Phantis Forums

Concluding games for Euro2008 qualification

Guest geok

The qualification campaign for Euro2008 comes to an end. There are some hot games coming up this Saturday (and some more next Wednesday):

Israel-Russia: With victory Russia effectively kick England out of Euro2008.

Scotland-Italy: The winner seals qualification and the loser is out!

Norway-Turkey: Turkey need to win to survive.

I believe UEFA want England in, so I would bet my money on Israel (for a win or a draw).

I like the Scots a lot but it will be tough for them: certainly the most important game of this weekend.

I think it would be better for us if Turkey qualify because they are a weaker side...

But I think there may be a plot against them (remember our game in Norway...) and I will put my money on Norway.

what do you think?

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Who I want to win:

Israel-Russia: Would be great to see them kick out England.

Scotland-Italy: Would be great to see them qualify and not England :D ...

Norway-Turkey: Would be great to see them kick out Turkey, and I'ld love to see how they would play in the finals of a championship.

Who I think will win:

Israel-Russia: I think they're the better team, and I hope there's no conspiracy at play.

Scotland-Italy: Completely open to me, although if I'ld have to say anything, I'ld go for Italy ...

Norway-Turkey: They play at home, and are the better team atm.

Israel-Russia: I think Israel is going to win this match 1-0, or even tie 1-1.

Scotland-Italy: My heart says Scotland 1-0, but my mind says Italy 2-0.

Norway-Turkey: Whoever scores first will take this match, no doubt in my mind. At most, I will say 1-1.

Even if Russia loses, England might still fail to qualify...remember they have a must win game against Croatia, which will be VERY tough.

Israel-Russia: shocked if Russia win this one 1-1

Scotland-Italy:draw here 1-1

Norway-Turkey: I dont think a team casn turn it on and win a road game after playing like crap for so long 2-2

any chance Croatia doesnt win?????

Isn't it awesome that we are through

2-0 for us

Interesting developments so far!

One remark is that the games that we are interested in for the Fifa Rankings are:

Bulgaria-Romania 1-0 : well done Bulgaria!

Scotland-Italy 1-2: sorry for the Scots but this is a good result for us.

FYROM-Croatia: we would be happy with a victory of FYROM.

So, up to now, the are some results that combined with 6 points from us, put us in the first group for the WC2010 qualifying draw!!!

And a comment for the Russians: They may turn it around but conceading from Israel after their claim of an excellent preparation, it is ridiculous! No surprize for me as the Russians usually blow it up at the important games :LOL:

Anyway, victory for us tonight!!!

Hiddnik is out!

It was funny to remember his talking of no room for failure in Israel :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

England will go through and will be demolished in Euro 2008

I would also expect a goal from us by now!!!

Congratulations to Turkey for their great result.

For us, every result tonight was good:

Scotland-Italy: 1-2

FYROM-Croatia: 2-0

Bulgaria-Romania: 1-0

Greece-Malta: 5-0 !!!

In the game England-Croatia, the ideal result for us would be victory for Croatia. But if England win, that is the second best result. The worse result for us is a draw.

It would be great if we could beat Hungary and qualify as most points in Europe and hopefully in the 9th place for the WC2010 draw!

Felt bad for Scotland but full credit to Italy for the win. They went into Hampden Park and took it to the Scots. I was surprised by Turkey's win especially after Norway took the lead. Considering it was in Norway, that shows real character. Can't believe Russia conceded the last minute goal, especially after all of Hiddink's talk of "excellent preparation" and "no room for error". I can definitely see England beating Croatia and sealing qualification. Although I guess that would mean that Maclaren keeps his job, which isn't necessarily a good thing for the English.

... I was surprised by Turkey's win especially after Norway took the lead. Considering it was in Norway, that shows real character. ...

I don't know if you saw the game, but Norway was completely flat after they scored. Most interesting, the atmosphere was favorable to the Turks. Their fans were the only ones heard in the stadium for long periods of time. It was like they were playing in Turkey most of the time :blink:

The face of Hiddink last night was priceless.

What an arrogant moron, hopefully, he won't make it this fat twat and is dodgy team.

Israel have good players and honestly, if they had been more clinical, they could have won the game 6-0. Their flanks is a major issue though. I can't believe they played so poorly against England both at home and away.

I don't know if you saw the game, but Norway was completely flat after they scored. Most interesting, the atmosphere was favorable to the Turks. Their fans were the only ones heard in the stadium for long periods of time. It was like they were playing in Turkey most of the time  :blink:

I didn't see the game. I'm surprised Norway didn't take it to Turkey after the first goal to really hammer it home. I guess it came down to who wanted it more. I doubt Turkey will mess up against Bosnia but again, you never know. Could be yet more surprises in store.

Bosnia wants to go for Pot 3 in the WC qual draw and can do so by winning in Turkey. Bosnia has won in Norway and scored 2 goals in Greece. Turkey almost lost at home to Norway and lost at home to the Euro Champs. So, Bosnia might do some damage.

Archived