Phantis Forums

Atromitos v. PAO

athinaios

Nov.8th. 7:30 local time.

A game that PAO should wrap up rather easily, but then again you don't know what team will show up. Must win such games.

Did you hear that Matos may be returning to PAO in January? I've been a fan of Matos and I'm glad to hear this. Our midfield is older (other than Ninis) and already tired.

apparently spyro felt some pain today and didnt train with the rest of the team..reports indicate he is alright and will be at nioplias' disposal for mondays match...ninis hasnt trained fully and neither has leto...im sick of them being out, our offense has obviously taken a huge hit without these two starters....

katsourani will probably be partnered with kante at the back...

i always liked mattos and was always upset at how ten cate ruined him at the club...i have a feeling that antoniou has something to do with him not being on the team as well...i dont know why,but thats the feeling i get....seeing our problems in the centre of the park, i think mattos would be a great re-addition to the team...he has been ON FIRE with botafogo, helping the team challenge for the title this season (if anyone wants to follow an exciting few weeks of football, i suggest you check out the brazilian league bc it is a TIGHT race) he is kind of the perfect option..knows the league, knows the team and will fill into the centre great..i hope we see him back but for some reason i see us selling him to botafogo...

i dont see why we would go out and spend unneccesary money when we have the option to bring back such a quality player...it would be a stupid move in my opinion not to bring him back...we spent millions on him to keep him from signing with portsmouth and it would be both a bad economic and tactical move to let him go...

the team will be

--------------------tzorvas------------------

---vyntra-----kante------kats----spyro---

------------simao----------silva-------------

--govou------------------------------garcia-

--------------------lazaro--------------------

---------------------cisse---------------------

fernandez, seitaridis, ninis, leto, boumsong and mavrias were all left out....ninis should be available soon and leto will start training with eben at the beginning of this week to make up for the lost ground he has missed...

Lazaros had a very nice goal in the 70' to give PAO the win and the 3 points. Didn't watch the game, so I don't know how the team performed but I saw some video and we had many chances to score while Atromitos didn't do much up front.

Move on to another game.

I'm being spoiled this season by watching England's remiership league. Last night I watched Arsenal being defeated at home by Newcastle.

Man City and Tottenham are fun to watch. Have you seen Bale of Totts? I watched Totts 2 games against Inter.... very entertaining. They demolished Inter last week for the CL.

we played really terrible in the first half...well more or less throughout the match but particularly in the first half...we couldnt string any passes together, the players were making an incredible amount of amateur errors...there are a few things that are evident...

gilberto needs to sit.the he is a fantastic player and a great professional but he needs a rest...he was making some errors that last years gilberto did not make...he is not as strong and not as focused..give plessis a chance, he seemed pretty good every time he has played, he is more than capable of starting against a team like atromitos...bring matos back...we obviously need help bringing the ball forward...we move the ball so slowly in the back, run out of options and boot the ball forward...

we need a game plan...the team is not playing with any sort of philosophy...i believe nioplia is to blame for this..he needs to work on his tactics, which seemed today to be non existant..it looked as if he just picked 11 players and told them to go out there are play...

hopefully when leto and ninis return they will help us..luis garcia made sooo many mistakes..he has been playing alot of games and should have found his feet by now..he is missing the final cutting edge pass or move or shot...

govou is a dud it seems...he doesnt look interested in playing football.. :tdown:

on a positive note we improved a decent amount in the second half...marino and kara helped...marino gave us fresh legs and kara gave abit more organization to the team..i like how marinos always works very hard, thats the attitude we need to promote...he goes out and gives it his all, fights for the ball and shows he wants to play...i just wish he had a bit more skill..luckily he is still young

katsouranis for me was our best player...despite sending some bad long balls he did well back there..was very solid and helped try to move the ball forward..

we gained a player in lazaro...first half he was nowhere to be seen but he played well when he was moved out to the left and able to take players on one on one...his goal was very nice as well...if he keeps playing well and improving, this could be a great year for him..

also to our defense, atromitos really only played defense...they basically played with everyone but camara in their half and i often counted 6 of their players in the box...despite this and despite our bad play we still managed to create chances and had we scored earlier i believe we probably would have scored a couple more...

onward to next week...

Archived