Phantis Forums

Antenna and Super League Soccer

Antenna is cutting 6.5 million from there 2009 budget.

Antenna backed out from biding for the rights to super league soccer games for North America and Australia market.

Time to get Directv.

DKSat

Wow, that is surprising- I thought the soccer was popular and was bringing in subscriptions for them?! So I guess this means no Super League for the diaspora next season except for Olympiakos & Xanthi matches which will be on ERT. Antenna Still has the rights to the Greek Cup for the upcoming season, I wonder if they plan on airing matches or will they sell off the rights?!

Antenna backed out from biding for the rights to super league soccer games for North America and Australia market.

The International rights for the Super League have been awarded to some marketing firm in Greece (TAF Sports). No word on what they are going to do with them, aside from the Greek channels who would be interested in Greek soccer?!

TAF announces the acquisition of the exclusive international TV rights (excluding the territories of Greece and Cyprus) of the OPAP championship SUPERLEAGUE GREECE for the seasons 2009-2010, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012.

TAF Sports

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any news about Super League coverage for this year, the season is scheduled to start in a few weeks. Any official info anywhere about ANT1 not carrying soccer this season, so far its just hearsay IMO. If they don't, does that mean no coverage at all except for whatever ERT World shows??

Time to get Directv.

DKSat, could you give us some more information for pete sakes, what's with the cryptic posts?? What does the above comment mean, is DirecTV going to be airing Greek soccer or are you referring to one of the Greek channels on DirecTV?! I could see Alter Globe airing soccer since the distribution rights are owned by some telecommunications company in Greece (Ilyda), so they have money to spend and also there is lots of room in their schedule especially on the weekends since they have nothing to air and just show old programming from years ago. If they add soccer to the schedule that will be a huge boost for Alter Globe, subscription wise.

HellasHab,

I write cryptic posts no way man i just report the news fair and balance and accurate.

DKSat

Oh really,

So 'Time to get DirecTV' is not cryptic, what does that mean you have yet to explain it?? You post a news bite without any sources to back it up then never post any follow up?!

Personally I am still skeptical about this info regarding ANT1 but we will know for sure in a few short weeks if they will or won't be showing soccer this season.

Archived