Phantis Forums

Champions League OR UEFA Cup

evalagoal

14 members have voted

1. 1. Champions League OR UEFA Cup

• Champions League
    • UEFA

Ok..

It's obvious that we're either going to make it into one or the other (unless we shoot ourselves in the foot here)

But what I want to see here is what us as TRUE fans want for our club. Would you prefer to see our team participate and continue in teh CHampions League phase OR go ahead & get into the UEFA Cup?

I can't believe someone checked UEFA Cup in the poll... are you nuts? Any right minded fan would go with Champions League. It's dumb to even argue the other way. Glory, prestige and money are all benefits that CL qualification would bring!

I can't believe someone checked UEFA Cup in the poll... are you nuts?

:blink:

btw i was gonna open up a new thread but theres really no point il just ask it hear... If we advanced in the chamionsleague who would we play?

If we came second would we face first of group D? And if we came first would we face second of group D? Or is there a draw or somethign where we could end up faceing any first/second place team?

Anyone know?

:blink:

btw i was gonna open up a new thread but theres really no point il just ask it hear... If we advanced in the chamionsleague who would we play?

If we came second would we face first of group D? And if we came first would we face second of group D? Or is there a draw or somethign where we could end up faceing any first/second place team?

Anyone know?

A new draw occurs. If we qualify in 2nd spot we could play any team that finishes 1st, vise versa.

That's right, and most of the teams will be tough to beat. I don't care who Olympiakos faces just as long as we make it into the last 16.

Exactly.. at the start of the year if you would ask me if id be happy with a round of 16 exit, i would, cause for olympiakos making out of the group stage is an accomplishment

I can't believe someone checked UEFA Cup in the poll... are you nuts? Any right minded fan would go with Champions League. It's dumb to even argue the other way. Glory, prestige and money are all benefits that CL qualification would bring!

DUDE!

NO DOUBT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE is the s%$#!

But for us (any Greek Team) UEFA it's where is at.

I would LOOOOOOVe to see one of little Greek Club win the whole damn thing,,,, But as far as $$$$ and continuing in Europe I would have to say UEFA

HAHAHAHAHAH I agree. It's that weird Greek mentality again. How anyone would select UEFA Cup defies serious logic!

DUDE!

I would LOOOOOOVe to see one of little Greek Club win the whole damn thing,,,, But as far as $$$$ and continuing in Europe I would have to say UEFA

Re paidia, the UEFA Cup has teams in it like Bayern, Villareal, Fiorentina, Athletico Madrid and soon to be Benfica amd possibly Lyon, Liverpool, Valencia, Sporting and PSV. Most of these teams are better than half the teams that will be left in the CL! So what makes us more likely to acheive glory in this competition that than the CL??

F*** that! We've suffered so much heartache for 8 years in the group stages, this is our chance to experience the excitement and pride of being in the draw for the last 16 and people are discussing the UEFA Cup?

Guys I honestly mean this, with the exception of any of the top English teams (because football is a game of styles and we can't handle theirs) I don't fear anyone in the CL. Give us Real again with a full team, or Milan with their s%$#! home record, etc, we can take them all!!!

Let's beat Weder and carry on our wonderful journey in the CL this year.

DUDE!

Re paidia, the UEFA Cup has teams in it like Bayern, Villareal, Fiorentina, Athletico Madrid and soon to be Benfica amd possibly Lyon, Liverpool, Valencia, Sporting and PSV. Most of these teams are better than half the teams that will be left in the CL! So what makes us more likely to acheive glory in this competition that than the CL??

F*** that! We've suffered so much heartache for 8 years in the group stages, this is our chance to experience the excitement and pride of being in the draw for the last 16 and people are discussing the UEFA Cup?

Guys I honestly mean this, with the exception of any of the top English teams (because football is a game of styles and we can't handle theirs) I don't fear anyone in the CL. Give us Real again with a full team, or Milan with their s%$#! home record, etc, we can take them all!!!

Let's beat Weder and carry on our wonderful journey in the CL this year.

:gr: :nw: great point... lets stay positive!

YOU ARE ALL CRAZY IF YOU DON'T WANT IT ALL! Let's stay in the Champions League! Let's bring honor to Greece. We have plenty Greek clubs doing well in the UEFA Cup. But we are the champions! We have higher standards, because a champion is held to high standards. Olympiakos is the champion of Greece. Greece is the champion of Europe. Our ethniki turned heads, and dammit so can we! :gr:

Archived