Phantis Forums

Albert Ortega Riera

Crazy

Olympiakos finally has managed to find the player that propably and posible will fill the void of one of our greatest players ever,Djole,as our left wingman.Albert Riera is ont the private jet of Mr.Marinakis and he is a few hours away from signing and finalizing one of the biggest transfers of the summer for our club.

Here is a link with details for his life and carrer and a few pictures and videos:

http://www.redplanet.gr/html/ent/237/ent.272237.asp

After the not so succesful experiments of Datolo and Artsumbi and Lua-Lua finally that spot will be filled for the next 3+1 years by a real great quality player.

With a transfer that has taken almost a week to be put together(talks with Liverpool first and then talks with the manager) and with most if not all the olympiakos fans on the verge of burning computers screens and destroying keybords from searching and looking for the latest news about it,we can just relax and enjoy the few last hours before it is 10000% official and done with. :tup:

More details on his arrival to follow...

Don't get me wrong GREAT PLAYER!

The only issue that I have w/ this player is that he didn't really play as many as games as others... Kyrgiakos played more games than him for Liverpool..

Lets hope that this guy stays healthy, plays well, and gives us another "dimension" on the field.

I believe that he will do great because here,in Greece and Olympiakos he will be able to be 1 of the star players of our squad but with out the whole game to relly on him.In Liverpool he was 1 of many good players but never close comparison to the likes of Gerrald-Torres-Mascherano.For us,Olympiakos fanatics, he is the Djole replacement.For me there is no comparison,nobody ever could ever get close to Djole achievements with our club but defently a lot better that all the other failure players that have played in that spot for us.Riera will give us what we were lucking mainly last year.A better attacking dimension.With him and Rommedahl on the sides,Olympiakos gets back the fast and dangerous game that we had strive upon all this years but at the same time make players like Dudu and Ibagaza lifes a heck a lot easier.More choices,better choices and more ways to create opportunities and space for our offence to work.As you greatly pointed out,if he stays healthy,we will be just fine..... :tup:

Great signing for Olympiakos, title contenders next season, but even though they will qualify next year for the CL, they don't have a team to win it. Even with the signing of players like Riera, he is a good player he will excel in Greece and do nothing in Europe next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived