Phantis Forums

Basinas: After Jan. 1st, I'm open to talks...

athinaios

There's a thread here about transfers, but I think this is a special case. When Basinas left PAO many said it was time for him to go, but now several years later, he's looking to change teams and possibly return to Greece.

What do you think about PAO making an offer to him?

Or, should he go to a major competitor of ours?

Here's a recent INTERVIEW he gave

Basinas suffers alot from the fact that he's strictly used as a holding midfielder by Mallorca. He's forgotten how to get forward! A bit lick Seitaridi who doesn't cross the half way line anymore! A move to PAO would improve Basinas' game immensely after a few months. He would be a great signing. He's a leader and would help players like Ninis, Tziolis, etc. He'd be a great signing for PAO.

Basinas would be a good fit to our current roster.

He is a creative DM, and playing next to Mattos would be a good fit.

Playing two DMs requires that at least one (if not both) must support the forwards. Basinas, Tziolis, Leontiou, and Mattos would be an awesome rotation in the most intricate position of our team.

He will be 32 next year and he still has a couple of years of good football in him.

If he wants to come to PAO i say get him. He is another arrostos with PAO and even though he didnt leave from our team under the best conditions he never said anything bad about PAO. Such players must end their carreers with PAO and then use them still in Akademies or other positions so they can help with their experience.

What exactly is this supposed to prove? Kapsis is on the roster. So is Giannakopoulos and Vyntra, among others. That doesn't mean anything.

Well, yes, you're making a good point, but because these players are on the team I can see how they play ;)

I haven't seen Basinas play with his current team, but I've seen him play with the NT and he's a good contributor to the NT, unlike the other players you've mentioned (and a few others who should get the boot too).

I think other Greek teams need him more than PAO right now, but I believe he should come back home. He's got 2-3 good years left in him, and he's got plenty of experience.

If he's to be remembered, he should play for a contenting Greek team. PAO is a good fit for him.

Archived