Phantis Forums

Bajevic is now available (again). Any takers?

athinaios

bajevic proven and munoz not??

hmmm...den eimaste kala

bajevic is a bicycle..i dont want that man coaching this club..i could be wrong, but i just dont like him..

Ok, everyone has their favourites but Bajevic has proven he is an excellent manager. I agree with Nikosvazelas, Munoz should of course be the 1st choice because he has started something which looks promising and it would be stupid to disrupt it but if he decides to leave Bajevic would be a very good option!

How many more times do we have to go through this Bajevic s hit? He has a very negative attitude (the last thing the team needs), he's the most overrated coach in Greece and has done absolutely NOTHING, ZERO, ZILLCHOID in Europe. Got it?

i agree 200% with you... he's overrated too much...

No question in my mind...Munoz must remain. He should be given the time he needs. For a club like Panathinaikos the last 3 years since the Championship has seen to many changes. Not quite as bad as Atletico Madrid under Jesus Gil but heading in the right direction.

Look at Celtic when Rangers dominated Celtic and won 9 championships. They put Martin O'Neill as coach and turned Celtic fortunes around to wherethey are the dominant team.

There needs to be a mix of youth, experience, Greek and foreign players but above all a culture to be developed where players play for each other. You do not need expensive signings but someone who has an eye for players.

Panathinaikos needs to look for a striker of the calibre of Warzycha, midfielders like Donis, Karagounis, Basinas, Borelli, defenders like Apostolakis, Seitaridis, Kolitsidakis, Kalitzakis, Ouzounidis.

The question is where are these players. Munoz must stay to build a team. Bajevic is not the answer.

what the hell is a Bajevic thread doing in PAO forum???

Moderators please correct and move this thread.

for the topic..

Bajevic was coaching at a different era. He is outdated now, he was nothing special ever to begin with then with quesitonable refereeing, he didnt do anything for the youth program

he was almost crucified with AEK he had a fantastic squad and couldnt take them hardly 4th place, and his last double OSFP had a good start but was basically a poor excuse for a football squad at the end of the season- everybody at OSFP would have reamed him out if it werent for a series of goalposts and nearmisses in PAO's last games...

The image people built him up to be is pure BS

The fact that he has this image makes it even worse if he comes to PAO

1-2 losses and he will be put on the CROSS.

Bajevic is, the worst possible option after Bakke for PAO. If he would come to PAO (which I really doubt is anything more than the media making dumb stories) he would be gone in 2 months, which would cost us another coach change/risk and yet another season.

How many more times do we have to go through this Bajevic s hit? He has a very negative attitude (the last thing the team needs), he's the most overrated coach in Greece and has done absolutely NOTHING, ZERO, ZILLCHOID in Europe. Got it?

I have to desagree with you. He is a verry good coach and defenetly not overated. He coach AEK with succes and then he went to Oly where he did good and also he took over a PAOK team that it was on verge of Bankcrapty and won the Greek cup and played maybe the best soccer ever for PAOK. So my point is that his actions speak louder than any other coach for PAO except maybe Munoz. I have to agree witheveryone here that PAO needs to keep Munoz because he is a good coach and he can built a good team. Changing coaches every 6 moths it's not going to do anything good. The only thing it does it hurts the team. So again PAO keep Munoz!!!

Munoz should stay but if he does not for any reason please DONT get Bajevic.Get everybody else but not him.That way next year when you see OSFP and Aek backs again and firing another coach that had no time for transfers or results or whatever reason you guys can do this all over again.That is your on curse of your team.There is light at the end of the tunnel but if you have enjoyed the darkness for so long,please STAY there. :P

Hmmm. I don't know why this reminds me of the "alegory of the cave" and the myth of Sysiphus ...

I dont know what reminds you my friend but even in a year with so many problems and ups and downs Pao has something to build on for next year but if Munoz or Bajevic are not the maestros in your team go buy kualia because that is going to be the only way to see titles or any kind of succes.Thie year we did not win the title,everybody else with there results gave it to us.Next year is going to be a totally diferent story.

QUOTE (cyberfish @ Mar 22 2007, 10:04 AM)

Hmmm. I don't know why this reminds me of the "alegory of the cave" and the myth of Sysiphus ...

I dont know what reminds you my friend but even in a year with so many problems and ups and downs Pao has something to build on for next year but if Munoz or Bajevic are not the maestros in your team go buy kualia because that is going to be the only way to see titles or any kind of succes.Thie year we did not win the title,everybody else with there results gave it to us.Next year is going to be a totally diferent story.

Crazy, perhaps PAO has won 1 title in 10 years and Olympiakos has 9 out of 10 and have dominated the Greek football league.

But you are right there are some things that don't change...For the 9 out of 10 years European football has witnessed Olympiakos qualify 1 out of 10 out of the Champions League.

Even before the Champions League, Olympiakos only qualified once for the quarters of European Cup.

I hope for all our sakes next is a better year and Olympiakos can bring some respect to Greek football and not continue to drag Greece down the UEFA ratings chart that threatens the numbers of teams Greece can enter.

As the saying goes all good things come to an end...I hope a new era in Greek football begins.

Also just remember one thing...when Olympiakos is strong the Greek national team I weak and this I can prove. I just hope that Greece beat Turkey and the players look to inspiration from our forefathers

Crazy, perhaps PAO has won 1 title in 10 years and Olympiakos has 9 out of 10 and have dominated the Greek football league.

But you are right there are some things that don't change...For the 9 out of 10 years European football has witnessed Olympiakos qualify 1 out of 10 out of the Champions League.

Even before the Champions League, Olympiakos only qualified once for the quarters of European Cup.

