Phantis Forums

ARIS - PAO

MadBoy13

I did nt watch the game.

Did you see this?

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...ris/181570.html

Aris played better or not?

Panathinaikos controled this game. They decided not to give open space to Aris so they played tight on our half and found plenty of space on attack with quick passing. Panathinaikos had more clean chances to score.

Aris had two off-balance headers saved by Malartz and one shot wide. Other than that they just moved the ball around in midfield before they lobbed it long towards our goal (most of the time).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we had some good control of the ball at some points, but again we lacked in creativity. Not to mention how lucky we were both with the goal that we scored as well with the goals that malarj saved.

It is also obvious that we heavily rely on Salpi to score. Let's hope to see some new signings that will improve our ability to score..

P.S. Anyone else that wants tziolis away?

I think we had some good control of the ball at some points, but again we lacked in creativity. Not to mention how lucky we were both with the goal that we scored as well with the goals that malarj saved.

It is also obvious that we heavily rely on Salpi to score. Let's hope to see some new signings that will improve our ability to score..

IMO Tziolis is still a good backup and so we could keep him.

But i am sorry Papadopoulos must go.

I think i saw him about 3 or 4 times in the game.

2 he got great passes which he then screwd by delaying and then he got maybe 2 fouls.

I happened to like Tziolis. He is dependable, and solid in midfield. This year, most of the games he has played well, and he had very few games when he should have been replaced.

Tziolis has a peculiar upright style but he does a great amount of work in midfield. He is a contributor and I don't understand why most pao fans seem to hate him. His job is to play the second DM role and he does it very well. A secondary role is to support the forwards when possible, at which he is not stellar.

If our offensive midfielders did their job half as well as he does his no one would be complaining about Tziolis. I think Karagounis and Ivanschitz should pick up their game a bit more...

Papadopoulos would be a good substitute if we could buy a proven striker this January which we badly need.

Regarding our reliance on Salpigidis, it's time the other forwards stepped it up and scored, although it's not unusual for a team to have one proven goal scorer. Mantzios has good scoring precentage but he does not see much playing time. Maybe if our midfielders began scoring too, we would be a bit more comfortable.

I forgot to add in my previous post: Aris officials are complaining about the referee. Maybe the Superleague officials can review the game tape and hand out some fines (and games off) to Avraam Papadopoulos who almost took Romero's foot off his ancle at the price of a yellow card...

PAO has had trouble breaking tight defenses, but this also is the result of our ability (or disability) to 1. use the wings effectively, 2. absence of a "Domazo-like" player--accurate feed of the strikers.

Pap and Tziolis should stay for now. The first should not see so much playing time. The only player who must go is Vyntra. I hope we sign Larissa's Galitsios.

I forgot to add in my previous post: Aris officials are complaining about the referee. Maybe the Superleague officials can review the game tape and hand out some fines (and games off) to Avraam Papadopoulos who almost took Romero's foot off his ancle at the price of a yellow card...

I agree with you. But...

The Aris president has a point though about the crappy so-called Super League. Of course, there has to be a way to punish those who "harm the sport".... on the pitch and outside!

Here in the US, every major sport has commissioners, or bodies that, above all, look after the health of the particular sport. There are several mechanisms to protect, promote, and smooth out problems. One principle is to punish those who "are injurious to the sport." ...[

IMO Tziolis is still a good backup and so we could keep him.

But i am sorry Papadopoulos must go.

I think i saw him about 3 or 4 times in the game.

2 he got great passes which he then screwd by delaying and then he got maybe 2 fouls.

Yes, if you put it like that, I agree with you. I like tziolis as a backup, but he gets to play every game.

It seems everyone here likes him, but I can't compare him with basinas. The guy is slow and doesn't have a decent control of the ball.Neither a secure pass. I mean compare him to mattos. He is not bad in his play but he does not lift the team up. He is a medium player and I guess I am tired of watching a medium PAO. I miss the 90's. :rolleyes:

Anyway I don't want to argue about that. This is not our weakest link, but maybe the 2 DM's or the lack of an exceptional scorer or.. who knows...

A good thing is Endoye that played well in his few minutes. He kept the ball well when aris was pressing..

Bottomline...

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!

May it be full of health and joy for everyone and titles with good performance from our team.

i dont understad why people give tziolis so much crap. the kid is what, 23? and he is playing in one of the most difficult and important positions on the field. think about if we hold on to him. by the time he hits 26-28 he will be an amazing player...in order for him to develop his talent, he must constintly play..obviously the coaches the last two seasons have seen his potential, so thats why he starts.

kalh xrovia se olous.

i got to introduce the girlfriend to the family tonight. big night ahead. den einai kai ellhnida.. gia na doume.

although everytime i am with my girlfriend for some big event, we always sign a player. on our anniversary we got karagounis.

hopefully, with this being new years, and introducinh the gf to the family, and me being fom larisa, we pick up galitsios from AEL. :)

kalh xrovia se olous.

i got to introduce the girlfriend to the family tonight. big night ahead. den einai kai ellhnida.. gia na doume.

although everytime i am with my girlfriend for some big event, we always sign a player. on our anniversary we got karagounis.

hopefully, with this being new years, and introducinh the gf to the family, and me being fom larisa, we pick up galitsios from AEL. :)

hehehe!!! ante re... pote o gamos? :P

katse re irema. tora thn parousiasa, milas kai gia gamw. xiroteros apo tin giagia mou

kala ase ton gamo... call gkalitsio kai pes tou na paei stin panatha!!! :P :P :P

makari megale... alla na sou pw..mallon sto gavro tha kataliksei epidei ton afinoun stous visinous mexri kalokairi.

asta na pane.

oute na t'akouo den thelo..

makari megale... alla na sou pw..mallon sto gavro tha kataliksei epidei ton afinoun stous visinous mexri kalokairi.

asta na pane.

Niko as' ton Galintiso kai koita na fame kana koufeto :P

Kalh Xronia!

na fame koufeto alla me koumparo ton Gkalitsio!! :P :LOL:

Archived