Phantis Forums

A League Version 3.0

Tuesday 27th November Sydney FC v LA Galaxy friendly

David Beckham and his LA Galaxy has been in town for the last 2 days.

New LA coach Rudd Gullit has gone on record as saying he wants to play hard against Sydney FC in front of 80,000 at the Olympic Stadium.

Apparently 17 yo Greek-Australian Nick Tsatallios is going to play on David Beckham.

Anyone have opinions?

I have Phoenix season ticket, ONLY TO SUPPORT MY CITY :ph34r: :box:

Im crazy, i support/watch the GREEK SUPERLEAGUE but to be honest the A-league is crap, more so than the "superleague" i would rate it something like the b division in greece...if that...

The fans are timid and way too PC (in NZ), we have some chants but the last few games people have told me not to swear....???...(aparently people dont swear at football games)

the A-league is "exciting" because it is close and a lot of draws etc, i think it needs 3-4 more teams to thrive, but its not a very talented league

on the beckham game the result was no suprise...im sure sydney fixed the game anyway!!!

PS in wellywood there is a greek club at the games who sit away from the people that chant, i think this alienates some fans and takes passionate fans (greeks) out of the atmosphere created by the folk who turn up to every game and chant.... I am not in the greek club....

I have Phoenix season ticket, ONLY TO SUPPORT MY CITY :ph34r: :box:

Im crazy, i support/watch the GREEK SUPERLEAGUE but to be honest the A-league is crap, more so than the "superleague" i would rate it something like the b division in greece...if that...

The fans are timid and way too PC (in NZ), we have some chants but the last few games people have told me not to swear....???...(aparently people dont swear at football games)

the A-league is "exciting" because it is close and a lot of draws etc, i think it needs 3-4 more teams to thrive, but its not a very talented league

on the beckham game the result was no suprise...im sure sydney fixed the game anyway!!!

PS in wellywood there is a greek club at the games who sit away from the people that chant, i think this alienates some fans and takes passionate fans (greeks) out of the atmosphere created by the folk who turn up to every game and chant.... I am not in the greek club....

Hey thanks for your post.

So your from NZ? I wasn't aware.

What I did know was the new owner (financial backer) of the Phoenix is Greek. Also a mate of mine lived in NZ for a few years during his time at Aukland Warriors management team and he told me that Wellington is the hu of NZ's Greek community.

As for your opinion of the A-League, I would have to agree. It would probably be on par with Greece's Division B.

A few more teams need to enter to make it more interesting as well. A team from Wollongong, Canberra (my town) and Nth Queensland have been mentioned for the near future.

Wellington has some good players. The marquee player is crap. That Arab guy, but Daniel and Felipe the Brazillians are decent.

yea have to agree with you mate, Panserriakos would molest most A-league teams...

Terry Serepesos was born in Greece, thats purely coincedental though. I think a lot of the greeks here just support it because of Terry being greek, There is also a "Greek" player Costa Barbarouses (i think he captains the U17 NZ team).

Yea Ulrich is a waste of time and money, he played well the first game and scored a scortcher of a goal but now he's lazy and fu*ks around a lot.

Daniel is also a waste of time and money, he always makes stupid choices and gets silly cards for dives etc. He is one of the most fustrating pleyers to watch.

Felipe is good value so is Ferente

The one thing that really grinds my gears is the nature of the fans in NZ (especially at the nix games)...all wana-bees who think they are cool because they get drunk and "chant". A few matches ago some one threw a bottle at the central coast scorer and the media made it seem like the fans had roited and destroyed half of wellington, now the security is really tight at games and you have to sit in your allocated seats or they threaten to ban you for life. This is a problem when you want to invite people without season passes to games. Today i had to go in through a gate on the opposite side of the ground, find my friends then mission back around the stadium to the Gate where all the "chants" happen

I think next year i'll just watch a few games on TV the standard is not what I expected.

PS: Fortunatly for the people of NZ, the Greek population is about 5,000 and 3,000 of them live in wellington.

today the nix played the LA galaxy

final result 1-4

beckham scored a penalty (pretty suspect) so at least the fans got to see him score hahaha, although it would have been nice to see him completely fark it up in true beckham fashion.

this was probably the worst nix performance but some positives were the crowd size 32,000 (a record in NZ for a football match), also Costa played well and set up some scoring chances in the 20 minutes he played. Felipe was also on form...but he always impresses the fans hahaha

football won on the day :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yesterday the MIGHTY PHOENIX beat perth 3-0 in the stadio del caketinnious!!!!

WE are now no longer bottom of the "A"-League!!!! perth are hahahaha

this game was so strange, firstly 2 straight red cards for perth AND an indirect free kick for perth from 2 metres away from the goal (this was after all the injury time had been played in the 1st half) but the most bizzar result was the phoenix win hahahaha

so far in 16 or so games the nix have won 4, beating perth all 3 times hahah. We recorded our first win however, away against Sydney FC on matchday 4

yea i think Kosta should try and get into a greek club ASAP, from Greece he can build for bigger european teams (inlc big Greek sides)

Yesterday

PHOENIX 1-1 QUEENSLAND ROAR

this was the most devistating A-league game i have watched, The BS antics from the queensland players, ref, and linesmen were a final straw in my book.

the nix were denied 2 clear hand balls inside the box!!!!! numerous offside calls went against our players whenever we had a scoring chance!!!

Reinaldo and Seo are cheats and the FFa needs to investigate and punnish players who try to waste time, and fake being injured to get innocent players booked.

I understand some dives should not be punished, but reinaldo pretended to have a neck injury so the stretcher and neckbrace came on. Then he sent them away and all of a sudden, it was a calf injury. He then hopped off the field (5-7 minutes after going down). 2 minutes later he SPRINTED back on!!!!.......I enjoyed yelling PUTA PUTA PUTA at him as he left the field.....he is a "never was" cheating scumbag!!

I was quite pleased that the crowd boooed Seo every time he touched the ball, we also gave him a nice send off after the game.

• 2 years later...

having friends who hassle me to watch the A league, go to games support sydney fc...i vowed in season one that a soon as a team wearing green enters the competition i will follow them....so yeah i am now a avid fan of North Queensland Fury......sad i know...cause the football still sux..

Archived