Phantis Forums

Alter Globe to shut down?!

Well that is unfortunate. I think this pretty much casts a severe doubt over Alter Globe's return to the US market as well.

On another note regarding Alter Channel, their bankruptcy hearing was pushed back until July...

• 3 months later...

I'd figure we'd continue discussion of ALTER here than in the other monster thread.

I was at a friend's house who has Home2US today, and ALTER GLOBE was on but the sound went completely disruptive at one point, as if listening to some badly tuned radio. The other channels were good, so I don't think it was his receiver. More than likely, the uplink is still problematic

• 2 months later...

Does ALTER GLOBE show anything now that ALTER in Greece has shut down?

The question to ask is why would anyone subscribe to Alter Globe when the parent channel in Greece is no longer on the air and thus there is no original programming being shown?!

I would also like to know how Alter Globe is continuing to broadcast- isn't it run from Greece?! The employees have pulled the plug on Alter Channel, why haven't they done the same with the international channel?!

I don't know the answer, but I am guessing that there is some technician

and a person who picks old shows, and this is enough to keep the channel going.

The channel may be paying to them some peanuts and they do the job.

Possibly even some friend of the owner may know how to do the job.

• 3 months later...

I'll ask this here, since it was discussed earlier in this thread. What is the current status of Ellas+ on UBI? I see it is now called "EllasInfo"? Is it just a simple name change, or has programing been changed too?

Archived