Phantis Forums

Sevilla - AEK

AEKPROTATHLIMA

I hope AEK or whomever is in charge of this for Greece will charge at least double when they come to Athens...

I'm happy we have the Betis fans on our side, the president of one of their biggest fan clubs already said in the press that they would be there "to support the Greek team and our ex-coach". He then continued with "we just ask one favor of you Serra, and that is that you beat our rivals".

From what I've heard/read they are making their words true, yesterday when the players arived there was a delegation of fans (about a 100, mostly Betis fans but also Greeks) there to greet Ferrer but also the players, particularly Rivaldo, whom they asked to score and help AEK beat their rivals, Sevilla. The players almost feel as if they're playing at home.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be an interesting game; sorry that we won't be able to watch it though.

If AEK plays like GREECE EURO 2004 they will qualify. Especially if they play like the first game Portugal-Greece. Sevilla are the favourites, no doubt; I would be delighted to see AEK coming through this.

Life becomes interesting when underdogs make it. Let AEK make it interesting!

:gr:

Completely agree :D :tup:

Well Supersport was going to make one last try yesterday (monday) on getting the game broadcast and I didn't read anywhere that they succeeded so it looks like we won't be able to watch it.

So unprofessional from Sevilla and Supersport!

This is horrible. This is the second time we are in this position w/ Seville. The main problem lies with the TV rights of Seville, who have sold their rights to 3 different companies. This problem has existed for 3 years. If you guys remember both the Seville vs. AEK & the Seville vs. PAO games for UEFA were also not broadcast due to this dispute.

It seems as though there will be no TV coverage at all, even in Spain, and that is what is causing the problem. As these 3 companies fight over the rights one company is not allowing the other to broadcast the game and so forth. So if no production is occurring in Spain nobody in Greece can pick up the feed and show it. Also it is difficult for SS or ERT to send in their own crews to produce and broadcast the game cause then you are back to which 1 of the 3 companies are you buying the rights from? You can give the 300,000 Euros to 1 company but then have the other two block you with the claim that they never had the right to sell it to you in the first place.

I hope I am wrong and someone is able to do something so we can see this game, but I seriously doubt it and we will most likely have to tune in via the radio . :tdown:

Fantastic.

places to watch the game.

www. greeknet . tv

www.sopcast.com

www.tvlizer.com

www.myp2p.com

greeknet is with subscription. u cant get it per month. i have it for over 6 months and never have a problem.

also. tvlizer is one i found out abotu rather recently. it is fantastic. u need sopcast or tvantz to watch but so far i have had no problems. i checked it while at my gf's house. ( i dont have sgreeknet there) and watched the whole lazio pao game.

otherwise, im sure it will be played on one of the sopcast channels.

enjoy fellas.

i think we got a fantastic shot at coming out with a positive result from sevilla , ive read that there about 4 or 5 that wont be available for 2morrows game from injuries or other reason , plus we will have the support of our superb yellow army brothers and the support of there arch rivals betis fans on our side.

i would still have an eye out for kanoute he could cause problems, this is our chance to snatch an away w.

AEK PAME NA SPASOUME KARDIES STIN PROTATHITRIA EFPOPIS SEVILLA

I'm not very optimistic guys. The Livorno friendly eradicated my confidence; and with Kanoute back and Fabiano on fire I am really worried that the tie will be over tomorrow. Please AEKara give us your greatest ever performance in this game!

Ten days have passed since that, ten days of training etc. And let's not forget "it was a friendly". Yes, it gives a view on how the team is doing but the climate tomorrow will be completely different and so will be the motivation.

Ten days have passed since that, ten days of training etc. And let's not forget "it was a friendly". Yes, it gives a view on how the team is doing but the climate tomorrow will be completely different and so will be the motivation.

Yes but Sevilla's motivation will also be high and they are miles better than Livorno. Also, Sevilla beat Real Madrid 1-0 at the weekend so they have already played top class opposition in a competitive game so they may be physically sharper. Finally, Sevilla fear AEK's threat which means they will be very motivated!

I hope I am wrong and you are right but I am VERY nervous. My prediction for tomorrow is 2-0 or 3-0 I'm afraid. :(

Yes but Sevilla's motivation will also be high and they are miles better than Livorno. Also, Sevilla beat Real Madrid 1-0 at the weekend so they have already played top class opposition in a competitive game so they may be physically sharper. Finally, Sevilla fear AEK's threat which means they will be very motivated!

I hope I am wrong and you are right but I am VERY nervous. My prediction for tomorrow is 2-0 or 3-0 I'm afraid. :(

My honest feeling is that AEK will have problems and the result will be a bad one in terms of progressing.

Friendly matches, playing the first match in Spain, individual player performances, who's playing for Sevilla, who the referee is and what he had for breakfast are all trivial things and will have little bearing on the result.

Let's look at the facts.

Sevilla is one of the best teams in the world over the past couple of seasons. AEK is definitely on the up, but can we realistically expect that AEK do anything impressive because they beat an AC Milan team last year?

Don't mistake my support or allegience as I am firmly beind AEK, but I just have a bad feeling.

Any loss in Seville will more than likely spell the end of AEK's 2007/08 CL campaign.

The pressure will be on Sevilla not us. And they will be facing a team with players and coach having Primera Liga experience. Not only that, but they will be facing a team whose unwanted player once pulled them out of the Spanish B Division. ;)

And, as Cerigo said,

THIS IS AEK! :bangin:

This game will be one big cracker to watch, hopefully everything goes well for our club tonight, anyway line-ups we could play for this crucial match tonight against Sevilla.

-----------------Moretto-----------------

Arraubarrena--Dellas--Papa--Ramos

-----------------Zikos-------------------

------Ensaliwa---------Julio Cesar-----

----------------Rivaldo------------------

-------Lymberopoulos--Manduca------

---------------Moretto-------------------

Arraubarrena--Dellas--Alvez--Ramos

---------Ensaliwa---Zikos--------------

---Manduca--Rivaldo--Julio Cesar----

----------Lymberopoulos---------------

---------------Moretto------------------

Arruabarrena--Dellas--Alvez--Ramos

----------Ensaliwa--Zikos--------------

----------Manduca--Rivaldo------------

-------Lymberopoulos----Julio Cesar

Reports from Seville say our players and coach were greeted enthusiastically by Real Betis supporters who urged their former coach and our leventes to knock out their hated cross-town rivals.

Hopefully, our morale will be high tonight and Sevilla will be taking the first step to returning to their much more familiar confines of the UEFA Cup :)

Archived