Phantis Forums

2008 NFL Season

Crazy

Sad to see my vikings off to a terrible start zigi wolfe put alot of money on this club childress had gopd praises about tavaris i beleive he is a virus and not what will bring the vikes forward.

A team that was had high hopes with a solid defence and a prime time rb and has been said could of gone deep into the playoffs maybe title game

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WEEK 2 RESULTS

Sunday

Bears@Panthers 17-20

Titans@Bengals 24-7

Packers@Lions 48-25

Bills@Jaguars 20-16

Raiders@Chiefs 23-8

Colts@Vikings 18-15

Giants@Rams 41-13

Saints@Redskins 24-29

49ers@Seahawks 33-30

Falcons@Buccaneers 9-24

Dolphins@Cardinals 10-31

Chargers@Broncos 38-39

Patriots@Jets 19-10

Steelers@Browns 10-6

Monday

Eagles@Cowboys 37-41

WEEK 3

Sunday 21 Sep 2008

Chiefs@Falcons

Raiders@Bills

Buccanners@Bears

Panthers@Vikings

Dolphins@Patriots

Bengals@Giants

Texans@Titans

Cardinals@Redskins

Saints@Broncos

Lions@49ers

Rams@Seahawks

Browns@Ravens

Jaguars@Colts

Steelers@Eagles

Cowboys@Packers

Monday 22 Sep 2008

Jets@Chargers

How bout them eagles. ooopps HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS

Great game. Tough division, Eagles are the 2nd best team at 1-1.

So much for the upset ;)

The NFC East is undoubtedly the best division in football. It reminds me of the 80's when the NFC East had the best division in that decade. The BEASTS OF THE NFC EAST. A tough division.

WEEK 3 RESULTS

Sunday 21 Sep 2008

Chiefs@Falcons 14-38

Raiders@Bills 23-24

Buccanners@Bears 27-24

Panthers@Vikings 10-20

Dolphins@Patriots 38-13 :o :D :tup: :nw:

Bengals@Giants 23-26

Texans@Titans 12-31

Cardinals@Redskins 17-24

Saints@Broncos 32-34

Lions@49ers 13-31

Rams@Seahawks 13-37

Browns@Ravens 10-28

Jaguars@Colts 23-21

Steelers@Eagles 6-15

Cowboys@Packers 27-16

Monday 22 Sep 2008

Jets@Chargers 29-48

WEEK 4

Sunday 28 Sep

49ers@Saints

Texans@Jaguars

Browns@Bengals

Falcons@Panthers

Cardinals@Jets

Vikings@Titans

Broncos@Chiefs

Packers@Buccanners

Chargers@Raiders

Bills@Rams

Redskins@Cowboys

Eagles@Bears

Monday 29 Sep

Ravens@Steelers

Bye week:Lions,Colts,Dolphins,Patriots,Giants and Seahawks

Nice win for the Dolphins and Eagles that are loved on this site -- bravo sas

A nice win and a big suprise at least for me.Where did that offence and stability came from.10 points against the Cardinals a week ago,38 against the all mighty Patriots. :D :D :tup:

they need to run the Ronnie-Brown-option more often - thatwas like the wishbone from Oklahoma in the 80's I loved it

I did not see the start of the game but when i turned on the Tv i could not believe what i was watching.We (the Dolphins) were playing against one of the elite teams (the Patriots) away,and yes,Brady was not in the game but we looked so much better than them all over the place,offence-defence. I still have a hard time to believe it.I just hope that we dont have to wait 15-16 games to see a performance like that from our boys.

I did not see the start of the game but when i turned on the Tv i could not believe what i was watching.We (the Dolphins) were playing against one of the elite teams (the Patriots) away,and yes,Brady was not in the game but we looked so much better than them all over the place,offence-defence. I still have a hard time to believe it.I just hope that we dont have to wait 15-16 games to see a performance like that from our boys.

