Phantis Forums

Peseiro our New Coach

Tsoglani

He has good ideas and an attacking mentality proper for big teams like Pao but he seems a little bit too soft for my taste. He reminds me of Rafa Benitez, all science and no pulse. Maybe he needs to win something. That 2005 Uefa cup final against CSKA is the perfect example of how he conducts his teams. 1-0 at half time against a good but accessible oponent and all of a sudden his players just gave up. With the dozens of aggressive football papers in Greece and with the fans desperate to end Olympiakos reign this will be a tough task.

On the occassion, e-sport published a list with all the PAO coaches since 1979. It looks like we changes coaches about 40 times in 27 years.

fcportoultra, some of our most successful (as in winning something) coaches were very low key (Gmoh being the exception). Rotsa and Shoum come to mind. Munoz had a lot of fire but the team looked deflated most of the time.

So, let's see how the new chemistry will work out next year. The good news is that he brings his assistants. The bad news is that we still don't have a conditioning coach (shades of last year). I hope the coaching team is in place before we start the off season training...

Good luck to Peseiro. I hope this is a new beginning for our team. Above all I hope we see PAO playing some good football for a change. It's been a while...

i dont know what to think really..i coach with potential to win something with at team that may have the potetial to win something...the moves so far have looked decent so i will not get on hi case immediately..i really hope he does a good job and stay because as it wa stated above..our record for coaches has been..poor..

Rocha, Kyrastas, Markarian, are some of my favorite PAO coaches. It is however unfair to compare their work with the PAO coaches of the last 3 years. None of them would have done well with the recent PAO teams. There simply is limited quality in every line up since Rizoupoli. That was te last PAO great team. Ironically so, they were booed at Leoforos in June of '03 in the Greece-Ukraine game. Back then I was very much against that, and received plenty of grief from many fellow PAO fans...

Peseiro or any other coach, can only do so much. Players play, coaches advise. What he has going for him, are the low standards that his predecessors have established. After all, he would be considered "successful", if we get to the CL in '08, or have a respectable UEFA run.

Thank you fcportoultra, for the informative post. OBRIGADO :)

Boa Sorte Peseiro! :tup:

PEACE

well the writings on the wall for him so i hope his ready for t he hard work ahead

who knows...we may be having this same conversation (ie welcoming a new coach) as early as christmas or by start of next season (which is most probable) which is very sad

just a few quotes that i was interested in:

There is an article on Peseiro in today's To Vema tes Kyriakes by I. Seretis who covers Panathinaikos.

Informative, but not critical in any way, as we know, sports journalists in the print media rarely dare to say anything that might offend the team they are reporting about.

The link to the article:

http://tovima.dolnet.gr/print_article.php?...5082&m=A50&aa=1

Archived