Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Saint Etienne

Crazy

How can a team call themselves legends...legends are created by doing something that the whole world says wow.

At the moment Olympiakos you are only "world famous" in Greece. There needs to be an investigation and the whole league needs to be cleaned up.

Couldn't have summed it up better. As much as I want OSFP or any other Greek team to do well in Europe, there really needs to be a change. The way our (AEK's) championship was stolen from us last year still tastes sour ... say what you want, and it's not just AEK that has suffered, obviously. It's the whole league, INCLUDING OSFP itsself (not financially for OSFP, of course, but performance-wise).

For the benefit of our European image, and with our I mean the Greek teams, we need a clean, non-corrupt league!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game late last nght, as it is now getting into tax season and work is gettin a tad bit strenuous.

I dont see what was as different from this game then the game with aris 4 days ago.

Oly didnt create that much.. their two best chances were from set pieces. They tried finding Diogo and Belluschi with yiomes and were not the oly we have seen in maybe 5 games this season.

Only difference being against Aris, Oly scored two offside goals but in UEFA the obvious offside goal was called back.

There were many games this season where oly played just as bad or worse than PAO did against Iraklis but won the game on either an early goal or a favorable call.

Sure oly has a very good team, but like i have said all along, the championship is tainted with bad officiating and even the most die hard oly fans know this. Thrasivoulos, Pao, Aris and Xanthi were all games oly shouldnt have gotten 3 points from.... we are talkin about -8.... the championship is very different

Say what you want, but oly isnt that good... they rely on two players and if those two, ( Galetti, Leto ) dont pull through, they are dead in the water..

For all the money they spent on him, Diogo has 5 goals this season.

Belluschi left leg was worth 8 million to oly and sometimes, (most of the times) it looks like he is only playing with one leg....

Im saddened by their euro loss cuz i was sure with at least one win by oly and one by pao, we would of moved up in the coefficient rankings... now its all on pao.. AGAIN.

Later skaters

For a team that has one 11/12 Greek championships you would think it would be a big player in Europe. Instead it has become year after year an embarassment. I bet and won that St Etienne would destroy Olympiakos today and they did.

For one thing I am very glad I do not support them as it is clear there is something very wrong in Greek football.

The game versus Aris...I am sorry but the penalty that the referee gave is the biggest joke and everyone that has seen this has said the same.

Therefore it is clear that Greek football is corrupt, referees are taking back handers, Kokkalis is influencing referees and I would even go as far as saying that the EPO are also corrupt.

How can a team call themselves legends...legends are created by doing something that the whole world says wow.

At the moment Olympiakos you are only "world famous" in Greece. There needs to be an investigation and the whole league needs to be cleaned up.

Neutral referees from other nations need to be bought in because as far as I can see they are all incompetent or are being given a back handed payment.

The Greek game is dirty and corrupt and like Italy Calcio-opoli exists in Greece and needs to be cleaned up.

I will try to answer on some of your statements:

1)What about last year CL??We made it to the 16 or that does not count as european games??This year Herta & Benfica games were a disaster also???

2)In 2 weeks we will see if the refs are giving us the championship or not,Osfp-Pao game is coming so i would like to wait for that one before we go into analyzing anything about this years championship.

3)Legends aka Thrylos started to be used as a name for Olympiakos after a game against Pele's Santos that took place while they were touring europe and with the superstar playing.PAO & AEK also faced the same team but only Olympiakos was able to beat them.

4)I totally agree about the refs and maybe bring from another country that should not be controlled from any greek authority,EPO,EPAE or SL or any greek person whatsoever.

5)Investigation in Greece about what?Who will do it and what kind of results do you expect???and when do you expect them??and they call me Crazy..

It was a bad night for us gavrous.No doubt about it but since i am not the type of person to go hysteric after my teams big wins i prefer not to go nuts after a bad loss either.1-3 is a bad result,especially given the opponent that we were playing,our players underestimated the french,Valverde did not react to the needs of the game,the press and Olympiakos management all day yesterday they were saying how easy this would be.ALL wrong but heck,we have more games coming for the greek championship and cup and lets not forget that there is another game against Saint Etienne next week so we will see if really Olympiakos is that bad and Saint Etienne that good.

Forgot to mention,Olympiakos really needs Galletti and Leto on the sides since with out them we are really a different team.Not an excuse,just an observation.

Oly is a very good team.. but they are also highly overated...

They have a pshed difference this season and nothing can ever change my, or many peoples minds.. just like last year was a paper championship....

unless they score 3 goals in france and go to the next round, id say this year is a big loss for oly..

eliminated in the champions league by Anorthosis.

round of 32 against St Etienne...

all they could look at and enjoy is the fact that they 14 points ahead in a league where obvious corruption, or if not corruption, definately favoritism...

And if u cant see that with the obvious non deserving wins that oly has this season.. then thats fine....

the championship is WAY closer than +14 and no game in karaiskaki can make me change any opinions on the truth...

Oly is a very good team.. but they are also highly overated...

They have a pshed difference this season and nothing can ever change my, or many peoples minds.. just like last year was a paper championship....

unless they score 3 goals in france and go to the next round, id say this year is a big loss for oly..

eliminated in the champions league by Anorthosis.

round of 32 against St Etienne...

all they could look at and enjoy is the fact that they 14 points ahead in a league where obvious corruption, or if not corruption, definately favoritism...

And if u cant see that with the obvious non deserving wins that oly has this season.. then thats fine....

the championship is WAY closer than +14 and no game in karaiskaki can make me change any opinions on the truth...

