Phantis Forums

george21

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kostenoglou will play the "exedras choice" so he can buy himself some time with the fans. He's in a no lose situation. If he plays the likes of Pappas, Kone, Pliatsikas, and he loses, well, its still Ferrer's team and he can't be faulted. If he wins with these guys in the lineup he's a ..... genius and conclusively proves what a M@#$%Ka Ferrer was. Perfect scenario for Kostenoglou.

This was one of the worse games I've seen AEK play all year. Should have lost 3-1 or 3-2. And Kakos gave us more than a few breaks.

Kostenoglou's scenario is to try and keep the team from falling apart too much until they find the new coach. He knows he is already losing the job and soon. I dont think he is catering to the Exedra with a bourbos callup.

Last week, Demi had a meeting with all of the old greek members of the team to light a fire under their ass and get them working hard again. That was a sopark as are Kostenoglou's lineups... and to be honest, I dont think they are really his lineups...

Kostenoglou's lineups a spark?

Pliatsikas was one of the worst on the pitch. Not even the most fanatical anti Ferrer believer can say with a straight face that Pliatsikas is a better option than Ramos in a must win match.

An if the lineups aren't Kostenoglou's, then my point is proven.

Kostenoglou's lineups a spark?

Pliatsikas was one of the worst on the pitch. Not even the most fanatical anti Ferrer believer can say with a straight face that Pliatsikas is a better option than Ramos in a must win match.

An if the lineups aren't Kostenoglou's, then my point is proven.

Yes, the changes are an attempt to spark the team. The past week esp after the game in Spain, there have been many things moving around to try and change the atmosphere. Ferrer did it last year when he injected younger players into the lineup. The passion and workrate changed things for the team and made the older guys that thought they had their jobs without any opposition.. question that idea.

IMO one of the reasons that Lymbe has such bad form this year is because there is no one else challenging him at his position. Blanco usually plays up front with him. Last year Kapetanos and Kapatais were around. Not better than him, but were willing to work hard and challenge him.

So I think that is what Kostenoglou is trying to do (with Direction from Demi - not the Exedra). Sure, I agree that Pliatsikas was not very good, but I will reserve judgement after having watched him play a few times. Tough to come in green and expect to fall into place so quickly. But to quote you, its easy to Monday morning quarterback.

I dont think Kostenoglou is trying to buy time with the fans as you say. I dont think the fans have anything to do with him keeping his job. I think it has everything to do with Demi finding the next coach.

Having said all this, I dont believe I said they were successful in "sparking" the team. A spark does not always lead to fire. I just think thats what they are attempting to do...

Archived