Phantis Forums

Ninis on the national team?

plato-ny

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be called up just to get a cap since Albania is calling him up too. And he's eligible for both countries for now.

he has a greek name his football education is also credited to greece since he is a product of the panathinaikos youth team, how can you expect him to play for albania

Call him up into the NT and give him 10 minutes against Korea. If he is good enough, he is old enough.

Look at England with Theo Walcott...he had never played a full Premier leage match, but was selected in the WC 2006 squad and played a few minutes.

It's the old Greek mentality again of if you are under 30 you're a baby at work here.

Also just because he's been called up by Albania as well points to nothing.

Albania has also called up a player who wasn't even born in that country but in the former Yugoslavia and now lives in Australia. They can call up anyone they like much like Croatia does with people of 3rd and even 4th generation heritage, but at the end of the day Ninis is a product of Hellenic football and considers himself a Greek.

Call him up into the NT and give him 10 minutes against Korea. If he is good enough, he is old enough.

Look at England with Theo Walcott...he had never played a full Premier leage match, but was selected in the WC 2006 squad and played a few minutes.

It's the old Greek mentality again of if you are under 30 you're a baby at work here.

Albania has also called up a player who wasn't even born in that country but in the former Yugoslavia and now lives in Australia. They can call up anyone they like much like Croatia does with people of 3rd and even 4th generation heritage, but at the end of the day Ninis is a product of Hellenic football and considers himself a Greek.

Theo Walcott didnt play at all at the WC and he has flopped at Arsenal. Sometimes pressure can get to a kid.

Theo Walcott didnt play at all at the WC and he has flopped at Arsenal. Sometimes pressure can get to a kid.

I'm mistaken then.

I also do agree that pressure would be immense for these kids.

I still think they should give him a run during the Korea match. I'm not talking about throwing him in against Turkey for Euro qualifying.

good point

is he Orthodox?

If not - could be an interesting teamate of Pandalis Kone - have there been any other Muslim memebers of the ethniki?

let him play for the under 17's Greek NT....

i want to see him work his way up to our NT in a couple of years...

bringing him in now would be a huge and amature mistake by otto... I mean the kid has played half a dozen games for pao and all of a sudden his NT quality??

s%$#! how sad has greek football become where a 17 year old whos only played 6-7 games for Pao is good enough for the NT...

if he is consistant for a year or two at the level his playing now and improving then id say bring him in at 19!!

6-7 games is surely not enough to make it into the NT and if it is then our standards of players r really really crap and so is our league!

p.s Ninis isnt a wonder kid jst yet...

let him play for the under 17's Greek NT....

i want to see him work his way up to our NT in a couple of years...

bringing him in now would be a huge and amature mistake by otto... I mean the kid has played half a dozen games for pao and all of a sudden his NT quality??

s%$#! how sad has greek football become where a 17 year old whos only played 6-7 games for Pao is good enough for the NT...

if he is consistant for a year or two at the level his playing now and improving then id say bring him in at 19!!

6-7 games is surely not enough to make it into the NT and if it is then our standards of players r really really crap and so is our league!

p.s Ninis isnt a wonder kid jst yet...

totally agree..let him get alittle experience..send him to the u-21s and see how he goes from there..remember he is 16...think of how it would be if u were in the kids place...we need to put some pressure on him to continue working hard, but too much pressure may break his back so we must be patient

Rehagals selections are starting to piss me off :whistle:

Why not give some young players a go in a friendly like Ninhs,Pappas,Pappadpoulos from APH and pessist with Anatolaks the skotostra,Goumas the Kologero, Fyssas the pensioner and Kafes the koimismeno.

OTO wake up and get rid of the CRAP u select every game...

Its great that he picked Torosidhs BUT takes out Salpighdhs and Pappadopoulos who have hardly been given a chance :tdown:

Bravo paikti kala ta les.diladi den katalava gia na paixeis se ethniki prepi na 25?Kai go leo kalese ton Vyntra(APARADEKTOS KAI AMPALOS)kalese ton Tzioli(aplos APARADEKTOS)ton Anatolaki(kala na mi to syzitame)

Diladi ayto to pitsiriki pou to eidame kai einai kalo paiktaki de prepei?Ego prosopika to snompara kai elega vlakeies alla to eida se 4 agones kai epatha plaka.De leo oti den yparhoun alloi san kai ayto,alla to paidi ehei to pleonektima na ginei poly kalyteros...

Kalliergise to..

He'll be called up just to get a cap since Albania is calling him up too. And he's eligible for both countries for now.

My friend I want to give you an example.

You are a scientist from Greece or Albania or Congo etc...

You went to the United States of America at(or in i dont know) the age of 3/5/7 etc

Now,where you live its your country no?

Lets say that it is not like that..

Lets say that your family made you a perfect Greek,Albanian,Congolese...

And the time passes by and you become 17...25...

Now the Greek/Albanian/Congolese goverment wants you back in your homecountry

but the opportunities in the US are infinite and the money are not questionable..Plus the reasearch its far beyond the imagination of your homecountry..

(and my friend this is a science fiction scenario because the kid said that he is greek but ignore that i write this part)

Now tell me what would you do?

• 2 weeks later...

if he is as good as everyoine sayz (haven't seen him other than highlites) then why not play for the ethniki when he is 20-22? i mean England and argentina and brazil employ young stars for their national team. heck england took a 17 year old to the world cup. not saying that it is always the best thing but why not being them up, see how they react and go from there

I agree mostly with Byzantinos and Irlandos.

My thinking is the following (it may be bullshit but I am bold enough to state it).

In considering whether he could play or not, one should consider what this player can do in comparison with what the other players that we have in this position can do.

A very good attacking middlefield that we have is Stelios, pure value through the years and unique in his position; but with limited endurance at a high pace during the game (at most 60 minutes).

There is a player (Ninis) who plays in the same position as Stelios and can give great attacking solutions and pressure from the middle and the sides. This player has proved that he can play and he has the guts to be the best in the most important game for PAO this season. His crossings are just deadly. His age is irrelevant. This player can do great things, he has shown it and any other discussion is irrelevant. He could be an excellent substitution for Stelios and in this fashion we can maintain our constant attacking pressure for (more than) 90 minutes!

In Greece you have to learn MERITOCRACY; the best should play. It hasn't got to do with age or team; it has to do with ability.

If he is good enough for the National team, he should just be playing!

To play as a starting eleven would not be appropriate; as we have Stelios who is much more experienced to play at this position. But in the very highly likely case that Stelios gets tired, he could be an excellent substitution.

I cannot think of any other current member of the Greek National team that has the abilities that the National Team crucially needs at this position. It must be Ninis only.

My opinion is that he fully deserves to play at the National Team level based on his current performance and therefore he should be called. Simple and plain meritocracy.

geok :gr:

Archived