Phantis Forums

Injuries

bar7

no..they were not playing together in the friendly..eki was pretty good apparently..he still needs to find his feet a bit, we cant expect him to just be magic after not playing for a year...he'll definitly need acouple games but at least we know hes now fit and ready to try and contribute. we are playing another friendly vs Ilisiako on tuesday, so i think we might possibly see eki in the 18 next weekend...ninis the same..he looked fresher apparently..

i would just like t add that Tziolis has had a solid start to this season and he has been ultra dependable considering all the injuries at midfield thisseason. and today he played for the national team for about 20 minutes and was very very good and had an assist on the third gekas goal. very good futur ahead

I'm going to post a question to you: At which point a club should stop investing time & money on a player?

I don't mean to be unfair to Eki. I like him and I wish he could soon return healthy AND back to his ORIGINAL form. [because after his first injury, his play wasn't all that good, and then he got injured again]

I'm going to post a question to you: At which point a club should stop investing time & money on a player?

I don't mean to be unfair to Eki. I like him and I wish he could soon return healthy AND back to his ORIGINAL form. [because after his first injury, his play wasn't all that good, and then he got injured again]

i think after this season, if eki doesnt come back strong, we should consider our options..if he doesnt show promise and improve his injuries we should start looking at options this summer..its a shame really but i dont know what the deal is..he looked ready to come back, now another injury..i dont think its serious, but enough to put him out for longer..i dont think we'll be seeing him realisitcally until after the winter break period, in which case, hes got a half a season to prove he is ready to stay on the team...

Gonzales has been a contributing member of the club and it would be cruel to cast him aside because he got injured while playing for us. Last year we were desperate for a spark and he rushed back to action to help the team.

I think the team should treat him with respect and wait for him to return whenever he feels ready and healthy. PAO should show through his treatment of Eki that the club respects its players and would support them through their difficult times. This must be a terrible time for a human, to see his major passion and livelihood in danger of being cut short through injury.

Continuing investment on Gonzales (and all other injured players) is an investment to the club's reputation and future. It sets an example for all players, current and future, that they would be treated well even if they are injured.

The good news is that we are not desperate for his return any more, so he can take his time healing.

In other injury news, I heard on ERAsport that Enacahrire was injured today, and that both he and Goumas might miss the game against Larissa.

Gonzales has been a contributing member of the club and it would be cruel to cast him aside because he got injured while playing for us....

.... PAO should show through his treatment of Eki that the club respects its players and would support them through their difficult times. ...

Continuing investment on Gonzales (and all other injured players) is an investment to the club's reputation and future. It sets an example for all players, current and future, that they would be treated well even if they are injured.

You guys make good points. I definitely appreciate respect, loyalty, and looking long term. PAO needs to set the proper club culture.

On the other hand, who could say that PAO hasn't been patient in Eki's case? Really. He's one of the most expensive players--probably has cost us a couple mil.$ while being paid but not playing.

Now, I hope he comes back and plays great. I'm cheering for him. If he's got a fabulous second half of the season, he may get several offers from other clubs (and we know most foreign teams have lots more $$$ to spend). Would he stay??? Or, would he go for the money, especially having this experience whereas he might think that it's best to grab the money when avaiable because you never know when it ends.....

I agree with you Athinaie that once his contract expires his situation will be re-evaluated. Like I said before it's good for the club's image to support its players in the most difficult of times, especially during injuries.

The good thing is that the team is not desperate for his return any more.

As for the other players, ERAsport said today that Gonzales will be evaluated today to see what the injury is to his thigh, and that Tsigas is not ready yet since he only played 45 minutes, despite the three goals he scored.

OTH, Ninis played all 90 minutes and played well, so he is closer to joining the team.

first degree pull for eki..he will be out for another 2-3 weeks...as i said before, dont think we'll see him until 2008...

I am really glad that this year we dont miss Eki so bad as did the years before.

I doubt Eki will find back to his good old days. I think his mental constitution will not allow him to play good and hard as he did after this whole drama.

IMO Eki has probably finished. I hope i am wrong but i doubt it.

Eki has the capabilities based solely on talent to be above average which is exactly what most pao players are. it will take time for him to get back the confidence in his knee and legs after this long of a spell on the sidelines.

anybody that has ever hurt his knee and/or leg will tell you that the hardest thing to do upon returning is not fear of pain, but it is to gain confidence on the strength of your leg. some people, have it in them to feel over confident, which i think is eki`s case. Last year he came back WAY too early and hurt himself just by trying too damn hard.

But in a case like his, even with half a leg he has the capabilities to overshadow most players on many teams, especially in the superleague.

If i remember correctly, last year he came back and made his first appearance against larisa in a game where our team were struggling to make two passes together. and in the 15 or so minutes he played he set up the winning goal with a superb takounaki. pure class.this is what this kind of player can do.

he had an off year in the malesani full coached season. a year that saw him play as a Dm most of the time.but who didnt have an off year. Pap was awful. Basinas didnt even play. Morris and Goumas looked , for the most part LOST. that was also the first full year vyntra played at RB and we all know how good he has faired.TOrghelle couldnt buy a goal. Konstantinou had a horrible last year. Seric was bad. i mean if charalambidis was ur best player, u can tell what kind of season we had. only gekas, in a few games, and mantzios when he played looked decent. this was the biscan , flavio phase at pao. Could Eki really be blamed for having a bad season when the whole team were barely able to cross midfield. he still finished with 7 goals that year. two of them being classic goals.

Mind you,as soon as flavio was gone, eki stepped it up and i think the team in a whole lost only 1 of their last 9 games. not a fact but im sure it was something like that.

what im trying to say is that we have 2 eki`s. the one that played the first two seasons with pao. and the other one, which is the one that was part of a team that was abismal. the whole list of players. horrible.

I think under peseiro, eki has a chance to shine in a position that really suits him. and the fact that we have a steady rotation, where we dont depend on individual talent but more on an army of green hustle, a plyer of eki`s calibre can flourish without having the pressure of carrying a team of deadbeats.

Time will tell, but i think the fact that we can wait for him without worrying about or team, should let us know how good our team is playign without him. and his addition can only bring positives. i mean, Ninis was our best player by far last year and im pretty sure that more thenhalf of you forgot about him this season so far.thats how good we are playing collectively. oly has 4 injuries and they can win a game on the road. we cant seem to lose.

And if anyone is worried about Eki being a atomistis, u dont have to worry about that. We have karagounis, who is the biggest (GIMME THE BALL) cry baby ever. but he has a gren heart and i love him anyway.

later skaters.

• 3 weeks later...

missing pre season training really effects your fitness level..its difficult to be injured for pre-season then come into training and be completely fit..

as for leontiou, he has to go through different stages of physical therapy..so thats prob why hes going to paris

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived