Phantis Forums

Getafe CF - AEK

george21

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope ... can't agree with the last two posts ...

We didn't play that bad? We practically didn't get any shots on goal and especially in the first half sat back and defended as if we had the advantage. In the second we tried to get to a decent attack but failed, with as exception maybe around the 70th.

Ribo our best? More like he was their best, with the easy passes he lost to them. Granted that he had a nice shot at the end of the first half or beginning of the second, but not nearly enough to call him our best (not that there was much better going on today).

And a good effort I can't call this. I can't even call this an effort. In the end we got what we diserved for playing this way. A very bad game imo, I'm sorry to say I expected it but none the less hoped for better. And what's worse is that I don't see an improvement soon, definitely not under Kostenoglou.

After the game in Athens why in the HELL is MA**KA Kostenoglou starting with a 4-3-2-1 formation? What is he trying to do? We have to score so playing defensivly is NOT an option.He should have started at least with a 4-4-2 formation and have Kallon and Blanco in. Now back to the game yes it was a dissapointing game and result but to be honost i didn't expect anything else. We are looking VERY BAD right now. We need to turn this around and start playing or this next 10 games in the SL will be very long. It's SAD that we are in this condition again!!! Not perfoming in the second part of the season. Same story for about 9 years now. I very pissed off with this. It is so fustrating to watch my team COLLAPSED every year...... :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

re bro, give little respect to kostenoglou....

genome, first half ribo was all over the pitch BUT he was alone. there was no support. kafes and zikos sucked once again. the left side was weak, lagos didnt do anything. arruabarrena wasn t that great either. the right side was decent though. if ribo wasnt our best, then who was?

at the end of the day in my opinion we played better than the last few games which may not mean much but still i am getting a bit more optimistic despite the beating. kostenoglou isnt the answer but lets see what happens in the league.

Guest TheLegend

ferrer was a god then he sucked he got fired and everyones happy then they hire a very inexperienced coach to have his first games against Getafe in the UEFA cup and AEK loses so he sucks too..... Granted he probably isnt that great of a coach but Aek has way to many players that cant compete in Europe. And from what I read Rivaldo was one of the best if not the best player today.

Now Olympiacos needs to go to the semis for Greece to have automatic qualifying to CL group phase....

bravo... we have to beat Chelsea in England then probably get a team like Arsenal,Milan, Liverpool, Man utd , Barca...have to beat them too.....

Greece is screwed in rankings this year

Guest TheLegend

A little harsh but they are slipping down the table because Nikolaidis plays manga rich guy brining in crap players for little fees or average players on loan

apla dioksate ton ferrer se lathos stigmi kai eimai sigouros oti tha xerete tora pou i aek efage 3 apo tin getafe...

den katalaveno ton Ntemi pantos.. me ton panionio evgene kai stirize ton ferrer kai meta apo 2-3 meres ton dioxnei...

Honestly guys it was a JOKE! I was watching the game w/ an AEK buddy of mine and we were like: WHAT THE F***?? They are not playing at all at the moment and they need to get their act together.

I was asking my buddy, what was their point into going to Spain? Where they their on vaction or to advance? And if so, what sort of tactic is that to go w/ 1 attacker? especcially when you're down 1-0. I didn't like it and it was evident that the players didn't care wither. One player who stood out for me was once again Papathastasopoulos.. (2 bad he's going to leave the club - but good for him)

genome, first half ribo was all over the pitch BUT he was alone. there was no support. kafes and zikos sucked once again. the left side was weak, lagos didnt do anything. arruabarrena wasn t that great either. the right side was decent though. if ribo wasnt our best, then who was?

All over the pitch doing what? Losing the ball as if he was a 5 year old? Or passing the ball to the opposition?

Agreed on Kafes, Zikos and especially Lagos (why did he even start ...).

Arruabarrena indeed wasn't great but I guess he did what he had to do, decent, nothing more though.

Btw you ask me who our best was if Ribo wasn't? Easy enough, Papastathopoulos!

Overall a disappointing game from our players with disappointing decissions from our coach.

its a matter of opinion. i really liked ribo in the first half, he was our only playing trying to do something and he didnt loose as many balls as you claim. watch himclosely, he is always alone and there is seldom anyone he can pass to. the problem isnt ribo but the other players lack of movement. did you think lympe and kallon would rip getafe apart. i think ribo and ronaldo at their best would have had problems if they were as isolated as they were yesterday.

papastathopoulos had a very poor match. where was he on the first goal. how come ramos is man-marking while papastathopoulos is somewhere on the left side. dellas had a much better game than papastathopoulos.

kostenoglous decisions were o.k. which one did you not like? o.k. i wouldnt have fielded manduca but lagos was a non-entitiy. manduca actually provided some action up front. he brought blanco and then lympe. good substitutions. kallon is much better than deforme lympe so it was right to start kallon. maybe blanco should have started.

nsaliwa is a decent rb but nothing special. ramos isnt necessarily better as a right back. we dont have anyone else for that position...

at the end of the day in my opinion we played better than the last few games which may not mean much but still i am getting a bit more optimistic despite the beating. kostenoglou isnt the answer but lets see what happens in the league.

Go & buy Alonefti so you can actually have a left-sided threat! ;)

Archived