Phantis Forums

Ethnikos Asteras - PAO

MadBoy13

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went through with a nice 3-1 win against a fighting second division team. Everyone's mind was in the next three games (Levadiakos, Copenhagen, AEK, and Larissa), so Peseiro fielded some players that have not seen much action.

Simao is 19 years old and played for the first time a whole game as a DM. He has some talent and did a lot of running, but could not cover the position very well.

Romero was ejected at the end of the first half with two very silly infractions. The first card came because he tried to stop a quick freekick from being taken somewhere in midfield. No reason for doing so, and there was no reason for the harsh foul on the second yellow.

N'Doye did a great job today. He won a penalty (missed by Karagounis), scored the first goal, served the third one, and had a shot at the post.

Mantzios scored two very nice goals as well and that's good news.

Galinovich had some nice saves as well.

Fyssas looked his age, and in general our whole defense looked shaky today.

ill just add to cybers post by saying that, every game that nilsson has played as rb instead of vyntra he and the team looked more composed. today for the time he was on. he played exquisite defensively and assisted on mantzios first goal.

i feel confident to say, that pao has a rb. his name is nilsson.

and our keeper is fantastic in malartz.

i also believe that morris can play superb football.

goumas is solid.

all we need is a lb.

Mattos is a great DM. even though he wont stay at pao for longer then a couple of years.

Overall what i am trying to say, is that our defense is not horrible. in my opinion its all bout psychological factors. when we play a good team game, these players can shut anyone out. as we proved even last year having 6 straight clean sheets and even shuting out oly twice.

thus far, playing with our b players often enough with all our injuries and suspensions, we have allowed one goal in the league and one goal in the uefa. and todays goal against was with 10 men and 4 players that havent played a game yet this season.

Not too bad.

Good points Niko,

I was thinking yesterday that Nilsson has gotten the wrong end of the stick for some strange reason. He is a good RB defensivelly, and he knows when to advance and he usually does a good job. I don't understand why he is not our starting RB.

BTW, he was injured yesterday and asked for substitution. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Archived