Phantis Forums

Is Asteras for real?

AEK-MTL

I have to say, Asteras has really impressed me this season. Is this team for real and can they hold on to that 4th spot? Would be amazing to see them qualify for UEFA Cup although truth be told, I think Aris will eventually overtake them.

I think they're a flash in the pan to be honest. They won't hold 4th spot.

1. How many other "flash in the pans" do you know of in the HISTORY of Greek soccer that have beaten the POK big three PLUS PAOK in the same round?

2. What about this club suggests to you they're "flashes" in the pan? Because I've been watching Greek soccer for a LOOONG time, and I've never seen this kind of "flash" from a newly promoted eparxiako side. EVER.

i don't think they'll make europe this year, but a few sequences would guarantee them as a top 5 side in greece for next year:

1) don't lose any of their current core

2) another 2 major signings to add impact talent

3) a few upgrades to add depth (nothing as huge as perhaps the 2 major signings to add impact talent)

given the management, i see the last 2 happening. i'm not sure about keeping this 1/2 season's fantastic core together. no one is sure of the personal career ambitions of a filomeno, a cardozo, a rosario, a zairi, the injured milano, a flavio or donde. we also don't know if cambos will remain for the long haul...his track record suggests frequent movement.

i hope all works out for asteras, they are certainly a side to look up to and emulate.

this year, asteras had the league and cup (well, until yesterday) to prepare for. if asteras doesn't make europe this year, it will help them once again next year. example - larisa got caught and crushed under the pressure of euro competition. the depth just isn't there for larisa, and their league form has really suffered. i also think the extra euro matches also negatively affected panionios, aris and to some extent, aek.

They've already made their two impact signings ths winter, PLUS Fytanidis.

In my opinion they are doing great job.I am fan of Paok but I support my hometown too,Doxa Dramas(by the way,ehei kana 2 evdomades pou dialythike.Den yparhei pia.)

and I am jealous.I hope they will continue like they did in the first round.

But their 2nd round is very tough.They have to play all the bigs in transfer,and the pitch is not the small one of 70-75 meters of Arkadia.

i don't think they'll make europe this year, but a few sequences would guarantee them as a top 5 side in greece for next year:

1) don't lose any of their current core

2) another 2 major signings to add impact talent

3) a few upgrades to add depth (nothing as huge as perhaps the 2 major signings to add impact talent)

given the management, i see the last 2 happening. i'm not sure about keeping this 1/2 season's fantastic core together. no one is sure of the personal career ambitions of a filomeno, a cardozo, a rosario, a zairi, the injured milano, a flavio or donde. we also don't know if cambos will remain for the long haul...his track record suggests frequent movement.

i hope all works out for asteras, they are certainly a side to look up to and emulate.

this year, asteras had the league and cup (well, until yesterday) to prepare for. if asteras doesn't make europe this year, it will help them once again next year. example - larisa got caught and crushed under the pressure of euro competition. the depth just isn't there for larisa, and their league form has really suffered. i also think the extra euro matches also negatively affected panionios, aris and to some extent, aek.

They've already made their two impact signings ths winter, PLUS Fytanidis.
for the side to crack into the top tier of greek football (and remain) and to have a patch (2 or 3 seasons out of 4) of european play, asteras still needs to upgrade.

i would consider fytanidis is an upgrade and adds some quality depth (along with versatility, central defense and fullback).

i think the side needs 2 major signings going into next year along with pick up here and there to add depth, and the side will be a definate contender in the greek league, along with the capabilities of playing in 3 competitions. the good news is that management seems willing & able to do all this.

as the side is now, i don't think they are top 5 material...and a major injury or 2, may see them slide down the table.

the onus is on tripolis in the 2nd half, they are now a known quality and they play a rough away schedule.

Well, I'll say it again:

Asteras just signed Fytanidis AND Israel Damonde and Mattias Pavoni from Argentina. They are also adding Milano in February once he's fully recovered from injury. And Zairi has also been added the last few weeks. They also signed Aggelos Moukeas.

There are only so many roster spots available and there are only 11 positions on the field.

Not sure how much more depth Asteras can add, if that's the question mark.

Analytically, Asteras has:

CB's: Lazaridis, Psomas, Machado, Ofrydopoulos

FB's: Fytanidis, Flavio, Massara, Jean Carlos

MF: Cardoso, Rogerio, Milano, Zairi, Kanakoudis

FW: Filomeno, Cesarec (who tore it up at Aigaleo last year), and Ioannou (perennial top scorer in B Ethniki).

