Phantis Forums

Michael Katsidis

It wont be on in the uk because... get this... england are playing football!

what the hell does that have to do with anything? england are playing 6 hours earlier! this will prob be the fight of the year (along with mallignagi vs hatton and calzaghe vs roy jones) and they arent showing it! :tdown:

Katsidis loses by decision. It wasn't a fair decision because it was a split decision, which I don't believe how any one judge can have Katsidis ahead in points.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing from Katsidis coach in the final rounds saying things like "You're doing great, keep it up, I haven't seen these things from you in a long time, it's really special", etc. The guy was in the last round losing, without a doubt. He needed to hear stuff like "Listen Mike, you NEED to knock him down, give everything you got." It was obvious to everyone that he needed a knockout to win it. At best, I give him 3 rounds, at best.

In the interview, his coach was saying "The one judge got it right, Mike won this fight". Don't know what match he was watching.

All that being said, I like this guy Katsidis. After the match when being interviewed he was nothing but respectful to his opponent as well as his opponent's home fans (even though they were booing him :tdown: ), and full of smiles and laughs. Even though I was pissed off that he lost, his attitude after the match made me smile. He seems like a good guy.

I wish him the best. I think it will take a while to get back into contention for a belt after 2 consecutive losses. He's still young, so hopefully he can bounce back.

• 1 year later...

He's going to fight the undefeated Kevin Mitchell on May 15 in London (Upton Park, West Ham's stadium). There will be 25k there to support Mitchell so Katsidis will have to be ready for a war against Mitchell and the crowd. Mitchell is a big hitter too so this is bound to be explosive. Mitchell is slight favourite according to the bookies. This could go either way. :gr:

Here's a couple of analysts discussing the fight and coming to different conclusions:

• 1 month later...

He's going to fight the undefeated Kevin Mitchell on May 15 in London (Upton Park, West Ham's stadium). There will be 25k there to support Mitchell so Katsidis will have to be ready for a war against Mitchell and the crowd. Mitchell is a big hitter too so this is bound to be explosive. Mitchell is slight favourite according to the bookies. This could go either way. :gr:

he smashed up mitchell in the 3rd round, devastating performance :tup:

:nw: :nw: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :nw: :box: :gr:

here's a report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8684261.stm

He's going to fight the undefeated Kevin Mitchell on May 15 in London (Upton Park, West Ham's stadium). There will be 25k there to support Mitchell so Katsidis will have to be ready for a war against Mitchell and the crowd. Mitchell is a big hitter too so this is bound to be explosive. Mitchell is slight favourite according to the bookies. This could go either way.  :gr:

he smashed up mitchell in the 3rd round, devastating performance :tup:

:nw: :nw: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :nw: :box: :gr:

here's a report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8684261.stm

Great ! ! ! :gr: :tup: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived