Phantis Forums

Page not found...

Dava-G

I dont know what is happening. My guess is that it has something to do with my settings in IE (I cannot run Firefox at work).

I will click on a link to see a thread and it starts to load the page and then gives me the "cannot load page". Sometimes if I click "reload" many, many times it will finally load - but most of the time it does not. And when I hit reload, it starts to load and then fails. It does not happen to all of the threads. Sometimes I will be able to read a thread and then randomly I try to look at it later in the same day and then BAM! it gives me the same error. Once it starts on a thread, it stays that way.

Funny thing, is at home I have no problem reading the threads. Its just highly irritating because I travel all week and want to read the forums, but cannot due to this irritating phenomenon.

Anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully, if someone has a good suggestion, I will be able to read this thread and it does not fail on me.

Try going to configuration screen, internet options and delete your temporary files (NOT your cookies).

Or try reloading the page not by pressing F5 as you would do normally but try using CTRL+F5. (Reloads and refreshes the page in the cache.)

Btw, if it's one of the threads in the Political Forum you are reffering to, this might be because yesterday some of the structure in that subforum was changed.

If all this isn't the case, my guess is it was a temporary thing (Phantis ran kinda slow for me too yesterday, but today everything's fine again).

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried deleing the temp internet files before, and it didnt work.

I did try it again just now and it didnt help. I tried the CTRL+F5 and that didnt work either.

I read primarily in the AEK forum but mostly only soccer.

It has been happening at an increased rate as of lately and sometimes it happens on threads that are new. For example, I cannot read the new thread in the AEK forum about the "pita".

I still have no clue.

Hm here are a couple of suggestions.

• Consider using Firefox (temporarily or as you wish) to see if this browser gives you the same problem.
  • Make sure there are no problems with firewalls or firewall software going on.
  • Is this a "client" pc in a network? If so try Firefox or Opera as browsers like previously suggested.
  • Run these two: a good antivirus and a good antispyware

I'ld suggest Avast or Nod32 for antivirus and Adaware together with Search&Destroy for antispyware.

Let me know if any of these help.

Edit: sorry, just noticed you can't run Firefox at your workplace.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived