Phantis Forums

RIP Omonoia

Omonoia9

A season that started with such promise for Omonoia ends in a disappoitning 3rd place finish in the protathliman, and a loss in the Cup semifinals against the hated APOEL. Scoring goals was a problem much of the season, and many times Giorgallidis was the only bright spot on Omonoia. Dragomir Okuka was axed, Giorgos Savvidis also didn't last. Now under the temporary care of Nedim Tutic, Omonoia faces an uncertain summer. Who will they get? Who will be the manager? Will they get to play in Europe? This season, hopefully will get the club to really go out and improve the team. This season ends with Omonoia achieving:

14 Wins

8 Losses

11 Draws

So many of those draws should've been wins...........

I've had fun keeping those who cared, up to date on Omonoia this year, and was honored to have my Omonoia coverage on limited resources, good enough to catch the eyes of the admins and my fellow mods and I will continue to inform. I'd like to thank www.omonoia.com.cy providing me with the official details for each match. I'd also like to acknowledge uefa.com and takisonline.com for helping me to report the scores before the details appeared. PAME OMONOIA!

No reason to talk like that! I wish Omonia a well-deserved rest and a good European campaign in the UEFA Cup and a good run next year. Cyprus needs the competition to improve its league and its football.

First we have to see if Omonoia will get a UEFA Cup spot. CY will have to get a 3rd place berth new for this year. I hope so!

Archived