• Still favoured to do so
    • It's 50-50
    • There's a chance
    • Sparta Prague will go through
    • No comment!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling rather confident BUT I just cannot understand what's going on with vyntra.. Is he ten cate's lover or something? According to sport-fm.gr and sport.gr he's likely once again to be in the starting 11. Why?

I sympathize him i do. He's one of those guys how gives his best and does what he can. But in this case it just isn't enough for me. I think that he lacks the vision of space around him (foolish passes) and just isn't a leader of the back line (say like henriksen or goumas some what were).

Bjärsmyr played well in one of those friendlies as CB. With sparta his tackle was awful in the third goal sure, but nevertheless I'd like to see him as CB - just can't be worse than loukas.. Or can he?

I'm feeling rather confident BUT I just cannot understand what's going on with vyntra.. Is he ten cate's lover or something? According to sport-fm.gr and sport.gr he's likely once again to be in the starting 11. Why?

I sympathize him i do. He's one of those guys how gives his best and does what he can. But in this case it just isn't enough for me. I think that he lacks the vision of space around him (foolish passes) and just isn't a leader of the back line (say like henriksen or goumas some what were).

Bjärsmyr played well in one of those friendlies as CB. With sparta his tackle was awful in the third goal sure, but nevertheless I'd like to see him as CB - just can't be worse than loukas.. Or can he?

I figured you knew, but who knows. Personally on forums sometimes write the time it will be on according to them, and since we all know our own time diff. from Greece, it makes sense to simply always use Greek time when saying a time.

Looked it up, game is at 21:45 GR on Tuesday. So, 14:45 NY time. ;)

Repka is a huge loss to them. Let's not forget that he won everything in the air against Cisse and it was him that cleared off the line when Cisse went around the keeper. He's their leader and their defence will be significantly weaker without him.

It's certainly possible that we can turn this around and this may sound weird but if we do go out I'll be shocked. After all 2 goals isn't much bearing in mind that even if we take the lead on 80mins, we'll have 10 mins to throw everything at them in a very hostile atmosphere. In a scenario like that they'll be panicking in the closing stages and they'll be under alot of pressure. Also, we'd have 3 central defenders which makes the world of difference, especially against a team that's likely to line up with a 4-5-1 formation.

However what makes me nervous is the fact that Gilberto will start ahead of Simao. In a situation like this there's no doubt that we'll be playing a high defensive line in a bid to close them in their own half. They'll be looking to hit us on the counter, so we need "athletes" to counter that threat. Gilberto is a good and experienced player and useful when we're playing against stronger opposition and we want a compact midfield. But tomorrow's team will need to play expansive football while remaining solid and Gilberto's lack of pace could be exposed on the counter. Remember what happened to our midfield of Basinas-Katsouranis-Karagounis when Greece played Turkey at home? They were completely overrun on the counter because of their lack of pace, and a central midfield of Gilberto-Katsouranis-Karagounis is comprised of the same dynamics. So I'm worried that this will happen again.

How could you be shocked.

We have idiot defenders, who have incredibly poor ability for this level, are disorganized, and Sparta is quick on the counterattack, and likley more mentally ready for the game. They know what HTC is going to do tommorow, and their defense is honestly much stronger than ours.

At 3-1, with that horrible team/performance, it shouldnt shock anybody to be eliminated.

We are acting as if PAO will step on the field and never even lose possesion. I would not put it past Sparta to open the lead tommorow. All it takes a simple act of carelessness on a disorganized talentless back line that regularly conceded goals in OAKA last year.

Anyone who has done a bit of pre-season training knows that you slow down considerably while in heavy training. My theory why we looked so bad is that the players were not fully "loosened" (it takes some time, and for some players it takes longer) after the heavy running and lifting. From what I've read, PAO did almost exclusive conditioning training before the first game, in preparation for a long season of 50+ games. Needless to say, I think it's the right thing to do regardless if it costs us qualification. Sparta looked faster because of this. I believe we'll look a different team tonight and we will win.

@Euro: I read today that Repka will travel to Athens late and is a game-time decision whether or not he plays. Repka or not, Cisse needs to score a couple.

I am off to the beach to think about the game some more B)

just got bak to a stinkin hot athens from the islands today in time for the game

my sister picked up tickets for the game

ill be there in force to help us progress however i have a feeling it wont be a pleasant evening for us....no matter the result at least it will be an experience LOL

:tup:

Archived