroup.us/GMG/contact.html

Those people seem to have a lot of international channel distribution expertise! There must be a hidden (tr)ACE on their team!

PS1: There was a Stavros Theodorou, married to a Georgia Dumas, who was a pretty good singer for weddings and all social events. I hope he didn't abandon a promising carreer to get involved in UNDERCOVER distribution.

PS2: Georgia Dumas must be UNDERCOVER as well, since she is not listed amongst the contact persons. Would her being UNDERCOVER have anything to do with her sitting on the board of directors of a company listed in NASDAQ, whose share was at $25 and now is at 5c, being a subject of an a SEC investigation?

...look for more MY LOVER UNDERCOVER episodes coming exclusively on Phantis Sports Club and many many courts near- or far from- you!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The Greek TV America link (Greek TV America) now is redirected to the Greek Media Group.

What is that all about?

If you go to the Greek Media Group website and click on the Mega Cosmos link, Euro-World Network is no longer listed as a platform. Only RCN & Cablevision are listed. On the main home page if you notice there is a Mega Cosmos banner that reads, "Order today: 800-306-7526". All previous info that was on that banner has now been deleted. I remember that there was more info at 1 time on that banner. So anyone out there knows what this means?
DKSat, any insight?

Mega sure knows how to pick them. What the heck--the platform has disappeared from the website and there is now no way to order online. And, the channels of Greek Media Group are no longer listed as being with that platform <_<

Mega sure knows how to pick them. What the heck--the platform has disappeared from the website and there is now no way to order online. And, the channels of Greek Media Group are no longer listed as being with that platform

I am not sure what the exact situation is currently, but all the channels are still up as of now.....A friend of mine was told about a week or so ago that a new company is in the process of buying Greek TV-America, or something like that. Sounds very strange though, I wonder what the outcome will be. From the look of things, it seems like the relationship with Euro-World Networks has gone south or something???? :blink:

I am not sure what the exact situation is currently, but all the channels are still up as of now.....A friend of mine was told about a week or so ago that a new company is in the process of buying Greek TV-America, or something like that. Sounds very strange though, I wonder what the outcome will be. From the look of things, it seems like the relationship with Euro-World Networks has gone south or something???? :blink:

Interesting news about the buy out. Mega needs to find a stable platform and stick with it, as Hellashab mentioned.

Grk101, what channels are on the platform now? I am guessing Mega, ERT, RIK and GMTV right? Is Alter still on? Did STAR make an appearance?

Interesting news about the buy out. Mega needs to find a stable platform and stick with it, as Hellashab mentioned.

Grk101, what channels are on the platform now? I am guessing Mega, ERT, RIK and GMTV right? Is Alter still on? Did STAR make an appearance?

Mega, ERT, RIK, GMTV, and Star as well as the ERT radio stations are currently up. Alter was supposed to be added "soon", but I doubt that will happen especially since UBI recently announced they are dropping the content all together.

Greek Media Group updated their website. No changes really unless you want to count a change of font as a change or that they have removed the statement "Coming Soon" from the pages of Alter, Star, & GMTV. But they also don't state where these channels can be found.

What a wonderful website, full of information. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It looks like GMG updated their site. They now list all the channels on Home2US, EllasTV, and some of them on this other company WhereverTV. http://wherever.tv/index2.jsf

Interesting they listed Alter Globe as being available too, even though it is NOT up. (And I personally do not see it being up for a while, especially since UBI just cut it) As for the change from GreekTV-America to Home2US, it seems like something went wrong with the Euro World-Network deal. Like I said earlier, a friend of mine was told that Greek TV-America was in the process of being bought by a different company, but I am not sure I believe that. I guess we will find out in the future....As for them officially listing EllasTV.....just wow. :gr:

Per their site:

Mega Cosmos: Home2US, EllasTV, RCN, Cablevision, WhereverTV

Alter Globe: Home2US, EllasTV, WhereverTV

ERT World: Dish Network, Home2US, EllasTV, WhereverTV

Star International: Home2US, EllasTV, WhereverTV

RIK Sat: Home2US, EllasTV

GMTV: Home2US, EllasTV

Question, Grk101, if I may ask. When you get your bill in the mail or if you get an e-bill, what company does it come from? On another note, I checked out that WhereverTV website, and it states that the Greek package info will be available tomorrow.

Question, Grk101, if I may ask.  When you get your bill in the mail or if you get an e-bill, what company does it come from?

I was charged from “GREEKTV AMERICA INC” and they sent out a paper statement/receipt marked as paid on Greek TV America letterhead from California. (Where EWN is based) It seems like a confusing set up, but as I understand it, and I could be wrong, GMG had teamed up with EWN to create a new platform (Greek TV-America) which would be run, marketed, etc. by EWN/their new subsidiary Greek TV-America, and Home2US was providing the hosting. But now it appears something went wrong with the EWN deal, and they are looking for a new partner for the platform. (Or as GMG claim someone is buying them out...)

Archived