7 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result?

• Olympiakos win
    • Draw
    • Hertha win

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another frustrated German player ...

I soo love to see these guys lose ! ! ! Again a foul on Diogo ektos fasis ... didn't get a card!

Funny how this German wants the game to continue ... what are you going to do ... put in 5 goals in one minute??? :LOL: :LOL:

They were waiting for me to come home. I missed the whole first half, but from what I've seen in the second, a very well deserved win by Olympiakos with some brilliant plays by just about everyone. Even Pantos pulled an amazing dribble!

German teams are such good customers for Greek teams :rolleyes: too bad PAO can't draw Bayern tomorrow :LOL:

Congratulations on your qualification red friends :tup:

The game is over and we made the best out of our UEFA group by going to the next round.The points for Greece and the 2 big wins were the positives and we will learn tomorrow what our next opponent is going to be.Europa good night for now, see you in 2009.

Bravo paidia! You made us all proud again tonight :) I'm going to Verolino over X-mas. Mayby i should leave my Oly Cap at home for that trip? :D

i suggest leaving it in the bin with the rest of the rubbish! :P

Seriously though, I do beleive that OSFP did well in the group. Losing to GS was not really a surpise in Turkey, and Kharkiv is a very tricky team that got the best of everyone, and was already a suprise going into the group.

Also, 3rd place in this tournament is IMO much better than 2nd.

Heres OSFP possible draws:

St Entienne

Wolfsburg

Man City

Standard Liege

Udinese

Hamburg

CSKA

CSKA, Man City Hamburg and Udine ok there not dream draws

instead of what GS (2nd place could be against)

Bordeaux

Werder Bremen

Marseille

Shakhtar

Fiorentina

Zenit St. Petersburg (defending champion)

AaB

Dynamo Kiev

Aab is the only "small team" and they were quite fierce in the CL. Dynamo and Shaxtar are very talented and difficult sides. So overall, its not as good as winning the group, but certainly a good thing you ended up losing to Galatasaray afterall, as youd be 2nd in the pot with the Champions League teams.

Great result against Hetha. Very impressed with our home form.

It appears from what Drakos says that 3rd place is far more advantageous than finishing where Galatasaray is in 2nd.

Didn't see the match in full but Leto was awesome.

scoring 9 and conceding just 1 goal at home is an excellent record.

Away to Gala was a poor showing. I know the match was horrible. We let Gala dictate the match, so let's hope for a better showing in the next round when we're away.

Fantastic win! To use the old cliche, it was a game of 2 halves... 1st half we were terrible. But in the 2nd the team was pressing all over the pitch and causing constant problems with some good individual dribbles and passing.

The stats for this season so far are very interesting:

At home, in all competitions, Olympiakos have the record: Played 11, won 11, scored 31 conceded 4. That is amazing, by any club's standards.

However, away: Played 9, won 2, drawn 3, lost 4. Scored 5, conceded 10.

The discrepancy is huge and when one analyses this team it's obvious as to why. Both against Benfica and Hertha we gave away some big chances. Let's face it, Benfica could have scored 3 and Hertha could have had 2. Since we let go of Ledesma and Cesar the defence has weakened considerably. Antzas getting older and Stoltidis' injury has further contributed to the poor defense. Away from home Olympiakos doesn't have a sturdy enough backbone to be able to look a good-level opponent in the eyes and attack. That's why the team's been humiliated on the road against Galatasary, Anorthosis, and Metalist and failed to produce anything against PAO. Not only did Olympiakos cop goals against these teams, zero termata were scored. We were pinned back because we have a week defence and have no midfielders that can protect that defence so the whole team falls back in order to protect the goal (kind of like a boxer who is afraid to get hit, so instead of throwing some big punches he just focuses entirely on not getting hit by keeping his arms up and leaning on the ropes).

At home though in front of a phenomenal atmosphere Olympiakos can make territorial gains and that allows the attacking players (who are very, very good!) to go and express themselves. So it's clear that we need a stronger defence and central midfield to be able to adapt and implement our attacking game when we are playing away from home. What's worrying though is that I've only heard Nery's name being branded about as a possible signing this January. Hasn't anyone heard anything about any defensive acquisitions for this January?

Archived