Phantis Forums

Serres v. PAO

athinaios

Who knows which PAO will show up, but we're tied with PAOK (same points) though we have the advantage... unless we fall behind in points in the last 2 games.

Did anyone mention the cup game??? :angry:

It's not an easy game in Serres, but we should score a few goals nonetheless. Serres are relegated and will be playing with with one eye to the Greek islands.

Lots of players are injured and stayed in Athens: Karagounis, Gabriel, Mattos, Mantzios. Vintra is out with cards (and injured) and Goumas is in the doghouse.

It will be interesting to see if Nilsson will start at RB or if Moon-Melissis would be trusted instead. Our CBs will probably be Sariegi-Wawrzyniak and both Simao/Gilberto will be present. As for the AMs, it depends who will play CF. I would be very surprised if Ivan-Cleyton don't start, but I can see Ninis sitting on the bench in favor of Christodoulopoulos.

I say 0-3

The game started:

------------------Galinovic------------------

Nilsson----Sariegi-----Wawrzyniak---Spyropoulos

------------Simao-------Gilberto----------------

Ninis-------------Cleyton-----------Ivanschitz

-------------------Salpigidis----------------------

The pitch looks very slow (tall grass) and bumpy.

Guys, I 'm trying to do some work, since tomorrow I 'm flying to Greece (you don't care, I know, but I 'm getting somewhere with this, you 'll see), so if you could please give the forum a general picture of the game every now and then I would be most grateful. Many thanks.

well were playing bad.

Salpiggidis 1 on 1.....passes the keeper but gets the ball cleared. He should have chipped the keeper or taken a better touch...he also hit the post from very close.

I cant beleive were going to drop Mantzios and keep Salpiggidis.

Nilsson cant leave soon enough, Gilberto plain sucks today.

bc we had a chance to jump all alone into 2nd place with what should be a easy 3 points and we cant even beat serres...

forget it guys, unless we miraculously up our game in the playoff(like we did last year) kiss the champions league goodbye...we choke when we need it the most...

because we ARE playing like s%$#!.

0-0 Final....

Weve made a few good chance today and no concentration no goal we should be making a lot more chances and beat these guys. But the players were crap, throwing away passes, no doubt it was a poor performance. If making a few good chances vs Serres means a good performance, than maybe we should play in the 2nd division.

Ratings

Galinovic 7

Spyropoulos 6

Jakub 6

Sareigui 6

Nilsson 4

Ninis 5

Clayton 5

Simao 6

Gilberto 4

Salpiggidis 5

Ivanschitz 6

Petropoulos 5

Rukavina 4

Lazaros 5

I think Drakos is generous with his ratings. But I agree. We played like crap. A few spurts of combination plays here and there does not change the fact that we were not good enough to push and take what we needed. I will blame our AMs and our forwards. All of them.

How in the world are we going to win if we miss the open net from six yards. I am tired of watching our forwards not being able to gain a step to shot from the players called Voskopoulos or Savopoulos. What gives? Are the Serres CBs that good or are our forwards so bad? Time and again Salpi or Petropoulos or Cleyton or Ninis ore Ivanschitz found themselves in the box only to see the defender quicker to the ball.

We need three Strikers not just one. Up until today I thought keeping Petropoulos as a third CF but I want someone with more experience to get in there and give me a glimmer of hope that he can score. A bench CF that is on the bench only because of age and not because he is not as good as the others. Roukavina, Cleyton, Christodoulopoulos, Ninis, Petropoulos: would take years before they develop into something special (if ever), and I don't want to be waiting for players to develop. Panathinaikos has to stop being a team that "develops" players. If they can play today and help us win, great, if not get experience somewhere else and return when ready to be a champion.

Here are my ratings:

Galinovic 7

Nilsson 3

Spyropoulos 4

Sariegi 7

Jakub 7

Simao 6

Gilberto 2

Cleyton 1

Ivanschitz 5

Ninis 3

Salpigidis 5

Roukavina 0

Petropoulos 0

I can't stand the idea of watching PAOK's back.

See, this has been PAO's problem all these years. I'm old enough to remember a couple decades before the attrocious last one, and PAO was NEVER like this. Sure, we'd have our lows, but being so low for so long is not accidental in my opinion.

And, it's not that teams like Serres have improved so much as to deny us (a team with 10x bigger budget and international players) this game and throw us out of the cup! This isn't England or any other competitive league.

I don't see our players being motivated. When they are (exception), we see a different team that goes to Werder and Milan and wins. Other than that, it's a culture of malaise.

Archived