Phantis Forums

Sk Slovan Bratislava v Olympiakos Pireus

evalagoal

Slovan hits the dokari 43'

HT Oly 2-0

Oly's attacking all down the wings, Zairi, Leonardo, Mitroglou lots of fluid pace and looking good :tup:

I just hope the Slavs don't sneak one in on us as they nearly did close to halftime. Nevertheless, I don't see this team standing a chance in Karaiskaki.

Zairi was excellent today. If he keeps his game simple like he did today he'll be fantastic. Ledesma was also superb in the middle of the park. Mitroglou's finishing was poor but everything else he did was great. Galletti was a huge disappointment when he came on, he didn't place an accurate pass the whole game. Overall Olympiakos were very impressive though, but it must be said that Slovan are poor. There were a few things that might have been a problem against stronger opposition. Mellberg was excellent defensively but his ball distribution was poor, while Avraam's positioning was poor. Bravo and Leonardo were excellent down the left though. I just think the team needs to tighten up at the back (and replace Nikopolidis with Pardo)

Positive result away from home with a somewhat "experimental" side from Ketsbaia.

Good to see o mikroulakis o Giannakis Papadopoulos playing 2/3 of the match. This pitsiriki is only 17 years old? Does he even have hair on his @@ yet??! B)

Anyway my curiousity aside, let's hope they get on with it next week and finish Slovan off and hopefully reverse the slide of Greek football in Europe.

I realise this is the thrylos forum but I seriously hope that the vazeloi get up to win against Sparta next week and PAOK beat The Norge Velerenga tonight.

Fancy A half-baked Larissa couldn't beat an Icelandic team?!?!?! This nonsense needs to end.

Strong Greek teams mean stronger Greek league and players. :box:

Positive result away from home with a somewhat "experimental" side from Ketsbaia.

Good to see o mikroulakis o Giannakis Papadopoulos playing 2/3 of the match. This pitsiriki is only 17 years old? Does he even have hair on his @@ yet??! B)

Although I wouldn't know the answer to this, he's actually 20 years old.

Good game and a great result in a "tricky"game(see Pao the day before).Olympiakos for a team at the start of the season looked serious and was able to get what we needed from the game.0 in defence and scored twice.Ledesma makes all the difference in the world but i hope they have some resting time in his schedule because the guy can not play full 2 seasons with no rest.

Good to see o mikroulakis o Giannakis Papadopoulos playing 2/3 of the match. This pitsiriki is only 17 years old? Does he even have hair on his @@ yet??!  B)

Although I wouldn't know the answer to this, he's actually 20 years old.
You are correct, sir.

I got confused between Yianni and Kyriako. Kyriako is the wonder kid.

Anyway 3 Papadopoulos' on he squad. It can get confusing.

Archived