Phantis Forums

AEK - Villarreal

george21

Im not talking about signing like Olympiakos. We cannot afford signings like Olympiakos because we donot guarantee ourselves 5-10 million euros from the CL every year. Even if they lose every game, thats what they get. Now this year, they will make around 20-25 millions euro.

I am talking about signings that will build us not blockbuster signings. Look at Olympiakos they just signed that guy from Levadiakos for 300K. Not a huge signing, but a good player. Yes we got Rivaldo on a free transfer and he was for selling tickets and newspapers. With his salary we could have 2-3 good, younger players and build them. Like a papastathopoulos. Like a Ramos. Like Toszer. Like Hetemaj. They are good players that will probably be great players if they get their time playing in their proper positions.

Rivaldo is holding us back financially and technically.

I agree with your glue and tape, but if thats the case, we need to buy cheaper younger players and make them talent...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) let's say ferrer and demis were dead-set on buying spyropoulos of panionios. panionios will definately inflate his value. will aek come up with 3.0-3.5 million euro to buy him? i mean, is spyropoulos battle-tested as far as european club matches & national team matches?

Just to give u the exact figures on Spyropoulos,Panionios this summer was asking for 5 mil and not 3.5

IF TOROSIDIS WAS PLAYING FOR PANIONIO, HE WOULD OF PROB BEEN WORTH A BIT MORE THEN 1 MIL. ONLY BECAUSE OF PANIONIOS HISTORY WITH BRINGING UP TALENT.

ANOTHER THING THAT ADDS WORTH IS LEFT FOOTEDNESS. ITS LIKE A LEFT HANDED PITCHER IN BASEBALL.ID SAY IF TORO WAS WORTH 1MIL, THEN BASED ON SPYROPOULOS LEFT FOOTEDNESS, THE FACT THAT HE PLAYS FOR A KNOWN TALENT POOL AND I THINK, MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL, AND I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, THE FACT THAT HE MADE THE NATIONAL TEAM WITHOUT PLAYING FOR ONE OF THE BIG THREE,THEN HE SHOULD BE WORTH ABOUT 2. HAD TORO NOT GONE TO OLY, HED BE WATCHING THE EURO FROM HIS ONE AND A HALF AT THE XANTHI COMPLEX AND HIS WORTH IN EUROPE WOULD BE 200K.

AND VICE VERSA IF SPYRO WAS PLAYING FOR OLY HED BE WORTH MORE THAN 5 OR 6

i agree with the youth movement...but, would aek fans accept a possible 5th or 6th place finish (perhaps for 2 years) to let these players grow and progress? that is the pressure that demi and ferrer feel.

Well thats the trick isnt it? As a president and a coach you must look to the future and look at the big picture especially when your fans cannot.

Last year we played so much better with younger players and without high priced Ribo or Aroub...

Im not saying that we should go spend 3 million for greek players. actually im not saying we should spend 3 million on any players. Im saying that we should play our younger guys now and buy good talent and build them like we did with Kiriakidis, Papastath, etc.

Demis did a great job with the budget and making calculated moves money-wise over the past couple of years but this year I think he got too comfortable and got a little ahead of himself.

Moretto, Ribo, Aroub, and Manu are way too much money coming out of our pockets right now for really, not great performances.

well the spyropoulos transfer fee was set to some 3 million euros or possibly more by the panionios management if a greek team wants to sign him. it doesnt reflect his worth, its just saying that panionios will no longer be the supermarket of the big three but wants to become a big team itself and one way to do so is to keep their homegrown talent. i actually thought it was a good sign for greek football. it was a reaction to aek snatching up ensaliwa for a petty release fee he had in his contract.

of course torosidiis is worth more than spyropoulos. he is a much better player. i cant help but think what aek would be right now if the torosidis deal was actually according to the laws of the market and not xanthis allegiances. it is well established that torosidis prefered to go to aek but the xanthi boss wanted him in the olympiakos shirt. lord knows why he was so keen to not only lose toro but moments later also lemonis and eventually antzas to olympiakos but allegiances are a key factor in greek football. imagine toro on the aek squad...

i saw the el classico today. seeing diarra in the real shirt and remembering he was once an ofi player. why didnt aek make a move on him...same goes for ogunsoto who was ours for the taking but demis decided to save his money for whoever.

i agree overall to dava-g general sentiment. this year is a crucial one though. if we dont win the championship, the gap to olympaikos will have widened severely in terms of financial power. add to the mix, that the runner up will be determined through a playoff scheme where at the end of the day anything CAN happen. plus the runner up will start the cl qualification in the second or perhaps first round even.

Archived