Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Skoda Ksanthi

MadBoy13

F***in hell we dominate the game completely. the biggest domination from any team i have seen in any game this year in the greek league and we dont win.

sometimes luck has a big part to play in this game

Yeah blame it on luck... When this happens consistently it is not luck. Like when Olympiakos lost so many games in the last min in Europe, was that just bad luck? Unless some serious attacking players are brought in PAO won't win the league for at least 10 more years!

after watching the match again, in the second half alone, 9 players of xanthi went down and stayed down for a total of 14 minutes from the end of play to the ball gettin played again.

i dont think i have seen that happen in england.

i dont care what DUDE says, there is no way that happens time and time again the way it does in greece.

im not sad at all with this game. Most people say, id rather watch my team play good football and lose then play like crap and won. The reason behind this...

on a long term basis, the team that plays well will eventually win the games they have to.

the teams that play bad, will lose. i.e. AEK

It happens constantly in Italy. I'm not sure if it happens as much as this particular game because I didn't see it, but it does happen generally.

As for:

Most people say, id rather watch my team play good football and lose then play like crap and won. The reason behind this...

on a long term basis, the team that plays well will eventually win the games they have to.

<_< Greece, Italy, and Germany all play reserved, calculated football. Check out their acheivements in recent years. Arsenal play the best football in Europe, they've never won the CL and finished 4th in the league last year. Whereas Liverpool play physical, ugly football and have won the CL and reached the final twice in the last 3 years.

I'd rather win!

It happens constantly in Italy. I'm not sure if it happens as much as this particular game because I didn't see it, but it does happen generally.

As for:

Most people say, id rather watch my team play good football and lose then play like crap and won. The reason behind this...

<_< Greece, Italy, and Germany all play reserved, calculated football. Check out their acheivements in recent years. Arsenal play the best football in Europe, they've never won the CL and finished 4th in the league last year. Whereas Liverpool play physical, ugly football and have won the CL and reached the final twice in the last 3 years.

I'd rather win!

if you didnt see the game then you shouldnt be commenting...xanthis performance today was disgraceful..im not saying that becuase we should have won, but i have not seen falling and milking time like this in a long time..there should have been 15 minutes of extra time at the end of the game..it was really a sad sight..

as for your comment about serious attacking players? i dont think you know what your talking about here..i mean, we had a game of bad luck(once again, you didnt see the game, so you dont know)..we outplayed and outclassed xanthi but could not manage to finish the game off...as a matter of fact, i think we had a very good offesive display, we just were lacking that last little bit..this is the first time it has really happend all year..where we have dominated but could not score a single goal..salpi is up there on the scoring charts as well and pap is second leading scorer in uefa...i dont think there have been a lack of goals..i do think though that we will see more 4 or 5 goal performances when ninis and eki come back into serious playing..they are players that add the creativity in the final third of the pitch that we have been lacking in.

i did think we needed a goaltzi though...we have been lacking there since warzycha left..but this year, i do not think it is as much of a problem because we play a more team oriented game...championships are not won on scoring the most goals, they are won off of consistant good play, which pao have been playing all year as opposed to aek and olympiakos who have not played consistent quality football..this could change easily though and games like these make me nervous that they might.

So let me get this straight... I say that the reason PAO won't win the league for years is because you are not consistent enough in breaking down small teams (Asteras, now Xanthi, and a million examples from previous seasons, etc).

Your response is that I don't know what I'm talking about but you say PAO "outplayed and outclassed xanthi but could not manage to finish the game off" and " we just were lacking that last little bit" and "... creativity in the final third of the pitch that we have been lacking" and then "i did think we needed a goaltzi though...we have been lacking there since warzycha left" and "championships are not won on scoring the most goals, they are won off of consistant good play".

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I rest my case, kai ante geia!

well....we blew it.....

a bit unlucky by not getting the salpiggidis penalty (clearly pulled down before he was about to shoot from very close range) and his header from matos cross was inches wide....

not great, could be worse...lets hope for a win vs Moskva at least to get back some momentum....

glad to see Ninis back, but it looked like he didnt even warm up to be honest....we needed Ninis earlier...also taking Salpiggidis off for useless Papadopoulos was a stupid decsion........we sub out both strikers every game almost......we need a striker that can solidify a starting spot and just go wild scoring.....we get that player we can win the prota8lhma, otherwise waiting for Papadopoulos/Salpi/Ndoye/Mantzios to be consistent. will take for ever..

Your response is that I don't know what I'm talking about but you say PAO "outplayed and outclassed xanthi but could not manage to finish the game off" and " we just were lacking that last little bit" and "... creativity in the final third of the pitch that we have been lacking" and then "i did think we needed a goaltzi though...we have been lacking there since warzycha left" and "championships are not won on scoring the most goals, they are won off of consistant good play".

hes actually spot on about the match DUDE,

PAO was absolutley the dominant team....a bit more creativity and the Goleador we would have snagged the wing but we were pretty much unlucky as well. I mean posession, very good chances, penalty claims (legitimate ones) and what PAO had 17 corners Ksanthi - not even one???