And this is NOT including Damonde, Pavoni, or Moukeas.

Now lets compare their depth to table leader AEK.

AEK currently has NO backup RB, and only LW Lagos as backup LB.

AEK also has .... Azcarate as its fourth CB. Enough said here.

AEK has no legitimate starting RM, and .... Manu ........ as one of two options coming off the bench.

AEK's backup DM is actually a CAM (Toszer).

AEK's third forward coming off the bench is either 17 year old Pavlis, or .... Kapetanos.

And this is the FIRST place team in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who doesn't think Asteras has the roster to compete for a top 5 spot hasn't been watching. Especially when one considers that Aris is a top four side as well.

weren't there rumors about tripoli signing kalou, ex chelsea forward? i read that on either sportdog or sportday...i think he's currently playing in the middle east somewhere.

sounds good and definately better quality in comparison to a larisa-bakayoko deal.

we talk about aek, it's depth and what it needs to be strong playing in 3 competitons. do you think asteras can compete in 3 competitons with it's current roster? if yes, ok...if not, that is why i think they still need 2 major signings and a few more quality back-ups.

I think it was Mohammed Kallon of Sierra Leone.

No, what you said is that the side, as is, is NOT top 5 material.

You talk about 2 signings, yet don't mention where.

If its CB's, well, if you've watched them at all, you'll know their CB's have been their strength.

Psomas, Lazaridis, Ofrydopoulos, and Machado are without question top five quality in greece. you mean to tell me there are 5 Greek teams with a better CB quartet? Who? AEK? with azcarate? Who is PAO's fourth fb? How about Aris?

Not sure if you're talking about having a top 5 team in greece or a Euro caliber side, because if Euro caliber is your benchmark, well then, neither AEK, Aris, or anyone outside of OLY and possibly PAO are either.

Forwards? You have to be kidding me right? Aris has ONE. Koke. That's it! Pappazoglou is an unknown quality. You're really telling me therefore are FIVE Greek teams with better forwards than asteras?

Asteras palys a 4-5-1. They really don't need an excess of strikers anyway. And Cezarek would be in most other teams top 3 or 4 rotation. Not to mention that zairi akso plays as a forward.

Fullbacks?

You mean there are FIVE SL teams with a better duo than Fytanidis and Flavio? Come on now!

Seems to me Asteras is being held to a much higher standard than other "top 5" SL teams.

Once again, please tell me exactly which two positions Asteras needs strengthening in. Because you told me that asteras needed two more signings BEFORE Pavoni and Damonde, and now you're telling me Asteras needs two more?

And please clarify are we talking about a top 5 SL finsih, or a Euro run?

i'm not sure why you're confused as to what my opinions are about asteras..everything is a scroll up in this thread and in the astera tripoli thread.

i stated, that right now (2007-2008 season), i do not think asteras tripolis (as is) is a top 5 club in greece. not 1/2 a season, but the whole season. this won't be known until april.

i stated that it's not a waste of time to speculate (because asteras management is ambitious) about asteras actually becoming a top 5 side in greece along with playing in europe. i then stated, in my opinion, for asteras to become a top 5 side in greece and be competitive in europe (uefa cup), they need 2 more impact signings, along with upgrading the depth.

I'm not confused at all.

Your initial post indicates you thought Asteras needed two more major impact signings to be a top five club in Greece. I presumed you made that post not knowing Asteras had signed Pavoni and Damonde and had Milano waiting in the wings, primarily because you don't mention them anywhere, especially in a subsequent post where you mention specific players.

Hence, if two more signings are what you're looking for, Asteras has made THREE (if we consider Milano a signing, since he hasn't played yet).

So I posted that Asteras made the above signings, and you replied Asteras still needs two signings.

you're challenging me to find 5 sets of centerbacks or fullbacks better than asteras' - and if i can't, then asteras automatically deserves to be called a top 5 side. yet, since asteras plays with 1 forward, let's not use the same formula for forwards.

anyways you named a quartet, i can play this too, and say name a duo...but, let's name 3. 3 is a good number. off the top of my head - i looked up the goals..

aek - alvez - dellas (1 goal) - papastathopoulos

olympiakos - antzas (1 goal) - julio ceasar (2 goals) - zevlakov

pao - morris - goumas - sarriegi

aris - ronaldo (2 goals) - a. papadopoulos - koulouheris

paok - knol - melissis (2 goals) - malezas (1 goal)

larissa - dabizas - kotsios - forster

panionios - berthe - pletsch (3 goals) - gaspar

iraklis - malagueno (2 goals) - katsabis - papazaxarias

xanthi - papadimitriou - kostoulas - vallas

astera tripolis - masada - psomas - lazaridis

given those sets of centerbacks, i'd say that astera needs 1 big upgrade in that department, if it is to challenge for top 5 in greece and be competitive in europe.