It wont change my mind either but at least in the derbies you can tell more of what is what and who is who.

You see i disagree with you from the get-go of your post.Olympiakos is NOT a very good team.Olympiakos has some really good/great players that make a difference but team,not even close.

Olympiakos the way i see it is still in a transition between what used to be a good/solid team to what is going to be in the future.Galletti if he stays,Diogo,Dudu,Papadopoulos,Leto if he stays,Belluschi when he is not irritated,Torosidis are all good players.Mesh them together and bring some more key additions and yes,we might be talking about a good TEAM.

I would love to talk about the corruption in the greek league but this was europe and UEFA and i think you already know where i stand,i agree the system does not work,i agree there are mistakes almost in every game for every single team in the SL and yes i agree that there should be someone that should have the power to fix this ref stupidity problem and actually make them profesionals and off there amateur state that they are still in but to believe that Kokkalis can actually controll all of the system and people like Vardinogianides,Vgenopoulos,Paters,Panopoulos and the rest can do nothing about it,or sit and enjoy it,that is kind of hard to believe.

Re Crazy, if that was the case, then pao is the best team the last 3 years... Oly hasnt beaten pao in the superleague in 3 seasons.... last year 2 draws and the year before 2 wins for pao....... plus so far this season... Last season we were unbeaten in 4 games against aek and the year previous we lost our only derby to AEK..

Derbies mean nothing... Every year Arsenal beats Man u.. yet Man u 9 times out of 10 wins the championship..

The truth is, in some cases, when oly deserved to lose they got a call.. Simple as that

I edited the quick speed typos that you had,i did not take out or added any words.Just so we are clear.

Re Crazy, if that was the case, then pao is the best team th elast 3 years... Oly hasnt beaten pao in the superleague in 3 seasons.... last year 2 draws and the year before 2 wins for pao....... plus so far this season... Last season we were unbeaten in 4 games against aek and the year previous we lost our only derby to AEK..

Derbies mean nothing... Every year Arsenal beats Man u.. yet man u, 9 times out of 10 wins the championship..

The truth is, in some cases, when oly deserved to lose they got a call.. Simple as that

Are you forgetting the 4-0 for the cup last year/or 2 years ago..... :rolleyes:

I said derbies,i did not say SL or Cup or Europe...... :D

The day that me and you agree is a little more far than i thought but it is getting closer. :D

Olympiakos the way i see it is still in a transition between what used to be a good/solid team to what is going to be in the future.Galletti if he stays,Diogo,Dudu,Papadopoulos,Leto if he stays,Belluschi when he is not irritated,Torosidis are all good players.Mesh them together and bring some more key additions and yes,we might be talking about a good TEAM.

Although I strongly disagree that Papadopoulos is a good player I agree with the general gist of what you are saying. Oly has a good foundation and with the right moves Olympiakos have a very good team. BUT couldn't this also be said about Lemonis' team? If last years team added Leto and Diogo plus a centre back what sort of position would the team be in now? ;) The point is, every time Oly gets a good foundation: Bajevic in 04/05, Lemonis 07/08, etc, it is totally uprooted.

Re Crazy,  if that was the case, then pao is the best team th elast 3 years... Oly hasnt beaten pao in the superleague in 3 seasons.... last year 2 draws and the year before 2 wins for pao....... plus so far this season... Last season we were unbeaten in 4 games against aek and the year previous we lost our only derby to AEK..

Derbies mean nothing... Every year Arsenal beats Man u.. yet man u, 9 times out of 10 wins the championship..

Are you forgetting the 4-0 for the cup last year/or 2 years ago..... :rolleyes:

I said derbies,i did not say SL or Cup or Europe...... :D

The day that me and you agree is a little more far than i thought but it is getting closer. :D

thats one win in 6 matches.. pao has 2.. does that mean pao r the better team?

Its not the end of the world guys :whistle:

We have fallen in a whole since the Hertha Berlin 4-0 win and are struggling big time BUT obviously depending on Galletti , Diogo and Dudu to get us out of s#@t every week hasnt worked because these guys are burt out :tdown:

It is obvious that our roster was short on one striker (like Kovacevic to partner Diogo) a defensive midfielder like Ladesma and a centre back to replace Antzas who is washed up.

Since kokkalhs and the committee didn't act accordinely we have reached the point were our squad cannot compete as they did 4 months ago because the 11-12 players that keep playing week in week out are worn out.

Can somebody tell me were did Valdere find OSCAR???? :LOL: :LOL:

Did he come from the same trainning camp as Dani from 2 years ago?? :P

The above is not making any excuses BUT the facts about our beloved THRYLOS :1eye:

Only a win against the Bazelakia can cure our pain :P

Guys - since the 1959-60 season to today, Olympiakos is the only club that Panathinaikos is behind head-to-head.

The trend with Olympiakos is that it is not just since 1997 they have under performed in Europe it is every year.

Look at countries like Portugal, Holland where they have a big 3. Benfica, Porto, Ajax and PSV have all won the European Cup.

Greece have only ever had one finalist. Yes they have more resources, yes they have more raw talent but so does Greece.

It is just a mystery how a team like Olympiakos stutter and choke in Europe. Everyone had written off Panathinaikos after there first 2 in CL this year but they came back in the next 4 games to top the Group.

I believe the EPO needs to look at Greek football but if someone is getting back hander then nothing will be sorted

Archived