Phantis Forums

Eki

NikosVazelas

Eki has the capabilities based solely on talent to be above average which is exactly what most pao players are. it will take time for him to get back the confidence in his knee and legs after this long of a spell on the sidelines.

anybody that has ever hurt his knee and/or leg will tell you that the hardest thing to do upon returning is not fear of pain, but it is to gain confidence on the strength of your leg. some people, have it in them to feel over confident, which i think is eki`s case. Last year he came back WAY too early and hurt himself just by trying too damn hard.

But in a case like his, even with half a leg he has the capabilities to overshadow most players on many teams, especially in the superleague.

If i remember correctly, last year he came back and made his first appearance against larisa in a game where our team were struggling to make two passes together. and in the 15 or so minutes he played he set up the winning goal with a superb takounaki. pure class.this is what this kind of player can do.

he had an off year in the malesani full coached season. a year that saw him play as a Dm most of the time.but who didnt have an off year. Pap was awful. Basinas didnt even play. Morris and Goumas looked , for the most part LOST. that was also the first full year vyntra played at RB and we all know how good he has faired.TOrghelle couldnt buy a goal. Konstantinou had a horrible last year. Seric was bad. i mean if charalambidis was ur best player, u can tell what kind of season we had. only gekas, in a few games, and mantzios when he played looked decent. this was the biscan , flavio phase at pao. Could Eki really be blamed for having a bad season when the whole team were barely able to cross midfield. he still finished with 7 goals that year. two of them being classic goals.

Mind you,as soon as flavio was gone, eki stepped it up and i think the team in a whole lost only 1 of their last 9 games. not a fact but im sure it was something like that.

what im trying to say is that we have 2 eki`s. the one that played the first two seasons with pao. and the other one, which is the one that was part of a team that was abismal. the whole list of players. horrible.

I think under peseiro, eki has a chance to shine in a position that really suits him. and the fact that we have a steady rotation, where we dont depend on individual talent but more on an army of green hustle, a plyer of eki`s calibre can flourish without having the pressure of carrying a team of deadbeats.

Time will tell, but i think the fact that we can wait for him without worrying about or team, should let us know how good our team is playign without him. and his addition can only bring positives. i mean, Ninis was our best player by far last year and im pretty sure that more thenhalf of you forgot about him this season so far.thats how good we are playing collectively. oly has 4 injuries and they can win a game on the road. we cant seem to lose.

And if anyone is worried about Eki being a atomistis, u dont have to worry about that. We have karagounis, who is the biggest (GIMME THE BALL) cry baby ever. but he has a gren heart and i love him anyway.

later skaters.

is he going to play anytime soon???? i heard somewere that he will be fit to play in a few weeks

Eki will be out for about 3 to 4 weeks after his new injurie.

After that he will not play immediate so i assume he will play on the second round of the championship

Archived