Your response is that I don't know what I'm talking about but you say PAO "outplayed and outclassed xanthi but could not manage to finish the game off" and " we just were lacking that last little bit" and "... creativity in the final third of the pitch that we have been lacking" and then "i did think we needed a goaltzi though...we have been lacking there since warzycha left"  and "championships are not won on scoring the most goals, they are won off of consistant good play".

PAO was absolutley the dominant team....a bit more creativity and the Goleador we would have snagged the wing but we were pretty much unlucky as well. I mean posession, very good chances, penalty claims (legitimate ones) and what PAO had 17 corners Ksanthi - not even one???

Yes but this is exactly what I'm saying!!! This is WHY PAO won't win s%$#!, because even when the team plays well they always find a way to F*** up against shitty teams. pao123, said that I don't know what I'm talking about, then repeated my exact argument! I'm not saying PAO is s%$#!, just very inconsistent, particularly against small teams.

Your response is that I don't know what I'm talking about but you say PAO "outplayed and outclassed xanthi but could not manage to finish the game off" and " we just were lacking that last little bit" and "... creativity in the final third of the pitch that we have been lacking" and then "i did think we needed a goaltzi though...we have been lacking there since warzycha left"

Pao was just unlucky in this one.Xanthi did what some smaller clubs do when faced with a greater opponent,11 man defence,destroy the rhytum of the game and just keep the 0-0. 99% of the greek teams facing us at home do exactly the same thing but getting the 3 points at those games helps winnng the championship.It is still early and i believe this year many more points are going to be lost from the big 3 clubs.

WELL DUDE, if u take it that way, then neither oly nor aek will win the championship this year. oly sucked against tripolis and ergotelis, and couldnt even beat a pao team that had 8 regulars out of the lineup.

aek couldnt beat iraklis at home and they actually lost that game.

its normal to drop points during the season. the way u make it sound, u have to win every game to be champion.

last year, as opposed to this year, pao barely got any chances.

Against ergotelis at hom, after the win at karaiskaki, we lost 1-0 and i think we had 1 scoring chance and 4 shots on goal.

against atromitos, we lost 2-1 and had 3 chances the whole game.

we played great football and couldnt score. it happens. man u drew in old trafford against reading 0-0 this season in a game they dominated from beginning to end. it happens. and reading played an outright game, they didnt spend 15 minutes on the ground with supposed injuries.

i mean today, quintana stayed down after the play in his own box and it took him 2 minutes to get to the sideline looking like someone kicked him in the nuts and shot his nephew.

then as soon as he got to the sideline, he ran all the way to midfield to be eligible to get right in . it took him litteraly 4 seconds to run half the pitch. then on the VERY NEXT stoppage, he fell down again, about two minutes later... and knowing he would be subbed, got up slowly and it took him 2 minutes to walk fromthe corner of hisbox to the sub line. Matos even had to push him from behind. it was too funny.

besides, if logic respects itself, after tomorrows game at aris, pao will be tied for firstwith AEK and most prob oly and those two still have to face eachother.

not bad for a team that looked the pits last season.

Your response is that I don't know what I'm talking about but you say PAO "outplayed and outclassed xanthi but could not manage to finish the game off" and " we just were lacking that last little bit" and "... creativity in the final third of the pitch that we have been lacking" and then "i did think we needed a goaltzi though...we have been lacking there since warzycha left"  and "championships are not won on scoring the most goals, they are won off of consistant good play".

Yes but this is exactly what I'm saying!!! This is WHY PAO won't win s%$#!, because even when the team plays well they always find a way to F*** up against shitty teams. pao123, said that I don't know what I'm talking about, then repeated my exact argument! I'm not saying PAO is s%$#!, just very inconsistent, particularly against small teams.
to be fair there just as inconsistent as OSFP this year.....

also in this one it was Ksanthi's lucky day........the great chances were there, any other day we would have at least taken the 1-0.......

aek loses to ira, osfp to asteras, etc......some days it just wont work.... personally i dont beleive PAO will win anything unless we get a great striker that can just do the job every game....and its time to lose Papadopoulos, i like the guy and the player but we need to find better to realize our potential....

Disappointing to waste 2 points. Didn't watch/listen to the game, so I won't judge our performance. Yet, if it's true that PAO played well enough to win, it shows that we just need work harder and the results will come.

Above all, I have not been impressed by ANY contender team this season so it'll be interesting (as it should be) until the end.

The big three have enough games among them left and we still control our future. That's good.

o pao kapioi ithelan na min nikisei me tin skoda... tora gia pious logous.. den ksero kai oute tha mathoume... den einai dinaton o diaititis san ton kasnaferi na min vlepei ena olokatharo penalty kai min mou peite oti den to eida giati optiki epafi eixe i akoma kai na min to eide.. tote o voithos eimai 1000% sigouros oti eide oli tin fasi...

o pao kapioi ithelan na min nikisei me tin skoda... tora gia pious logous.. den ksero kai oute tha mathoume... den einai dinaton o diaititis san ton kasnaferi na min vlepei ena olokatharo penalty kai min mou peite oti den to eida giati optiki epafi eixe i akoma kai na min to eide.. tote o voithos eimai 1000% sigouros oti eide oli tin fasi...

Kansaferis is a horrible referee.

Beyond this penalty that happened in the beginning we should had scored one way or another. The important thing is that the players tried their hardest but they couldn't...

Archived