Phantis Forums

Ukraine-Greece

Guest geok

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MANGAS 21 HERE:

WELL I AM HERE TO MAKE GOOD ON MY PROMISE - I DOUBTED THIS TEAM BEOFRE THE DERBY BEGAN AND SAID I WOULD BE HAPPY TO EAT MY WORDS IF THE PULLED IT OUT.

WELL, OREGANO NAD SOME LADOLEMONO FOR ME TO MAEK TEH WORDS TASTE BETTER......THIS EXPLAINS WHY I AM NOT A MILLIONAIRE BY BETTING SPORTS.....

GUTTY WIN, BUT THIS AINT BRAZIL SO ITS NOT A SHOCK TO ESPECIALLY AFTER THE 0-0 IN GREECE....I FELT MUCH BETTER ABOUT THIS GAME ONLY BECAUSE 0-0 IN ATHENS TURNED IT INTO PRECISELY THE TYPE OF GAME WE ARE GOOD AT....

SO IS OTTO A GENIUS NOW?

I AM ONLINE BOOKING SOUTH AFRICA RIGHT NOW.....

The haters are groaning....

Depsite scoring ass tons of goals in the qualifying, theyre so angry that Greece plays defense....LOL.

Yeah, I guess it makes more sense when your 0-1 up with a lead to hold and 2 injured players to go all out attack :LOL:

In the USA there is a great saying:

Don't hate the player, hate the GAME.

Greeks return to world stage

Greece reached the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ on Wednesday with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Ukraine in the return leg of their European Zone play-off. Panathinaikos striker Dimitris Salpingidis netted the only goal of the match sending Greece, the 2004 European champions, into their second FIFA World Cup finals after a 16-year absence.

Source and full article on fifa.com.

That was for you pappou! I know you're up in heaven high-fiving God! :gr:  :gr:

mate that was beautiful
Thanks, my pappou was born and raised in Agiorgitika, a suburb of Tripoli. He may have left Greece in 1951, but he never forgot where he came from, and made sure my brother and I loved Greece like he did. Watching the Euro 2004 triumph with him was one of my greatest memories I'll ever have. 3 months ago, a stroke took my 82 year old pappou away from my dad, my yiayia, and our family, but if he were here, I know would be ecstatic.

wow! I just came back from work expecting nothing and I see amazing news!

Holly cow! Greeks have a flare for the dramatic. In a group that we should have put away long ago we managed to make it exciting. Even this way, I am pumped to see the aqua in South Africa next summer. I don't expect another miracle but I hope we make all the doubters and bad-mouthers open mouth and insert foot.

Bravo Ellada. Such a tiny country with such a huge heart!

Slovenia beat Russia 1-0 and qualified. No sympathy for Russia. They beat Greece in Euro 2004, nearly knocking them out, and Euro 2008, where they officially eliminated Greece

From contra.gr

Fifa.com: "

It seems we need to be written off before we can perform our miracles! :)

Beautiful finish by Salpi, beautiful performance by Samaras (why was he subbed???), unexpectedly good performance by Tzorvas! :tup:

What's the word? Johannesburg!!! (and Cape Town and Durban and anywhere else they place us!) :gr:

OOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ELLAS OLE OLE!!!! ELLAS OLE OLE DEN STAMATO NA TRAGOUTHO POTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :box: :box: :box: REVENGE IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Congratulaitons to the boys on a spirited performance, like i said Greece always has that one suprise game in sucessful qualifying capmaigns and ps--- russia is out!

Looks like my predictions came true :P

anyway aside from that congrats to the boys!

ELLAS GIA PANTA!

Archived