I hope for all our sakes next is a better year and Olympiakos can bring some respect to Greek football and not continue to drag Greece down the UEFA ratings chart that threatens the numbers of teams Greece can enter.

As the saying goes all good things come to an end...I hope a new era in Greek football begins.

Also just remember one thing...when Olympiakos is strong the Greek national team I weak and this I can prove. I just hope that Greece beat Turkey and the players look to inspiration from our forefathers

It might sound Crazy to you but i would like to see Pao becoming stronger and better since only with great competition in our league our teams can do and play better in Europe.Pao in Europe has not done anything great lately my friend so dont even go there as for your last comment about when OSFP is strong our National team is weak it does not make any sence to me what so ever.Please feel free to explain that to me what do you mean? :unsure:

It might sound Crazy to you but i would like to see Pao becoming stronger and better since only with great competition in our league our teams can do and play better in Europe.Pao in Europe has not done anything great lately my friend so dont even go there as for your last comment about when OSFP is strong our National team is weak it does not make any sence to me what so ever.Please feel free to explain that to me what do you mean? :unsure:
you're right he doesnt make sense with that comment, but neither do you about a stronger domestic PAO making a better European PAO.... there were years we progressed & earned valueable points for Greece while your almighty domestic osfpp was spreading her legs in Europe.... so maybe you shouldnt go THERE

You know, all greek team get f@cked in europe.... and, it doesn't make a diff. if you're raped 5 or 7 times!

of course, a better, more competitive league will make better teams abroad

but, in order to do we need to change the conditions.... and get rid of people like tzigger & kokkalis who know sh*t about football and like to micromanage their teams...

and, we need better fans who are not confused by smoke & mirrors... (every year the same BS with the same results more or less)

PS>I've been a PAO fan since (well, longer than most people here) but we can't always answer back with an event that happened some 35 yrs ago, and a few other "almost-there" moments.

It might sound Crazy to you but i would like to see Pao becoming stronger and better since only with great competition in our league our teams can do and play better in Europe.Pao in Europe has not done anything great lately my friend so dont even go there as for your last comment about when OSFP is strong our National team is weak it does not make any sence to me what so ever.Please feel free to explain that to me what do you mean?

To Crazy and Bar7

Let me explain but first to Crazy, how long have you been an Olympiakos supporter. Hopefully not in the last 10 years which just happens to be when Olympiakos won the titles.

Anyway, my comment about when Olympiakos is strong the National team is weak. Lets go back in time.

First the World Cup:

1. 1970 - Greece missed out by 1 point to qualify for the World Cup. Romania qualified with a lucky win over Switzerland. Greece could have been playing Brazil in that Group. The Champions in 1969 & 1970 - Panathinaikos (twice)

2. 1974 - Greece did not qualify for the World Cup. Who were champions - 1973 & 1974 - Olympiakos.

3. 1978 - Greece did not qualify for the World Cup. Who were champions 1977 -Panathinaikos & 1978 AEK.

4. 1982 - Greece did not qualify. Who were champions - 1981 & 1982 Olympiakos.

5. 1986 - Greece did not qualify. Who were champions - 1985 PAOK & 1986 Panathinaikos.

6. 1990 - Greece did not qualify. Who were champios - 1989 AEK & 1990 Panathinaikos.

7. 1994 - GREECE MAKES WORLD CUP. Who were champions - 1993 & 1994 AEK Athens (twice).

8. 1998 - Greece did qualify for the World Cup. Who were champions - 1997 & 1998 Olympiakos (twice)

9. 2002 - Greece did not qualify for the World Cup. Who were champions - 2001 & 2002 Olympiakos (twice).

10. 2006 - Greece did not qualify for the World Cup. Who were chamions - 2005 & 2006 Olympiakos (twice).

Therefore in 10 World Cup qualification series. Greece has made the World Cup once in 1994, AEK won the league in 1993 and 1994.

However of the 18 Champions where Greece failed to qualify, it is interesting to note who were the champions:

10 Olympiakos

5 Panathinaikos

2 AEK

1 PAOK

The European Championship

1. 1980 - Greece qualified. Champions 1979 AEK & 1980 Olympiakos

2. 1984 - Greece did not qualify. Champions 1983 Olympiakos & 1984 Panathinaikos.

3. 1988 - Greece did not qualify. Champions 1987 Olympiakos & 1988 Larissa.

4. 1992 - Greece did not qualify. Champions 1991 Panathinaikos & 1992 AEK.

5. 1996 - Greece did not qualify. Champions 1995 & 1996 Panathinaikos.

6. 2000 - Greece did not qualify. Champions 1999 & 1999 Olympiakos.

7. 2004 - GREECE QUALIFIES. Champions 2003 Olympiakos & 2004 Panathinaikos.

Therefore for the Euro Champs the 2 times Greece qualified, the champions during the qualification years were:

2 Olympiakos

1 Panathinaikos

1 AEK

The 5 times they did not qualify the champions in the qualification period were

4 Olympiakos

4 Panathinaikos

1 AEK

1 Larissa

If you have a look at Euro 2004 with players and clubs:

Nikopolidis Panathinaikos

Seitaridis Panathinaikos

Fissas Panathinaikos

Kapsis AEK

Dellas AEK

Basinas Panathinaikos

Zagorakis PAOK

Giannakopoulos Olympiakos

Haristeas Werder

Katsouranis AEK

Vrizas Fiorentina

So in summary for a team who won 9/10 championships in past 10 years, they have 1 player to represent the National Team.

As I say generally when Olympiakos are champions, the National team do not seem to be as strong as they should.

I hope this makes sense

Archived