Phantis Forums

New owners for AEK?

AEKPROTATHLIMA

Why did this Kothonis wait so long to show proof of his assets? :huh:

Like Mouse said, caution is the word. I remember all-too-well someone else who promised a lot - and brought Nasos Galakteros to us - and then made off like a bandit leaving behind nothing but traces of his cigar smoke :tdown:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have said it before and I will say it again. These guys are not doing things for the best of AEK. They have egos and would rather AEK flounder around with bandaids than give her away and prosper.

I know people have questions regarding Kozonis, but I think being a businessman THAT ACTUALLY IS INTERESTED AND WANTS TO SUCCEED (instead of being just and investor) is something that we need for our team. ALL the shareholders are just investors.

Kintis is next in line for the presidency. He also was quoted the other day that it is EASY to win the championship in Greece! :whistle: What a clown this guys is...

First decision for him is to fire Bajevic (he does not like him at all). I wonder if he will pay him his back salary (he has not been paid since last March)???

The team was playing well last year in the cup final and thru the playoffs. When we came back, we played well against Olympiakos but were unlucky. Then for the rest of the first half of the season, we find that most of the players were not getting paid (Arajuo was borrowing money from other players). No WONDER they were playing like ass....

Kintis says that if we inject 10 million into AEK, sign a world class coach, a technical advisor and a couple of signings we can win the championship next year. How will we lure world class anything to our team when no one gets paid, we train in fields, we have no home and have a HUGE debt that hinders all of our financial decisions????

Here we go again. Another Frankenstein experiment with our beloved AEK.

Kintis, you are a clown!!!

Yes we did. He quit once Bajevic was appointed as coach. He personally hates the guy and has stated it many times in many interviews.

I just dont want him "bandaiding" AEK with Kostenoglou. Dont get me wrong, I like Kostenoglou, but he has alot to learn before he takes the the wheel at AEK (yes I know he coached them for 6 games or so) but he did not do too much at Asteras Tripoli when he was there and I think he lasted the whole year....

Good point.

Fact is that with the situation going on now (the players not being paid) and the fact that our roster is not all that impressive and it will probably not get better until the end of the season, I don't think any coach will be able to make any serious difference.

Genome, I have been saying it since the summer... we have a mediocre team that belongs in the middle of the table. The hurts like hell to say but I have had no delusions of grandeur... our team is mediocre and will not get any better without some major cleaning.

We need someone to come in with the money to perform a major overhaul. You cannot have a great team and then remove all of the veteran leaders and expect the team to continue without a significant amount of time....

You're right, although the not being payed part definitely had its effect on the players. But I dream of getting that 2007-2008 squad back...

And again, you were right, I thought you were pessimistic at the start of the season but it looks like we're headed for just that (mid table). I think we may squeeze out a painful European spot in the end though.

I'm sick of the patchwork solutions to be honest. Ok, we don't know what or who Kozonis is exactly but can it really be much worse than what we have? The guy is offering to help us in our hour of need ...

Kintis says that if we inject 10 million into AEK, sign a world class coach, a technical advisor and a couple of signings we can win the championship next year. How will we lure world class anything to our team when no one gets paid, we train in fields, we have no home and have a HUGE debt that hinders all of our financial decisions????

Additionally, Sportdog is reporting that Morgan Stanley (who we have our loans with) are "hot" over our payments....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived