Phantis Forums

Nery Alberto Castillo Confalonieri

REDmagic

I would love castillo back he would make us all happy by switching with lua lua

does castillo play lua luas position?

Don't undermine what Lua Lua offers this team. He stretches defences with his pace enabling Djole and Galletti to find space. He doesn't get goals but offers alot.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Hello everyone!

Im on vacation in greece and I just got here yesterday. You guys will never guess who I saw at the airport. NERY CASTILLO! He flew in at 1:30 in the morning at a time that there would be no press? Suspecious? I dunno but he seemed to be trying to get out of the airport fast and met up with a guy in suit? But somehow this was not mentioned in the press at all? It might be possible that castillo could be coming back to olympiakos. I have a good feeling, especially since we just sold 2 strikers.

Hello everyone!

Im on vacation in greece and I just got here yesterday. You guys will never guess who I saw at the airport. NERY CASTILLO! He flew in at 1:30 in the morning at a time that there would be no press? Suspecious? I dunno but he seemed to be trying to get out of the airport fast and met up with a guy in suit? But somehow this was not mentioned in the press at all? It might be possible that castillo could be coming back to olympiakos. I have a good feeling, especially since we just sold 2 strikers.

I'd have him back.

But even if he is back in Greece it doesn't mean he's back to play.

He's got family connections in Greece and he may well be back just as a visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Two minds on this one: he's a great player who I think would skillwise add a another dimension to Oly as they go into the CL and Superleague. That said, as a PAO supporter I'd rather he stays away.

He is an enigma, he claims a love for Greece et al yet chose Mexico as his NT. He has such talent but has a personality that antagonizes everyone and an ego that frankly is over the top. Perhaps he's just a spoiled brat who is simply realizing that no one really cares or perhaps he is growing up, but whether he has matured as a person will detemrine whether he has a bright future or will be a carpetbagger for the rest of his career.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think so. Shaktar want 3m to loan him to us for one year. Un resonable amount and I dont blame kokalis if he doesnt pay that astronomical amount for a loan. Ontop of that the buy outwould be 10m.

So 13m total. Not gona happen. We lost 10m from the CL and spentmoney on diogo , ALOT of money.

Ibet you guys that Neri will come back to Olympiacos for NOTHING...

Shaktar doesn't give a rats A** about him anymore and they propably don't care what he's worth.

I would be surprised if we play more that 1mill. for this kid...

If he does come back to the squad, he's going to be a GREAT "coming off the bench" player and definitely a "Kypello" player as well.

What do you guys think?

Ibet you guys that Neri will come back to Olympiacos for NOTHING...

Shaktar doesn't give a rats A** about him anymore and they propably don't care what he's worth.

I would be surprised if we play more that 1mill. for this kid...

If he does come back to the squad, he's going to be a GREAT "coming off the bench" player and definitely a "Kypello" player as well.

What do you guys think?

are you serious .. castillo a bench player..

if olympiacos ever gets him back.. castillo will be the best striker in greece.

he will need time to get confidence back. but i tell you mark my workds by january castillo will come back and will totally kill this league.

he and diogo will be unstoppable !!!

At least that is what one person thinks.

Interesting to get a North American media perspective.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/64979

Mexican star goes missing

Posted: Thursday September 04, 2008 07:32AM ET

If you're walking down the street and you see someone who looks like Nery Castillo you might want to ask, because the Mexican national team is looking for him. Castillo hasn't been seen since his proposed move from Manchester City to Spanish side Real Betis fell apart at the end of the transfer window. Could we be seeing a meltdown from one of Mexico's best attacking players? It hasn't exactly been the best 2008 for him after his breakout 2007 year.

The problem with this pelotudo is that the media "hyped" him so much that he beleived it. He is nothing but a "ball hog" he plays street soccer and noone will ever take a chance on a guy who can't grasp a "team concept" soccer.

A perfect case of too much too fast. After the Copa America tournament, his head got too big for his talent, and now look happened. By the way where is he playing these days? I know last year he was loaned to Manchester City, but was riding the pine.

The good thing about still being in Manchester City is, if gets to play he will play with some of the best players in the world, due to all the signings they have made or are about to make. At the same time, all the signings could also work against him.

Good luck to him, but hopefully he will find his way back to Greece where he was the most effective and had the best years of his carrer,

Hes not at man city anymore. His loan is done there. He was going to go to Betis but failed a medical so has to go back to shaktar. After he failed the medical he tryed to come back to Olympiakos but olympiakos did not want to pay what shakar were asking (3 million euros just for a one year loan! plus salaries). Nery did want to come back to pireaus though he was going to pay 500 000 euros of what ever olympiakos had to pay. But it was way to expecsive. I was really happy to hear he wanted to come back. THe fact that he was even willing to pay to get transfered shows that he misses and loves the come and wants to come in the future...

Archived