I suppose you consider the above trios all better than Astera's? Please.

Zewlakow is not really a CB, but plays there because Cesar is slow as molasses. And Zewlakow leaves a lot to be desired as a CB. Nonetheless, lets say OSFP's trio is better.

Lets say the same about AEK (because they are).

Not so sure about PAO, as Goumas isn't great shakes back there, and I personally think Morris is overrated.

Aris starting two is top notch, but Koulocheris? What makes him anything special, the fact that he's an Oly reject?

I like Knoll, and especially Melissis, but Asteras trio has played just as well this year, if not better.

Larisa with Ilias Kotsios? Kotsios? You're kidding right? Not to mention that Dabizas is not the player he once was, and Forster isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Panionios duo (Berthe, Platsch) has been God awful this year. One of the worst combos in the league. Berthe would never get off the bench at Asteras. Heck, I doubt he'd even get signed.

Iraklis and Xanthis duos are fairly ordinary. Kostoulas and Vallas couldn't cut it at OSFP, and Papazaxarias isn't really a CB anyway.

I think you should really watch Asteras CB's play before making assumption based on their pedigree, particularly Lazaridis.

As far as this elusive Euro back quality concept, exactly what does that entail?

Are you thus telling me Kotsios is a Euro class CB? Or are you telling me that he's a Euro class CB based on having played in a Euro competition? Because if thats the case, then we couldn't consider Papastathopoulos or A Papadopoulos Euro class backs before last and this year either, could we? And we know how absurd that proposition would be, don't we? Simply because a guy has playeda Euro match doesn't make him Euro class. Conversely, simply because a player hasn't played a Euro match doesn't mean he's not of that class.

I couldn't tell Campos his roster is set any more than the technical directors at Aris and Panionios could tell Bajevic or Linen that THEIR rosters are set. Because Aris and Panionios I presume are the two teams you slot in at #4 and #5.

I think you're holding asteras to an unjustifiably high standard. Both Aris and Panionios have played in europe and/or finished top 5. yet we see one team (Panionios) with only ONE striker of note on its roster (Djebour-remember Panionios had to play with aravidis at striker when djebour was suspended) and one of the worst cb tandems in the SL. So if you tell me Panionios is Euro quality with their collection of strikers and cb's, then how can you claim Asteras is not? Or alternatively, Asteras needs upgrades at CB and ST when one sees what type of cb's and strikers Panionios went to eurpoe with?

As far as fb's are concerned, aris pair is ridiculous. And they too only have ONE striker of note (Koke).

I guess hat i'm saying is that if these teams are considered top 5 and Euro quality, then why not Asteras in comparison?

I can tell you that Asteras has flat out better roster than Atromitos or Larisa, two other teams that have played in europe.

I'll just make one point quickly here, before I'm off to work. In order to draw the conclusion that Asteras isn't good enough to crack the SL top 5, you must first have some idea who the #5 club is and how relatively strong or weak their roster is, no? Otherwise, you're throwing out a factual assertion without any available point of comparison. If Asteras isn't at least the 5th best team in the SL, who is? Or is it some mythical team you envision as fifth best? Because you have already told me that you're not necessarily thinking of Aris or Panionios. Well then, if not those two, then who? Atromitos? Xanthi? PAOK? Larisa? In order to claim Asteras isn't at least 5th best in the SL, then you must have some team in mind that you believe is better or more worthy.

btw, I agree on Spyropoulos and Maniatis being a great duo, but its a moot point, as Spyropoulos just signed with PAO. I've already conceded Aris cb's are better than Asteras.

Lastly, you raise a valid point about Asteras second round away schedule, but you also forget that Asteras dropped plenty of points in the first round away to smaller teams that it now has at home in the second round.

There may be a partial offset of points Asteras loses in the 2nd round in Athens and Thesssaloniki by points it wins at home against smaller teams.

