Phantis Forums

Outlook for the season

Dava-G

Adamidis says we are going for the double and excellent play in europe. Ha.

With the signings that PAO and Oly are making (real class players) and we have a budget so low we cannot afford players under 500K, I have similar feelings as I did last year.

I do think we will be playing a lot better ball, but I dont see much higher than 3-5th place again this year.

I do see PAOK falling apart, but I think Aris will have a stronger team and a couple of the minnow teams with improve this year.

I just dont think, realistically, we can compete with the the transfer budgets of PAO and Oly to challenge for the title.

Adamidis says we are going for the double and excellent play in europe. Ha.

With the signings that PAO and Oly are making (real class players) and we have a budget so low we cannot afford players under 500K, I have similar feelings as I did last year.

I do think we will be playing a lot better ball, but I dont see much higher than 3-5th place again this year.

I do see PAOK falling apart, but I think Aris will have a stronger team and a couple of the minnow teams with improve this year.

I just dont think, realistically, we can compete with the the transfer budgets of PAO and Oly to challenge for the title.

You might be right about a minnow team. I think Panionios is looking like a real dark horse this year and Aris have been threatening for a while to break through to the next level and possibly challenge for the title.

Regardless of the signings the other big 2 Athenian clubs have made, I don't think AEK will have such a bad season as the last one.

Actually i believe that you guys are the second most dangerous team this year because in comparison with all the other top 3 clubs,Pao,Olympiakos and Paok,you have the same coach with last year,you got players-leaders in the spots that you needed and you look more solid.Pao will have the extra burden of CL group this year,Paok had the manager change and the luck of money to deal with,Olympiakos is building something new with a new coach and a bunch of new faces,Aris has many ups and downs so i really think that you are a big danger in my eyes for this year title chase.

I think we will play much better soccer than we did last year. I also think we will finish higher than we did last year (before the playoffs) but still within the range of last year. There is no question that the team will be alot more focused than last year due to Lymbe and Dellas... but I dont think the additions will fill the voids in the long term. Our outside defenders situation has got worse due to Araujo leaving. If we have 2-3 injuries our depth will hurt us. As of today Diop, Mastorovic Lagos and Elder are hurt. You add one midfielder or striker and we have issues as far as depth.

If we try to actually succeed in the Europa League our players will get tired and again our depth will be an issue.

I see PAO winning it again.

Archived