Crazy i was in the same boat!! I could not believe that we where winning the game. I had to take a second look to make sure i was looking at the score right!!! No matter what the result was awsome and i see us building on this win and maybe getting about 4 more wins this season!!!

Bears stop the Eagles on the goal line in the final minutes to hold on to a 24-20 victory. :tup:

Favre throws 6 TD passes! Wow, maybe I was wrong about the Jets being a bad choice for Favre.

On a College football note, #1 "unbeatable" USC losed to unranked Oregon State earlier this week. I love it when the top dogs get knocked down by unranked teams.

The "Boys lost yesterday and deserved it. Blame is shared between the coaches who simply had a terrible defensive game plan, Coach Marshmellow and again, Tony Romo.

Simply pathetic display of how a 'bend but not break' defense is a pansy way of playing in the NFL.

The Cowboys losing/Redskins winning and Eagles losing made things in the NFC East, the best division in football, more interesting. The Cowboys greatest offensive strength is its offensive line and running game, which are a notch above Romo and its receivers. Their defense has been suspect under Phillips whose speciality is supposed to be defense yet he doesnt really have the players on defense. Because the Cowboys are so good on offense, it supersedes their defense but that can only last so long and with the NFC East being so strong this season, it will be more difficult for the Cowboys to clinch first place in both the division and the conference. The Cowboys last 3 home losses, including the playoffs, have been to each of the 3 other NFC East teams. The Redskins showed what a good team they have and Campbell played very well. Some viewed the Giants opening home win against Washington as no big deal because they were perceived, as I had percieved, as a weak team. Now, that Giants win is seen as a good win against a good team and the BEASTS OF THE NFC EAST will rule football this year.

The Eagles had a surprising loss in Bears. Mcnabb did not look 100% and Westbrook wasnt playing but that doesnt explain why the Bears, with their inept offense, scored 21 points in the first half and the Eagles did not take advantage of the Bears' various turnovers in the second half. The Bears stopping the Eagles 4 downs on the goal line stand was the difference maker and the Eagles could have passed on those downs or, even though Westbrook wasnt playing, could have done a better job of running the ball in. But, credit the Bears defense for the stop.

Favre had an impressive performance against Arizona at home. But, Arizona has a bad defense, scored 35 points against a Jets defense that has allowed alot of points in the last 2 games and Favre has not played well against a formidable opponent. The Jets dont have a team from top to bottom to take Favre into the playoffs let alone the promised land.

WEEK 4 RESULTS

Sunday 28 Sep

49ers@Saints 17-31

Texans@Jaguars 27-30

Browns@Bengals 20-12

Falcons@Panthers 9-24

Cardinals@Jets 35-56

Vikings@Titans 17-30

Broncos@Chiefs 19-33

Packers@Buccanners 21-30

Chargers@Raiders 28-18

Bills@Rams 31-14

Redskins@Cowboys 26-24

Eagles@Bears 20-24

Monday 29 Sep

Ravens@Steelers 20-23

WEEK 5

Sunday 5 October

Chargers@Dolphins

Titans@Ravens

Chiefs@Panthers

Bears@Lions

Colts@Texans

Redskins@Eagles :box:

Seahawks@Giants

Falcons@Packers

Buccaneers@Broncos

Bengals@Cowboys

Patriots@49ers

Bills@Cardinals

Steelers@Jaguars

Monday 6 October

Vikins@Saints

Teams with Byes:

Browns,Rams,Raiders,Jets

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I did. stayed up until nearly 02:00 in the morning to watch it on my slingbox (great device for watching your home cable when abroad). Wade and Stewart have got to go as this was a coach's loss.

The team has no killer instinct as they did under Jimmy Johnson or they would under Bill Cowher. Teams should pay for coming to Dallas and should be spanked for even thinking they can play them. It is the "not in my house" mentality that they need to develop.

The defensive coaching problem is the bend but don't break way of playing. We should be getting after opposing QBs like they do with us and how the Giants went after brady during the last SB.

Archived