I'm not talking about competing in three competitions, or being competitive in Europe (whatever that means). I'm talking about Ateras not finishing in the top 5 in the SL. Name me 5 better teams in the SL.

Because in order for Asteras not to finish tope five, there must be 5 sides better (irrespective of roster comparisons), no?

On this we can agree on, can't we?

This is a very simple question. Don't know why its so hard to answer. Foerget about Europe. finishing top 5 in Greece isn't a guarantee one way or another about Europe. Simply put, your assertion was that Asteras is NOT top 5 in the SL. If that's the case, then there MUST be 5 teams that you consider better. There is no other alternative. It's the ONLY possibility.

So tell me, what 5 SL teams do you consider better? Simple question. And don't confuse the issue with rhetoric about Europe. In this instance, the two issues are mutually exclusive.

So once again, simple question-what 5 SL teams are better? And I'll make it even simpler for you. I'l concede OSFP, PAO, and AEK. So tell me the other TWO SL teams that are better. And please, don't respond with the usual rhetoric about Asteras' weaknesses. That's NOT what I'm asking.

This is a very simple question. Don't know why its so hard to answer. Foerget about Europe. finishing top 5 in Greece isn't a guarantee one way or another about Europe. Simply put, your assertion was that Asteras is NOT top 5 in the SL. If that's the case, then there MUST be 5 teams that you consider better. There is no other alternative. It's the ONLY possibility.

So tell me, what 5 SL teams do you consider better? Simple question. And don't confuse the issue with rhetoric about Europe. In this instance, the two issues are mutually exclusive.

So once again, simple question-what 5 SL teams are better? And I'll make it even simpler for you. I'l concede OSFP, PAO, and AEK. So tell me the other TWO SL teams that are better. And please, don't respond with the usual rhetoric about Asteras' weaknesses. That's NOT what I'm asking.

Ela re file, Aris is clearly better than Asteras. They can attack, defend hold the ball and do not rely on cutting down opposing players every chance they get. At one point in the game against Hrakli, Asteras had 30 fouls to Hra's 8.

The last 15 minutes of the game against AEK they kept sending the ball every where to waste time. That doesnt mean they are a better team, that only means they can hold on better and hope for the best.

I would say Xanthi and Panionios are as good if not better. Asteras has had a nice run but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Ela re file, Aris is clearly better than Asteras. They can attack, defend hold the ball and do not rely on cutting down opposing players every chance they get. At one point in the game against Hrakli, Asteras had 30 fouls to Hra's 8.

The last 15 minutes of the game against AEK they kept sending the ball every where to waste time. That doesnt mean they are a better team, that only means they can hold on better and hope for the best.

I would say Xanthi and Panionios are as good if not better. Asteras has had a nice run but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Aris I may agree with, even if they couldn't score a goal to save their lives. And that they were lucky to leave Tripolis with a draw.

So who's the other team that's better?

Asteras has already beaten Panionios (who has an absolutely horrific defense for all their young talent).

And even though Asteras lost to Xanthi away, it really was a match that Asteras controlled. I for one predicted Xanthi's resurgence, but they're basically a 3 man team (Radzinski, Poy, Quintana). And still behind Asteras in the standings.

Beating PAO, OSFP, AEK, and PAOK in the same round is not simply a good run. Its a telltale sign of a good team. I've watched all but a handful of Asteras games, and in very few have they been outplayed (actually, only the last 2-3). To paint them as a dirty team that counterattacks and simply holds on for dear life is utterly ridiculous.

And I would venture to guess that once Zairi, Damone, and Pavoni are fully integrated into the side, Astears will once again find their form.

honest to God -

i stepped out and said that i didn't think that asteras' current roster was good enough for a top 5 and competitive euro play. my usual rhetoric? what is this, new york times versus pravda?

i'd rather have aris' or panionios' rosters - but, they need also need a bit of tweaking. i think paok's arrow is pointing upwards. i thought xanthi was finished in november and kehagias is doing well in the captain's chair. iraklis is a mess, but playing many greek 20 year old talents (giannoulis, giantzis, papadopoulos and ioannidis...maybe they will see better days soon). anyways, can i definately say where aris or panionios or asteras will finish? no. can you? no. i've said that asteras has a chance, but a key injury or 2 will really effect them.

the spyropoulos sale weakens panionios, but they do possess much young talent.

you tell me to forget about europe in this equation - that is what i based this all on. the viability of an automatic euro berth (top 5 in greece) and competitive play in europe. what other issue concerning SL sides is more interesting than that? the greek cup or the big derby of kalamata x messiniakos?

i like asteras, but i don't see how they are definate top 5 material (as you imply, not clarify)..and in my opinion, asteras' current roster is definately not good enough for that SL top 5 automatic along with competitive euro play.

now, why don't you tell me what you really think about asteras and it's roster?

