Phantis Forums

Ionikos - PAO

MadBoy13

pao had an impressive 2nd half. it was nice to see the transition from midfield to offence improve. mind you it was against ionikos, but unlike others i still say u have to start somewhere. considering we lost at home to AEK, we lost at home to ionikos and we have played terrible football, its quite interesting that we r tied for second.

Ebede 7-not really tested. but did his job.

leontiou 7- did a bang up job replacing seric on left back. i like this kid.

morris 8- As usual the best pao defender. u saw the difference in the 2nd half in the last 20 when he was replaced by biscan.

goumas 6- was mediocre. He was never a great defender and i will not be saddend when we transfer for someone to replace him.

Vyntra i will save for the end.

Ninhs 7- Honestly. he did nothing wrong. maybe he wasnt as dangerous on the offensive side but he controls the ball well and makes little or no pressured mistakes.great header pass to salpi. i love this kids enthusiasm. keep him playing every second game or so.

Bovio 5- was really the worst mf for pao today. atsala tackles and horrible ball control. i see an early return to malaga for him this summer.

Tziolis 6.5- had some decent moments offensively but had trouble completing his passes. defensively was strong. nevertheless, keep him playing. youth is the only solution.

Romero 7.5- probably played his best game with pao. (excluding the pre season)He was dangerous on the left side, which like i said from the beginning, is his strong side. However, i dont think he will be part of the startin 11 in the very near futur. Still a good game for him.

Tsigas 7- Had two chances and scored two goals. lets not start callin him vazexa jr. youth movement .. etc

Salpi 7.5 Did his job. had two men on him all game and still managed 3 scoring chances and was the man that caused the pressure on the own goal. very effective.

Pap 6- did nothign special but rarely does. loses the ball too often but is the capitain of the team and i cant be a naysayer. is not the cf we need. at least he hustles and gives it his all. would be perfect to play left side in a 4-3-3 system/

and now for vyntra. Im sorry but i cant take it anymore. i completely dislike his style, ball control and defensive capabilities. I will not tolerate the organizations incapabilities to judge talent. we get rid of gekas and then spend the next 6 months lookin for a CF and yet here we r with a vulnerable def and Vyntra keeps playing game in game out. i say, morris at RB and sign urself a CB to cover up for morris. i cant handle this kid anymore.

the way i see it, u got to take the positves out of everygame. so once again, i choose to ignore vyntra hoping that mangaement doesnt do the same.

now i will wait for athinaios and cyberfishes review. they r usually the most sane ones. mind you.. that all depends on how much drugs they have taken during the week.

later skaters

Its funny how Tsigkas returns to PAO with 2 goals. He comes to PAOK in the summer injured, we fix him, he plays a few games for us scores two goals then leaves us for PAO again. He returns to PAO all fit and ready and goes straight into the starting 11.

Ironic isnt it...

Its funny how Tsigkas returns to PAO with 2 goals. He comes to PAOK in the summer injured, we fix him, he plays a few games for us scores two goals then leaves us for PAO again. He returns to PAO all fit and ready and goes straight into the starting 11.

Ironic isnt it...

yeah

Ironic isnt it...

yeah
It maybe seen that this was the plan all along, in that he used us to get back to match fitness.

now i will wait for athinaios and cyberfishes review. they r usually the most sane ones. mind you.. that all depends on how much drugs they have taken during the week.

later skaters

:LOL:

Nikosvazelas:

I paid my dues on Supersport.gr and can't report on the first half because I watched it while I was talking on the phone with a friend in Greece (he is Olympiakos, and we were having fun discussing Greek football for 45 minutes). So I could not pay attention on who was where and I can't really write anything decent about the first half.

From the second half though I agree with your assessment completely.

Just to add a bit: From what I've seen so far (two games each), Leontiou is the best LB we 've fielded since Munch (which is a shame because he is also a better DM than Bovio), and Ninis has played the RM/RW position better than any other one we have fielded in a long time. Neither did anything extraordinary in this game but both were very serious, held their position amicably and moved forward whenever possible. They both picked the right moments to move on attack and had generally positive efforts on both ends of the field.

Symfonw kai epaf3anw about Vintra, Goumas, Biscan, and Bovio.

I am in complete agreement that we need to play Tziolis, Leontiou, Ninis as much as possible. I am encouraged seeing how Munoz manages our talent very well so far.

I also agree that we did not do anything extraordinary by beating a weak team, but remember, this has been our big problem so far: we did not do what we were supposed to do. No reason to rejoice too loudly about this win, but no reason to complain about it either. A win by four goals is always welcome in my life and I wish I were in the stadium to cheer the players.

glad to see romero produce finaly.... but ionikos is the worst team in the league.

how exactly do ionikos have 3 points??? they had 6 earlier in the season... :huh:

tou aferethikan vathmoi tote pou enas opados xtipise ton epopti... itan to paixnidi me ton Irakli
oh yeah forgot about that....

NikosVazelas & Cyberfish have nailed it, so I won't repeat the same points. As for our reviews depend on the amount of ..drugs we take, well, it's true, I confess. Sometimes it pains us so much to see our beloved team not performing, so what can we do???!!!.....

awesome goal by Romero, congrats, but over all, he's been a disappointment....

what's amazing is that, over the years, there have been great players who sat on the bench because there was no room on the starting 11, but Vyntra has been playing so much.... This kid is an embarrassment. I'm sure Munoz sees that... Again, I like our coach because he says things we all see! You'd think this would be expected, but many of the last coaches were hallucinating.... (talking about serious drugs here!)

Good posts and I have to agree about Vyntra. I've never seen him play a great game and its beyond me how he can get called up for the NT. He doesn't belong in Panathinaikos; I just don't get it , what do they see in this guy? Someone told me that supposedly he impresses during practice. Could be. I also think its admirable of Munoz to use these younger guys; can you imagine Malezani doing this?

Archived