Phantis Forums

Disturbing Trends

thrylos

This is getting stupid. I think I like the old ways were you could only have 5 non national ethnic players on your team. At least all 5 of those players were "better" than most of the other players.

Looking at Olympiakos's lineup is sad.

Pao is a bit better but still.

AEK has gotten worse.

PAOK is the same.

Asteras had a foreign lineup last year.

Larissa has a good mix, or at least had.

Panionios has gotten pretty bad.

2 years ago Aris had no Greek players in the startin 11 )they had the goalie that is it)

All the good young Greek players sit on the bench and rot.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a state team in the Greek first division. A team compromised of Greek Players. Kind of like the Soviet Red Army team.

You would have players playing there, getting experience and then the state would sell these players to big clubs. The money would be used to develop more young players.

You can base this team in Patra seeing as it is a large city with poor professioanl soccer (at the moment).

This would help keep the ethniki going strong.

Thoughts?

Doesn't sound bad but how would this work what with all the human rights and anti-racism and anti-discrimination laws? It's obvious a national team has only players from that country playing there, but for clubs I don't know how this could be put into practice. Like the idea though as it would help our domestic players a lot, whereas now a lot of foreigners are bought that are not always better (sometimes even worse) than the Greeks we have on our benches...

Archived