You would rather have Aris and Panionios rosters? Ok, I can accept that. You should have said that all along. That's why I mentioned Aris and Panionios in an earleir post.

The only problem with yopur logic is that Astears is ahead of both Aris and Panionios in the standings and has beaten Panionios and tied Aris (fortunate tie for Aris).

Nonetheless, we'll see.

PAOK's arrow is pointing upwards?

They've lost their last three and are firmly entrenched mid table. This is about as bad a PAOK team as I've seen in my 30+ years following Greek soccer. And it doesn't look like there's much help on the horizon.

Xanthi isn't bad, but once again, they're a three man team. And still behind Asteras.

Iraklis is garbage. Plain and simple. Talk about a team packing them in and holding on for dear life.

How do I say Astears is a top 5 team? SIMPLE. I look to see if I can find five other teams in the SL better. And I can't. Not sure how difficult that is to understand.

Once again, top 5 is NOT synonymous with Europe, nor affected by the likelihood of success in Europe. Top 5 simply means you'll finish in the top 5 inthe SL. THAT'S IT.

What difference does it make if you can't be competitive in Europe? The 5th best team in Greece may be utter garbage by European standards (as it often is). So what? All we're looking to see is who will finish top 5 in Greece. Not how well they'll subsequently do in Europe.

An injury or two will decimate Asteras? Well for God's sake, that's probably true for every SL team. Certainly Aris and Panionios as well. Tell me how good Aris would be without Koke and Ronaldo or Garcia? Tell me how good Panionios would be without Djebour and Makos? We've already seen how pathetic Panionios is without Djebour only. And for God's sakes, Oly practically falls apart without Stoltidis and Ledesma.

- as far as astera being ahead of panionios and aris in the standings, your point is taken. i also can see this in the recent and current standings, it does stick out like a sore thumb for one taking the 'anti'-astera stance. i assure you, i'm not anti-astera.

my problem with this is that aris & panionios each had euro matches in the 1st half of the SL season and that has to be taken into account. the other problem i have is obvious - the season is still going on, certain positions in the standings may change before may.

- i agree with your paok proclamation. this is why i say the arrow is pointing up. i think the side has bottomed. it has nowhere to go but up. i feel this way in terms of management (santos' generous contract just about guarantees stability - paok won't fire him next month) and the fact that paok does have good young talent (melisis, balafas, malezas, illiadis, arabatsis (still injured) and christodoulopoulos). my opinion is that paok will also see relief from the greek govt. in terms of debt. no balafas and knol today...

anyways, that isn't a terrible core of young players plus a danny fernandez. if paok offered you the job as manager, i'm sure you'd have your own ideas about what paok could accomplish.

- i left xanthi for dead in november. radzinski has found his 2nd wind. this may be the 'dead cat bounce'. i like xanthi's young greek right fullback, rizogiannis. xanthi will never fall into the 2nd division, it's academy is just too strong. i heard from a xanthi fan (i need to look into this, though he did tell me about rizogiannis) that xanthi has 3 17-18 year olds ready to step into the 11 for next year. they keep pumping out talent.

- i agree with the iraklis comment. at least, they aren't pretending to contend...they are playing alot of their youngsters. giannoulis and ioannidis are left-footed wide players, papadopoulos left footed central mid and giantzis attacking forward. time and stability are the recipe here.

- as far as asteras and injuries - filomeno goes down, cesarec is #1 and ioannou #2, correct? if koke goes down, aris just added amoroso (if his blue card ever arrives) and panionios has choutos and skoufalis to compliment djebbour. would you rather have: asteras' - filomeno-cesarec-ioannou or aris' - koke-amaroso-papazoglou or panionios' - djebbour-choutos-skoufalis? this was my contention at forward and why i think asteras needs a serious upgrade here.

as far as the top 5, well, a top 5 finish does guarantee euro football (unless an outsider wins or loses the greek cup final to a pre-qualified side). the status of euro football is very powerful, in terms of attracting transfers and the chance for money & glory. it's also the real test...to me, anyways. the disgrace today just underlines that.

can you imagine training, preparing..hours and hours for the match (staff and players) and have it taken away from you? why didn't bajevic go apeshits? because i think mr. dusan was the beneficiary of many calls during his time at the red harbor.

