Phantis Forums

Dish Network Dish Swap

Echostar Dish Network will start some time in October swapping out existing dishes with the new DISH 500+ Plus 110 / 118 / 119 for the International and Greek channels that are now broadcasting from the new Satellite Anik F3 at 118 orbital location

They will be turning off the 61.5 / 121 / 148 in the near future.

DKSat

• 2 months later...

DISH NETWORK MOVES THE GREEK CHANNELS OVER TO SATELLITE 118. YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL DISH NETWORK TO COME AND RE-POINT YOUR DISH IN THAT DIRECTION. FREE OF CHARGE OF COURSE. IF YOU DON'T DO IT BY EARLY 2008 YOU WILL LOSE THOSE CHANNELS. ERT WILL BE CHANNEL 603 & ANT1 604.

Yeah i got an automated call from dish this week telling me the greek channels would be moving. I think someone had posted that info here as well a few months ago. I called dish back the next day and 2 days later a guy came to my house, went up on the roof and did whatever he needed to do and said everything was ok. it was free and took about 10 minutes or so and there were no problems like loosing any other channels etc.

You may get a post card as well in that regard. Look in your mail. If you dont receive anything call Dish Network at 866-668-8047 to schedule now that the weather is better and without snow on the roofs.

Thanks for the info. I will wait another week and see if they try to contact me before I call them myself. Maybe they just haven't gotten to me yet. :P

My G/F received the call today but she doesnt understand any Greek, by the time I got the phone they were advertising ERT programming and there about the call ended.

I contacted DISH immeditately after already knowing about the switch thanks to this thread months ago yet they claimed that I did not need a re-point since they were keeping the 148 degree orbital position, which is where I am currently position at. Of course I was persistent and told them I had heard they were all moving including 148 so he again checked and confirmed to me that I was OKAY.

Why do I get the feeling this represenative didn't realize what he was talking about ?

Anyone willing to chime in ?

Archived