Phantis Forums

george21

I for one am very happy with our play overall and especially midfield and up. We played attacking football and had MANY chances to tie or win that game. We outplay OLY most of the night. I believe that this is a prelude of things to come, unfotunately I think we will have straight losses with PAO and Benfica due to sheer exaustion. Our bench is not that deep to handle this many games in so little time.

I was very happy with our attacking style except for Blanco. Due to our increased attacking pace, Blanco's performances have digressed considerably. He is not the type of player that works in this type of system. Unfortunately for him, this is the best style of football I have seen AEK play in a long time. I think AEK need to sign him and then possibly sell him in Jan (I know people are goign to think I am crazy for that one). His first touch is very poor and is not s "slashing" striker so it is difficult for him to participate in this quicker style of play.

Bajevic was correct. We need a tall forward and we dont have one. It was CLEARLY evident today. No one could control the air.

Still in the end, when Kyriakos left to sit on the bench at Liverpool, our defense got much worse. Majstorevic and Juanfran are plain bad (tho Majst did have some solid play today). Dusan asked for the south african player and we got Ariujo. Dusan asked for Moras and Tavliridis and we get Arce and Yiajic. Cant build a strong defense with second hand players.... This will not improve much until possibly Jan...

I STILL say we will end up in the middle of the table - tho I think our style of play will improve... but you cant win games when you have second class players!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you guys tired?!! :rolleyes: We're fresh & wating for you. :D

I wanted to open a new thread about Sunday's game, but I don't want to have the first post saying that after you play us, you will have to re-evaluate your targets for the season... :whistle:

I'm hoping for a good game. :tup:

Archived