Phantis Forums

Stoltidis and the National team

NikosVazelas

Guest TheLegend

Since when is it up to you or other fans to decide if he should say he wants to play or not.

People can push him to be called up but cant force him to play.....

And no our players over 30 arnet playing to well

Karagounis for 1. Dellas 2. Kapsis 3.

"THELEGEND", your OLY bias is really showing here. The fact of the matter is, most people would die to wear the NT shirt (especially after the 2004 triumph). Stoltidis had a chance to show that he belonged on the team and he didn't take it. Simple as that. As aek66 said, you don't see Antzas, Patsa, or Nikopolidis refusing NT call-ups and they all have the same club commitments as Stoltidis and they are all up there in years.

True class? the guy said he cant play anymore. Since when are you all profesionals and play in the CL? and are able to play 3 games practicaly in a week

sorry megale but I don't buy it --I think he is pissed at Otto, and doesnt really have the desire to compete for a job on the EURO team,

does he need to win a 10th championship at Olympiakos????

And Champions League???? The schedule has really slowed down, by this time of the year

Lybe joined the Nt a couple of years ago, and he was pushing 30

Stelios dies for the ethniki, look at Dellas the guy comes back from injury and jumps at the every opportunity to play for the ethniki

I don't mind him as a player and think that if he played well could really be on and/or contribute in EURO, I think Otto is giving him a legit chance and if you look at what I wrote on the SQUAD FOR EURO forumn, Otto took some on-form players that performed well in friendlies to Euro with him

too bad

Guest TheLegend

doubt otto would give him a chance anyways. Why would they go to cyprus and have a long meeting alone and then he decides he wont play.. something fishy....

aekmtl your anti olympiacos bias is showing because you are just against him cuz he plays for olympiacos and your pissed zikos (who is crap now) isnt being called up(see how it can work both ways) ;)

doubt otto would give him a chance anyways. Why would they go to cyprus and have a long meeting alone and then he decides he wont play.. something fishy....

aekmtl your anti olympiacos bias is showing because you are just against him cuz he plays for olympiacos and your pissed zikos (who is crap now) isnt being called up(see how it can work both ways) ;)

HA! I never mentioned one word about Zikos. If you want to know the truth, I DON'T think he should be with the NT as he is past his prime and we have better midfielders anyways. However, if you look at the other threads, I DID mention that I wanted to see Stoltidis get a friendly call-up to see what he could do with the NT and to maybe convince Otto that he belonged on the Euro team (would make a good sub if Greece was leading and needed to clamp things down).

Guest TheLegend

and so everyone finds the right to s%$#! talk about a player who gave up on playing international ?

First of all everyone ignores this secret meeting that happened while they were in cyprus all getting ready for the game the next day. What was that about... Doubt they were just talking about him going back to Greece. I actualy belive that Otto called him up just to shut up everyone and that Stoltidis really did give up on playing international.

Apperently, Stoltidis never wanted to play for Otto Rehhagel. His call-up was a bit too late and Stoltidis made the right choice not to play for Greece. Good move I say! From now on, no "Stoltidis" topics anymore, cause it's getting nowhere. I will close it and we can find sometime better to talk about other than a player who's past his prime for international matches.

Closed topic

Archived