Phantis Forums

Asteras v. PAO

athinaios

the playoffs are seriously stupid.

Why on earth shouldnt the 1st place team participate in playoffs? I mean going to playoff rounds for seats 2-5 is idiotic.

Basically its a 2nd chance for over the 2nd CL spot.

Heres a question: What if Greece loses that CL spot? Are they going to still do the playoffs over who gets what UEFA Cup qualification? :LOL:

A playoffs should be over the TITLE, or no playoffs at all.

Or, at least, give the relegation teams a playoff as well. Its only fair for them to bring in some extra cash before they hit rock bottom, and lets face it the Superleague has nothing competitive about it. Its between OSFP and PAO with OSFP having a massive advantage in refereeing and backing from EPO. I mean at least stir in some competition for the small teams.

It looks more like a 3-6-1 or 3-4-3

----------------------Galinovic-----------------

---------Sariegi-----Goumas----Wawrzyniak---

Nilsson--------Simao------Gilberto----Spyropoulos

-----------Gabriel-----------Christodoulopoulos---

-----------------------Salpigidis----------

Nilsson kicked the ball out in the center so Zairi could get medical attention. Asteras took the ball and instead of giving the ball back for the "fair play" they kicked it out near our corner and then came down to press in the throw in. Ten Cate jumped up and told his players not to kick the ball out any more in "fair play" situations.

Jakub was booked for axing Zairi at the beginning of this play.

the playoffs are seriously stupid.

Why on earth shouldnt the 1st place team participate in playoffs?  I mean going to playoff rounds for seats 2-5 is idiotic.

Basically its a 2nd chance for over the 2nd CL spot.

Heres a question: What if Greece loses that CL spot? Are they going to still do the playoffs over who gets what UEFA Cup qualification? :LOL:

A playoffs should be over the TITLE, or no playoffs at all.

Or, at least, give the relegation teams a playoff as well. Its only fair for them to bring in some extra cash before they hit rock bottom, and lets face it the Superleague has nothing competitive about it. Its between OSFP and PAO with OSFP having a massive advantage in refereeing and backing from EPO.  I mean at least stir in some competition for the small teams.

Agree 100% playoffs are stupid. It's an artificial way to inject some interest to the middle of the pack teams.

The kicker is that Larissa is, what? 15 points behind second place and they will enter playoffs with a good chance of competing for the CL spot.

They need to trim the league down to 12 teams. This way more teams will be closer to either the top or the bottom all year round.

I can't stand this season. I can't stand watching Asteras pushing us around :ph34r: the lineup was fine and produced some really nifty ball movement in the first half. But somehow we can't put the ball in the box more than once or twice per half. We scored, we had them where we wanted them, and then we conceded a mikey mouse goal. Sure Ten Cate is at fault. It is his fault for keep playing Spyropoulos. It's his fault for keep putting in Cleyton and Roukavina, and it's his fault for taking out Salpigidis in the last ten minutes. But it's not his fault that everyone fell asleep in the equalizer (he was screaming from the bench for someone to mark Kaounos), and it's not his fault that he has in three CBs and we still miss half the headers in our box. It's not his fault Cleyton kicked it in the birds from five meters out in the end. It's not his fault that that Gabriel has one stellar half and then looks like an idiot for another half.

This season sucks big time. I'll remember the few CL games we looked good and won, but the rest is one big mess. I can't believe we have to endure more with this ridiculous playoff contraption.

Galinovic 9, Nilsson 8, Spyropoulos 2, Sariegi 4, Goumas 2, Wawrzyniak 5, Simao 8, Gilberto 5 (2 for the game and 3 for the assist), Gabriel 3 (7 for the first half and -4 for the second), Christodoulopoulos 5, Salpigidis 7, Cleyton ZERO, Roukavina ZERO, third sub minus zero. Ten Cate -10, Antoniou -20, Vgenopoulos -2million for spending money on Cleyton and then complaining why he doesn't see him enough, Pateras - 10million for flaunting his yacht. Tziger - ... aaaa, I am tired of this crap.

Archived