Phantis Forums

AEK - FIORENTINA

george21

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can foree the game from know fio are gonna play for the tie and relly on mistakes and counter attanks a dull 0-0 game unfortunately, the way aek have been playin lately i donr see who they can get out of this funk even with a full oaka which i dont even expect half full capacity.

AEK Athens’s last 5 European results:

UEFA Cup

Thursday October 25, 2007

IF Elfsborg 1 - 1 AEK Athens

UEFA Cup

Thursday October 4, 2007

Red Bull Salzburg 1 - 0 AEK Athens

UEFA Cup

Thursday September 20, 2007

AEK Athens 3 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Champions League

Monday September 3, 2007

AEK Athens 1 - 4 Sevilla

Champions League

Wednesday August 15, 2007

Sevilla 2 - 0 AEK Athens

Fiorentina’s last 5 results:

UEFA Cup

Thursday October 25, 2007

Villarreal 1 - 1 Fiorentina

Serie A

Sunday October 21, 2007

Fiorentina 3 - 0 Siena

Serie A

Sunday October 7, 2007

Fiorentina 1 - 1 Juventus

UEFA Cup

Thursday October 4, 2007

Fiorentina 1 - 1 Groningen

Serie A

Saturday September 29, 2007

Livorno 0 - 3 Fiorentina

Head to head

AEK Athens 0 victories

Fiorentina 0 victories

Source.

do you remember the aek-torino fixture of 1992? nea filadelphia was a kamini. batista scored on a 35 yard free kick for a 1-0 aek lead and there was xamos for 10 minutes.

2-2 in Athens, 0-1 in Torino?

Btw, about Mutu, I heard he pulled a hamstring which should mean 3 weeks away from football.

2-2 in Athens, 0-1 in Torino?

Btw, about Mutu, I heard he pulled a hamstring which should mean 3 weeks away from football.

I've only found this on a French site so far:

12/11 16h40 - Football, Serie A

Mutu out trois semaines

En raison d'une lésion à la cuisse, l'attaquant de la Fiorentina Adrian Mutu sera écarté des terrains environ trois semaines.

Auteur de 6 buts en 11 matches de Serie A cette saison avec la Fiorentina, Adrian Mutu va voir sa cadence se ralentir. En effet, victime d'une lésion à la cuisse, l'attaquant roumain va devoir observer une indisponibilité d'environ trois semaines avant d'être de nouveau opérationnel.

I've translated it for you guys:

Due to a pulled hamstring, the attacker from Fiorentina "Adrian Mutu" will be off the pitch for about three weeks.

Scorer of six goals in eleven matches in the Serie A this season with Fiorentina, Adrian Mutu will see his rhythm slow down. In effect, the Roumanian attacker with a pulled hamstring will have to be absent for about three weeks before being "operational" again.

I remember the Turin game: Batista made a clown of himself trying to show off too much. Pavlos Papaioannou had a good game but he was all alone most of the time as Bajevic did not risk despite the 2-2 score of the first leg.

I was disappointed when we got the two stronger teams at home. I would have rather gotten two sure wins from the weaker sides. Anyway, we got a tough schedule and it's up to us to show what we are made of! :)

and you're usually the beacon of optimism concerning greek sides...you think cyprus has a better chance of a result over germany than aek over fiorentina?

I was clearly joking over the Cyprus game... I think I posted a prediction of 1-5 at one point (although not sure if that was in a private message). I'm clearly messing about.

As for this game... AEK have been abysmal of late, I can see another PSG type game. With the exception of the defeat to Udin, Fiorentina have been exceptional of late. What evidence do we have to suggest that AEK will win this game? Nobody will want AEK to win this more than me but this is a forum where we all post our opinions and my opinion is that Fiorentina will win comfortably. There just isn't enough pace in this AEK team.

I pray to God I'm wrong.

A very tough match, but not beyond AEK.

The most important thing is that we attack the game and dont go defensive like against Panathinaikos, otherwise we will get slaughtered.

I will be very interested in which players start this match, and whether or not AEK take it seriously (with all this bullshit talk of friendly matches).

I am very optimistic and i think AEK can actually win this game comfortably. After all, we are playing at home, and we should be feared and put fear into the opposition. This didnt happen with Sevilla, but our fans were fantastic, and i would be very disappointed if there wasn't a big crowd for this game (+40,000).

Anyway, this is the lineup i think we should go with, including injuries etc... :

..................................... MORRETTO ............................................

RAMOS................ DELLAS.................ALVES...................... ARRU

....................................TAM TAM ...............................................

PAPPAS..................................................................... TOSZER

..................................... MANDUCA ...........................................

....................................................... RIVALDO ...........................

.......................................BLANCO..............................................

Possible Subs

Pap

Lagos

Zikos

Cezar

Kone

Pavlis

Injuries

Macho

Lyb ????

Hopefully it is an entertaining match, and not a boring Italian defensive match. I have a very good feeling about this one, and hope for no Sevilla or PSG match.

AEK to win by 2 - 0!!!!!

:nw: LONG LIVE AEK :nw:

I dont think Ribo is playing. to be honest its going to be a super difficult match...AEK needed to beat If Elfsborg and Malaga and hope for a draw at best with Fiorentina. Now the pressure will be to win. I dont know if thats so easy for us to do with Ribo and Lymbe out. Plus Moretto will undoubtedly do something stupid

Archived