Phantis Forums

Is this true?

AEK_ADELAIDE

I have just played a year on the new football manager game as AEK. I won the league but 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th are in a little league against eachother for the chance to play in the champs league.

Is that going to happen this year in the superleague or have football manager got it wrong?

I have just played a year on the new football manager game as AEK. I won the league but 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th are in a little league against eachother for the chance to play in the champs league.

Is that going to happen this year in the superleague or have football manager got it wrong?

My man you're talking about a video game correct??

:huh:

yes i am talking about a video game, the game is Football Manager 08

they are always spot on with every league around the world and how the league works.

in previous years on this game the greek superleague has always been correct with no european playoff but in this years version they have put this in.

so I dont know if it is correct or incorrect, thats why I have started this topic to find out if the superleague will have a european playoff or not

yes its true.

this is how it will work. First place team is league champion.

after that we have 2,3,4 and 5 that will take part in a mini championship at the end of the season.

first off, the fifth place team will start with 0 points.

then the 4th place team and followed by the 3rd and 2nd will each have 1/3rd of the points difference wise with the fifrth place team.

so hypothetically lets say the final standngs are as follows. and remember this is a hypothetical.

1st-AEK - 77 points

2nd-OSFP - 71 points

3rd-Pao - 68 points

4th-aris- 55 points

5th-PAOK- 49 points

then what happens is we take paok as they finish 5th, and every team above them starts with 1/3rd of the difference they have with them in points.

so aris being 4th and having 6 points more then paok will start with 1/3rd points more then paok who start at 0. 6 point difference divided by 3 = 2.

and so on and so forth with all the teams abovethem.

so the beginningof the mini league would look as follows.

OSFP- 7

PAO - 6

ARIS- 2

PAOK- 0

the teams will then play two games against eachother, one home and one away, 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. the winner of the minui tournament will be the 2nd spot in the champions league. etc etc.

This is important because as u all may know, next year, greece will have the first two teams in the cl, champion in the 3rd quali round and 2nd place starts in the 2nd qualifying round.

we will also have one team in the uefa along with the cup holder.

unless the cup winner is a top two team causing the 2nd uefa spot to go to the cup finalist, then and only then will the 4th place team be the uefa cup representative.

complicated, yes. interesting for football fans after april, DEFINATELY.

later skaters

Archived