Phantis Forums

Aris-Red Star

DUDE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There goes my fiver! :P

:LOL: You think that's bad! I had a Yankee bet on that was spread over the week. I had Adebayor to score the first goal in the Arsenal vs Slavia Prague game so I'd lost that, but I had Celtic to win 1-0 (I won), PAO to win 1-0 (I won), and Aris to win 1-0. If Red Star had held on for 8 more minutes I'd have won

Wow thats a good win for Aris... i was watching the live updater on uefa.com and i was nervous for them :P i left around the 70th min and i come back and i see 3-0 aris ? :D :gr: :gr:

Thats a good win, and i think aris will make it through. Bajavic is the man :gr:

the victory is even sweeter due to the arrogance of the former euro champs, still sulking about their crumbling in the final minutes to bayern munich.

a well taken first goal - classy 2nd goal and sublime individual effort by koke for the 3rd.

i'm anxious to see this side more often.

lol, you really do have it in for the Serbs don't you?

Bayern Munich fans still talk about their defeat in similar style to Man Utd. Same as Olympiakos fans with the numerous last gasp goals that have KO'd the team. That's not arrogance, it's a bitterness/frustration that's brought about by your own failings and bad luck. Bear in mind that Red Star could have made it the CL this year instead of Rangers. The tie finished 1-0 to Rangers on aggregate... that goal was also scored in the 90th min of the game in Scotland. So they are bitter and frustrated. That's not arrogance. The Red Star manager mentioned on numerous occassions that Aris were a tough test and had a great manager.

This victory is sweeter to you because of your personal beef with the Serbs, it is sweet to everyone else because, dare I say it, Aris has one foot in the next round. :gr:

Btw, I disagree about your analysis of the goals too :P The first was a sublime finish, the 2nd was well taken and the 3rd was due to defensive and goalkeeping errors. :D

Great result for ARI!

I walked into a bar when the match was in injury time and saw the 3 nil. I was seriously smashed so I had to do a double take!

Nice :LOL: :LOL: :tup:
I announced to everyone in the bar that Aris is my team but that I'm from Tripoli! I got some funny looks and some guy at the bar bought me an ouzo and then started questioning me about why I "support" Ari when I should be supporting Asteras Tripolis. Little did he know that I saw Olympiakos v Real 2 days earlier. B)

I'm just a Greek footballing poulimeno!

Anyhoo, yeah Athens is going to kill me! I came here to get some perspective and clarity and all I seem to be doing is staying out till the ksimeromata and partying and drinking and walking 20 kms a day.

Who would have thought that you could pick up a "travesty" on Syngrou! :o

FORZA ARI!

Red Star Belgrade have a proud history and I, for one, am sad to see their decline.

Me too. It's a shame that a traditionally great club is struggling because of the financial evolution of the game. It's not just Red Star either, the Russian sides, Ajax, PSG, etc have all fallen.

WTF is the link to Oly? I hate when stuff like that happens. F*** Red Star. Go Greece.

There is a link between Olympiakos houligans and Red Star houligans as there is a link between Paok and Partisan.Pretty much some few idiots from 2 greek clubs are making alliances with some other few idiots from Serbia and the police,like always does nothing.....

Archived