Phantis Forums

PAOK v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, petty or not, I 'll say it: one of those disgusting opado-'reporters' was, earlier in the week, giving the PAOK players advice on how to cope with Kara's diving (which is very much true and I don't like it btw). But even Kara's diving is pure fairplay compared to Vierinha's dives.

Something isn't right... we're trying will very long air balls to get to Cisse or anyone up front.. Not good chances this way...

I hope our guys aren't getting tired, because long air balls may indicate unwillingness to run...

Im satisfied thus far........We look the better team so far. We need to bury our chances, Cisses not at his best but were just throwing long balls too him for him to head back to the midfielders. He'll get his moement....

I'd actually consider taking Leto off sometime soon for Spazaros Xristodoulopoulos beleive it or not....

Otherwise were doing ok - great work by Spyropoulos who is a hoss out there tongiht

I don't think so. We 're running a lot behind the ball. Anyway, at half time, the game gives me the feeling that either we will forget all the 'this is Toumba nonsense' and take them head on or the game will keep going at this pace and bad things will happen. All I 'll say is that this is not a team PAO should be afraid of. Not a quality side this PAOK.

PS: The charismatic (Salonikios, of course) commentator they 've got at Sport-fm summarised the first half saying that it was absolutely balanced and that no side managed to take the upper hand. Then he went on to count 4 chances for PAO (one of the hit the post) and, well, a header that ended up well wide for PAOK. You gotta love these guys.

HT 0-0

not bad. PAOK looks very disorganized. With Ivic neutralized by Simao they can't move the ball forward unless Vierinia moves the ball down the wing and even then our CB have done well to come in support and stop him.

Our CBs are doing well in this scrappy game, Simao seems to be preoccupied with Ivic exclusively, Karagounis is influential in midfield and Katsouranis had some good moments but he could be more active. Salpi has not done much and Leto looks spirited but clearly playing so far in the middle and deep is not conducive to his skill. He clearly relishes hugging that left line. Cisse is his usual self moving around and preoccupying the two CBs who clearly look nervous at times.

Besides that freekick to the post and Vintra's shot we haven't had any serious chances. PAOK can't find their way in or near our box unless it's from freekicks and corners. They had a couple clean shots from set pieces but they botched them so badly, they were not even chances.

We just need to keep this up and we'll probably score sooner or later. I keep in mind that a draw here would not be such a bad result. A win would be golden and a loss would be horrible at this junction, so playing a careful and smart game is not a bad idea.

I would not change a thing for the second half. Maybe Ninis for Salpi in 20 minutes if Salpi does not pick it up but he does help a lot with the defense so I don't know. I'd trust Nioblias.

Ninis should come in. I could sub Leto or Salpi. The latter hasn't been in the game so far.

But, Cyber you're right, after gavroi dropping 2 points in Crete, it makes sense for us to make sure we don't lose this game. We can afford to tie. PAOK should take more chances if they want to win.

I think the key will be the endurance. Why didn't they play Roma on Wed.? PAOK will tire too.

Kara's shot was oh-so-close to getting us what we want.

I think we'll bang in 2 :D

Regarding the lobs from defense, teams use them for two reasons. First if they can't move the ball out of defense (or don't want to risk it) either because they don't trust their own midfield game, or if they know the other team can't move the ball forward easily (get the ball behind their midfield and they'll have a heck of a time moving it 40-50 meters(.

I think with us it's the latter. It works to out advantage with Cicce/Leto/Salpi up front and with Katsrourani/Simao defending in the midfileld.

It's not always a bad thing if we can mix it up with lobs and organized ball movement when appropriate.

I would not change a thing for the second half. Maybe Ninis for Salpi in 20 minutes if Salpi does not pick it up but he does help a lot with the defense so I don't know. I'd trust Nioblias.

Yeah, I don't know about Ninis, against Roma he was tactically horrendous.

PS: Am I hearing voices or someone can be heard through the mics repeating 'tha milas omorfa edw mesa, den einai OAKA - tha exoume problimata an den milas omorfa'! Hillarious!

Archived