Phantis Forums

AEK - Sevilla

Genome

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sevilia are bastards... they never show their home games...

i remember with pao, again no picture, i was listenin on line radio...

the speaker goes ehhhhhhhh, and they won a penalty...????

what is this s%$#!???

how can this be allowed in this modern era????

maybe thrinos should do the same in europe in order to be able to obtain a draw...

How sad re gamoto. What a horrible week this has been.

I was watching the Sevilla vs Getafe game live. Puerta just dropped on the floor, no challenge, nothing. The English commentators said "there didn't seem to be a challenge, whether he's feeling the effects of an earlier tackle..." BUT I knew something was wrong immediately. I also saw the Cameroon game where Marc Vivien Foe collapsed and died (8eos makarisi ton), and it reminded me of that. Within seconds Sevilla's Serbian defender, Dragutinovic, RAN over to Puerta, wrenched his mouth open and was frantically trying to pull out his tongue. The club doctor pushed Dragutinovic away and seemed to manage to pull it out (not sure if Dragutinovic had managed it fully). Puerta then stood up, was breathing quite heavily and walked to the changing rooms.

I remember thinking, "wow, Dragutinovic was supposed to sign for Olympiakos before he signed for Sevilla, everything happens for a reason" (for those that don't know, he was on the verge of a move, it collapsed, then Sevilla went in for him). I just remember thinking he saved Puerta's life because he reacted so quickly! But apparently he had a heart-attack when he went back to the changing rooms. I can't believe it, it's so sad!! To think that someone so young (a year younger than me) could have a heart-attack (especially someone so athletically fit) is just so sad. May God be with him and his family and all those affected by the fires in this horrible week.

Seriously, how does such a young person suffer from a heart attack? Anyone got an explanation?

Here is the answer:

Doctor Francisco Murillo reported that Puerta had suffered multiple organ failure and irreversible brain damage as a result of multiple prolonged cardiac arrests due to an incurable, hereditary heart disease known as arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.[9] There is no official word on whether he had ever been equipped with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator. Puerta's premature death from heart problems is similar to those of Marc-Vivien Foe, Miklos Feher and Serginho.

Apparently, it was a hereditary heart disease he had.

It is all so sad, although I understand that the Sevilla-AC Milan game is still going ahead as a tribute to Puerta. The postponement means that AEK's game against Veroia is also postponed and we'll be going into the game on Monday without Dellas (who is now also injured). It will be an absolute miracle if we qualify. The other weird thing is that the Champions League and UEFA Cup draws are still going ahead as scheduled before the result is known. Hence, as I understand it, AEK has been paired with Sevilla in the second seeded group in the Champions League and in the first seeded group in the UEFA Cup!!!

it took a 22 yr old soccer player to die of a heart attack for uefa to cancel this match... Not the fact that the country they were gonna play this match was in flames, people were dying & had not interest in the sport of soccer... F#ck you uefa!!!!

we lost kusciak and we picked up manu on loan go figure....................

we desperetly needed a gk and picked up a speedster derails the whole reason why we picked up papas.

eimaste yhmnei in the back were all pining are hopes on moretto and i have no confidence in alves or azcarate sorry but its true not goodenough to play for aek

AEK need another keeper and fast transfer period is just about done.

Kusciak would of been top notch , but the little punk wanted n.1, a hell they should of given it to him.

One more thing whats up with all the injuries we havent even started the season and there falling like flies, what is ferer doin to them in practice.

And we still have players injured from LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! RE PAIDIA, TI YINETE RE

They shouldn't have and didn't give Kuciak anything. It's not our coach's policy/filosophy, and he's right. Why should he get 1st place without even having showed a thing with AEK? He's not Pepe Reyna or something!? :D

Sad to see him go. I am glad the game was postponed untill Monday. In a way it is our advantage since if we go thru we will be in the 2nd group of CL and if we go to UEFA we will be with the strong again. Not to go of topic it is a SAD day for Spain for what happen to Puerta but even SADER for Greece with all those fires....

i hate arsenal... and thirey enry... yea i know...tin ekane..

but i consider arsenal the gavroi of england if u know what i mean...

GO ROMANIA... :nw: :nw: :tup: :tup: romania rule the world..

Archived