- we'll dig this thread back up after the season ends and see where things lay.

Cesarec would start at both Aris and Panionios. At least if they played with two strikers.

Amoroso may be great, he may also be the next Conseicao.

Choutos has yet to impress in the Greek league, and Skoufalis is NOT a striker. remember, Panionios played .... Aravidis ... as striker when Djebour was suspended.

I also think Zairi and Rogerio can play up top.

As for the disgrace today, its par for the course. Aris took it up the Hershey Highway last year as well in Vikelidis. The only way you win in Karaiskaki is to be 2-3 goals better, and pray.............

Guest TheLegend

They have played really well.. I saw them vs AEK they dominated AEK. AEK was luccky to not lose 3-0

Guest TheLegend

If they get into UEFA cup it will be a dream come true and Im sure their owner will splash more money out. For a team to come uop from 2nd divsion and the owner willing to spend alot of money its a good thing. I see 4-5m if they can hold 3rd or 4th spot in the summer trasnfer window

kolokotronis - i'm waiting for your reply about asteras' roster - if you feel it is good enough for euro football next season (assuming astera makes the uefa cup). when i say good enough - i mean to play competively, win a few matches after advancing to group play.

i feel as though you definately feel that asteras will finish in the top 5 with it's current roster. do you feel comfortable with it, in regards to euro play?

My friend, if Larisa and Panionios can play in Europe with their current rosters, then Asteras surely can.

This is an impossible question to answer as the circumstances surrounding Asteras' possible Euro play next year will not be the same as those surrounding Larisa and Panionios this year. Maybe they'll get a better, or worse, draw.

Nonetheless, on 1/17/08 you indicated that Asteras needs TWO more major signings to compete in Europe and finish top 5.

Well, since then, Asteras has signed Martin Kabourov, Adrian Bastia (Racing Clubs captain), Tasos Kyrgiakos, and Mixas.

Damonde, Pavoni, and Fytanidis were added a week earlier. And Milano (arguably their best player) STILL hasn't played a match. Nor has Zairi fully acclimated himself with the team.

But then again, I know the answer:

Asteras need TWO MORE major/Euro class (whatever that means) signings to compete in Europe (whatever that means). :P

Cesarec would start at both Aris and Panionios. At least if they played with two strikers.

Amoroso may be great, he may also be the next Conseicao.

Choutos has yet to impress in the Greek league, and Skoufalis is NOT a striker. remember, Panionios played .... Aravidis ... as striker when Djebour was suspended.

I also think Zairi and Rogerio can play up top.

As for the disgrace today, its par for the course. Aris took it up the Hershey Highway last year as well in Vikelidis. The only way you win in Karaiskaki is to be 2-3 goals better, and pray.............

i don't know about this - all things being equal (all sides to play with 2 strikers and all players being 100% fit), i would say it would be hard for ceserec to break up an aris trio of koke-amaroso-papazoglou or the panionios trio of djebbour-choutos-sialmas. papazoglou has shown flashes while sialmas is definately an unknown in comparison to ceserec's known qualities.

yes, you're right about aravidis/skoufalis. i know aravidis on the u-21 plays as a wide right mid and takes inswinging corners from the left and free kicks from the right.

i also saw that asteras signed on bosman (to join asteras on july 1, 2008) racing club's defensive mid adrian bastia. interesting - given the long-list of midfielders (especially defensive ones) at asteras. i wonder if they suspect some players will leave...damante and pavoni played over the weekend. it also looks like astera is flirting with a huge bulgarian striker that currently plays for lokomotiv plovdiv.

let's see if they signed anyone else just before the deadline.

Amoroso-he hasn't played a single match. When have you seen him play last? As I stated earlier, there's a chance this guy ends up the next Conceicao.

Papazoglou-Ah, I see, this is the flavor of the month. Exactly what has he done to justify such a conclusion? Looks like the next Kampantais to me.

Choutos has been a MAJOR FLOP in Greece.

As for Sialmas, oute i mana tou xerei auton. You're kidding me, right?

At least Cesarec has somewhat of a track record in the SL.

Guest TheLegend

Asteras RIGHT NOW can easily compete with teams like Elfsborg etc. Considering im sure their owner would buy new players if he made it to the UEFA cup. Also its easier to lure players by playing in Europe.

Archived